inspiration or intimidation

D_Polidore Pudpounder

Experimental Member
Media
so i go back to the gym after a month off
after working out there's this guy changing
he has a note-perfect body and more cock than he knows what to do with
now im no slouch, but i'll NEVER look like that unless i stop living such an interesting life.

so im asking does other guys physiques inspire you to get in the gym
or get out?

ps. attached a word from my sponsors
ref. inspired by Monster's recent 'Bodython'

Attachments

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Great question. Honestly, I have thought about this too. Sometimes seeing those really good looking defined bodies just makes me wanna throw in the towel, because I'll never be 20 again. But usually I get over that, because that basis of that type of thinking is indeed self-pity. Once you get rid of that attitude, you just wanna get in there & make your own physique the nicest & best it CAN possibly be. To reach your potential.......whatever that may be.

:tongue:

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I think it is human nature to compare to others, but I agree with Dudepiston...make your own physique the best it can be!!! There are always going to be better physiques and worse physiques. I am just happy with who I am.

D

deleted3782

I view them as having achieved a level of fitness and/or beauty and that is great for them. I, on the other hand, have never been able to achieve a muscular and defined body...so I dont even compare myself to those guys. I would say it neither inspires me (because I know I'll never look like that), nor does it intimidate me (because I can look good in my own way). Good for them...but it makes no difference to me...

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'll never see my 20's again, but I'm not throwing in the towel. I'm vain enough to continue with the gym routine and show off that I still have basically the same abs and well-toned body at 57 years onward that I did when I was 30. It's staying away from all of those hedonistic, relaxing carbohydrates that I find the most difficult. The gym is as much a part of my day as breakfast and El Diario u Clarín y un cortado con una lágrima.

I also like hanging with like-minded men my own age and comparing notes on what's aching this week and keeping abreast of the newest anti-inflammatory medication. My little posse of same age gym rats is a hell of a lot more interesting than sitting in the park and playing chess (at least for me).

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Usually other dudes inspire me unless its a dude that may or may not be juicing, thats down right scary. When I first starting working out I was intimidated and I decided to work out at home. That didn't work out to well so I went back to my gym. I need others around, they truly do inspire me.

D_Polidore Pudpounder

Experimental Member
Media
thanks dudepiston/rico27/midlifebear/monster/exwhysee
yeah i guess it is competition to some extent, a natural guy reaction,
the flipside being seeing someone carrying some timber in a gym and
thinking 'well im not lookin 2 bad'. I only started going to a gym 10months ago,
just always been active + slim, but figured id try out the muscle thing.
the guy in the gym today, just made me wonder if my reaction was common,
my priorities lie elsewhere, but damn he looked awesome... ;)

D_9998

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me it makes me want to work out more/harder. On the same note it gives me a high level of respect to the individual for commitment to something so difficult to obtain and stick with, as long as they did not "cheat" their way there. Good on them but if you work hard enough one day that will be you.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get inspired by the regulars in my gym (both men and women) and sometimes from the physiques of others, although the amount of men that juice in some way, shape, or form keeps me from letting someone who is bigger than me make me feel bad.

I appreciate people (especially men) of all ages who go to the gym, even if your abs do not show.

Lex--waiting for midlifebear to adopt me as his honorary Boy

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I view them as having achieved a level of fitness and/or beauty and that is great for them. I, on the other hand, have never been able to achieve a muscular and defined body...so I dont even compare myself to those guys. I would say it neither inspires me (because I know I'll never look like that), nor does it intimidate me (because I can look good in my own way). Good for them...but it makes no difference to me...

Well said, exwhysee (and you sure as all hell look good in your own way - slurp :tongue:). Your take mirrors mine. I definitely don't find them intimidating, but I wouldn't say they inspire me either. I get more inspired by what I'm able to accomplish when working out, or by totally exhausting myself (if that makes any sense). The guys with the model physiques are certainly eye-candy though. :tongue:

Somewhat on topic aside... I just got back from the gym. The place I go has a lot of actor/model types (but then that's LA for ya) so its not unusual for me to see guys there who deserve to be shirtless and/or nude as much as possible. But there was this one dude today... I noticed him when he was using the lat pulley things. I'd say about 30, good looking, dark hair, and at least 6'6. I suck at guessing weight but I'd say 250. His body was juiced to the point of comedy. I've never seen someone that big in my life. The specific thought that crossed my mind was that he's got the kind of body I've only ever seen in comic books, which, if you think about it, is kind of grotesque.

