Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Was watching the British mystery series Inspector Lewis last night. Enjoy Inspector Hathaway played by Lawrence Fox. He is a real good looking guy, and as he walked, he seemed to be swinging a big bulge. Anybody notice this, can only imagine what he looks like nude. He has that penetrating brooding stare.

Reactions: brody

Boris_Kolitya

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Was watching the British mystery series Inspector Lewis last night. Enjoy Inspector Hathaway played by Lawrence Fox. He is a real good looking guy, and as he walked, he seemed to be swinging a big bulge. Anybody notice this, can only imagine what he looks like nude. He has that penetrating brooding stare.

I once googled Laurence Fox and found some "nude" pics. Mostly rear. I couldn't see what he carries. Even so, he is hot, even if he is VERY straight. One fantasy would be if maybe Hathaway likes older men; he and Lewis have more than a friendship. Could be something to see. (LOL)

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If it helps your fantasy, Boris, the character of Hathaway is written so that it hints at Hathaway's sexuality as bisexual or predominantly gay. You'd have to watch earlier series to explore this. Hathaway was training for the priesthood before joining the police and it is suggested that his sexuality was partly why he left the seminary.

Reactions: colin20 and brody

Boris_Kolitya

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If it helps your fantasy, Boris, the character of Hathaway is written so that it hints at Hathaway's sexuality as bisexual or predominantly gay. You'd have to watch earlier series to explore this. Hathaway was training for the priesthood before joining the police and it is suggested that his sexuality was partly why he left the seminary.

I remember that in one of the earlier series, they danced around the idea that Hathaway had been abused as a child. I know what you mean about questioning his sexuality. In one episode, he was in bed with a woman who drugged him and tried to kill him by burning down the house. That would send me back to arms of some man! (LOL)

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I loved the series. Inspector Lewis was a "spinoff" from Inspector Morse. Lewis was Inspector Morse's sidekick.

After the Inspector Morse series ended, the powers that be created Inspector Lewis. However, I felt that Detective Sergent Hathaway (played by Laurence Fox) stole the show.

Laurence Fox came from the Fox acting dynasty. There was one episode in which Laurence Fox acted with his uncle (?), Edward Fox.

I have not watched the latest season, and I am looking forward to it.

Voglener

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I loved the series. Inspector Lewis was a "spinoff" from Inspector Morse. Lewis was Inspector Morse's sidekick.

After the Inspector Morse series ended, the powers that be created Inspector Lewis. However, I felt that Detective Sergent Hathaway (played by Laurence Fox) stole the show.

Laurence Fox came from the Fox acting dynasty. There was one episode in which Laurence Fox acted with his uncle (?), Edward Fox.

I have not watched the latest season, and I am looking forward to it.

Have you seen ENDEAVOR? It shows how Inspector Morse got his start. I love all those shows. Really would like to see more INSPECTOR LYNLEY; loved him and D.S. Havers. There's also a great series called SCOTT & BAILEY that's worth a look.

Endeavour | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
MYSTERY! | The Inspector Lynley Mysteries
Scott & Bailey

Reactions: colin20

scottmac

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lewis. Series 7. The Ramblin' Boy. Part one. At 9 minutes and seven seconds, the scene in the pub as Hathaway is going on holiday, if you look closely at Hathaway's luggage on the bottom right corner is a Rainbow Flag. I'm not suggesting anything but ......

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
The suggestion that Hathaway is gay is fan candy relative to the character. As for Fox, the actor, he has been married to Billie Piper for years as seen in the post above you.

The writers of "Inspector Morse", I believe, damaged Hathaway's character. he started as being ambiguously gay, but then damaged it by making him tortured and over-compensating with a conflicted sense of religion and orthodoxy. Then, miraculously the show needs a reboot; the writers send Hathaway on a 2 or 3 episode retreat, Hathaway's character gets a re-write, and now he's to be a hetero heart-throb who appeals to the 20-something set. Hathaway's character development has been abused.

Lewis. Series 7. The Ramblin' Boy. Part one. At 9 minutes and seven seconds, the scene in the pub as Hathaway is going on holiday, if you look closely at Hathaway's luggage on the bottom right corner is a Rainbow Flag. I'm not suggesting anything but ......

scottmac

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The suggestion that Hathaway is gay is fan candy relative to the character. As for Fox, the actor, he has been married to Billie Piper for years as seen in the post above you.

Indeed HB I am fully aware of the marital status of Mr. Fox. It was the fact that even in series seven of Lewis the character Hathaway's sexuality was being subtly
hinted at.
As for Mr. Fox himself, there has never been any suggestion that he was inclined towards a relationship with a man. Lawrence also made it clear in previous interviews that if nudity were called for in an acting role he was quite prepared to do it.
I do feel it is a pity that the writers of Lewis have failed to show him in any way to have leaning either way. This is only my opinion. Just to round the character off.
Meanwhile, back on topic, LF certainly is a very sexy man.

Boris_Kolitya

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Indeed HB I am fully aware of the marital status of Mr. Fox. It was the fact that even in series seven of Lewis the character Hathaway's sexuality was being subtly
hinted at.
As for Mr. Fox himself, there has never been any suggestion that he was inclined towards a relationship with a man. Lawrence also made it clear in previous interviews that if nudity were called for in an acting role he was quite prepared to do it.
I do feel it is a pity that the writers of Lewis have failed to show him in any way to have leaning either way. This is only my opinion. Just to round the character off.
Meanwhile, back on topic, LF certainly is a very sexy man.

I just remembered a pic I saw years ago. I don't remember where it was, maybe on the old Horsey's. It was of Keven Whateley. He was playing rugby nude. It showed him full frontal. Not terribly large, but a nice size. Cut. And a good pair of balls. Also, pubes not cut off.

thatbearguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I first saw him in The Hole. The shower scene is worth seeing.

Attachments