Anyway, when he moved over to the bench press that's when I noticed what he was wearing. A fucking Superman t-shirt. I just about fell down the steps laughing.

So he was definitely inspiring, but not in the way he's going for. :biggrin1:

D_Polidore Pudpounder

Experimental Member
Media
i guess over here in darkest north london there's
not the same body culture (too cold to take your top off when its raining horizontally)
the guy that made me post this idea was just naturally perfectly built
str8 as a die and obviously just in it for fitness
i guess it was the unaware effortlessness of him that made me think
'damn why am i trying so hard'?
but 4 real i just kind of really admired how good he looked.
the superman look sounds hilarious though hotbtminla, though methinks wonderwoman would've been a more honest choice of shirt.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
so i go back to the gym after a month off
after working out there's this guy changing
he has a note-perfect body and more cock than he knows what to do with
now im no slouch, but i'll NEVER look like that unless i stop living such an interesting life.

so im asking does other guys physiques inspire you to get in the gym
or get out?

ps. attached a word from my sponsors
ref. inspired by Monster's recent 'Bodython'

I must admit, Rico27 has inspired me to go back to the gym. Thanks my friend...YOU ROCK!!!

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so im asking does other guys physiques inspire you to get in the gym or get out?
I've been very active since I was a kid (playing outside and riding bikes). At 19 I started lifting and working out more methodically. Working out has become a part of my life...just something I have to do every week. So I would say I'm just inspired by myself mostly. I set my own standards for myself. But sometimes I am inspired by other guys' bodies, especially if I hear other people say nice things about them.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
all my friends seem to be getting all slim and toned up, while i'm doing nothing, so it does make me want to go the gym. i'm being mentally raped by college and working out at the end of the day or to get out of bed in the morning to do so, but even the thought makes me tired.

i plan on going to the gym this summer when everything is over and i can focus on getting in shape. i know i will probably never be jacked, but i'd at least like to look awesome naked.

D_Polidore Pudpounder

Experimental Member
Media
ok so do you think you can seperate what going to the gym does for you personally to what the impact its affect has on other people does for your self confidence (+ therefore motivation?).

ie. 'i go because it makes me feel good because i look good'

i realise all this has nothing to do with the size of your cock, which brings me to PART TWO: Has having a big cock meant you have more inner self-confidence + therefore hasn't make you feel like you have had to work as hard at other things (fitness/style/etc.) in order to impress a partner?

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my late teens, and early 20's, I had a 8 pack, i could just look at the gym and my body would show definition. In my 30's I had to really start working to keep it. By my late 30's the 8 pack was down to six and still well defined but man I had to work at it non stop. I'm now 45, I am still in great shape, but I just don;t have the energy that I used to have to spend 3 hours a day in the gym, I just can't be bothered anymore, so I try to just maintain what I have with cardio and a bike ride in the Hollywood Hills. I see pics of models and actors with these amazing bodies, then I think to myself, they are paid to have such bodies. I'm just glad that I can still be proud to take off my shirt in public and not scare people away.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
After working out I strip down and take a good look at myself in the mirror and think - I don't look so bad. I am a guy in his 60s who didn't start working out seriously until he was in his late 30s, and thought I don't look like one of the ripped guys in their 30s, but I sure as heck look better then most of the guys in my age bracket. I can say this for 2 reasons, from seeing the guys in the locker room that are in my age bracket and the fact that the trainers, who have seen me on the locker room have commented that my body looks like someone 10 - 15 years younger then some one in their mid 60s.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
After working out I strip down and take a good look at myself in the mirror and think - I don't look so bad. I am a guy in his 60s who didn't start working out seriously until he was in his late 30s, and thought I don't look like one of the ripped guys in their 30s, but I sure as heck look better then most of the guys in my age bracket. I can say this for 2 reasons, from seeing the guys in the locker room that are in my age bracket and the fact that the trainers, who have seen me on the locker room have commented that my body looks like someone 10 - 15 years younger then some one in their mid 60s.

Bro, you rock!!! I think guys who take care of themselves their whole lives are totally awesome. Most guys get to a stage and stop doing anything..I admire you (and others) for keeping up with your work out.