Instrumental & vocal music

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This thread is for instrumental music and forms of vocal music that do not qualify as songs. The distinction between songs and other forms of vocal music is a bit complex, so for the purposes of this thread, I'll just say if it seems like the vocals are not the focus of the composition but are rather supporting the instrumentals, this is a fine place to share it.

A few examples of genres of music that often are not song would be classical, electronic, and soundtracks.

Look forward to listening to y'alls contributions!

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anything by Enya.

Well, her repertoire would be a good place to look. It's pretty mixed though.

Come to think of it, referencing her music could provide good examples of the categories I have in mind. Taking a look through her album Watermark:

The lead track is somewhat vocal, but is absent lyrics, so it is not a song.

"On Your Shore" is unquestionably a song. It seems to me at least half her tracks are:

"Miss Claire Remembers" is an example of strictly instrumental music:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I listen to instrumentals almost every day coming from my husband's studio. Many times it's different, but when I hear the same melody hour after hour and day after day I know he's zeroed in on something. Just listening to the song evolved is wonderful. We were married for quite a few years before I realized what was going on. Then to hear the finished product is sort of awesome.

theaveragedude

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Frustrated by declining attendance, classical concert subscriptions and a population which increasingly considered F**k Yo' Mama by Snoopy-Doggy-Doggy-Dog to be great music, the Florida Orchestra took a page out of the concept of bringing the mountain to Mohammed. In this case they packed-up and transported a large percentage of orchestra members and instruments to the International Plaza. The acoustics and balance are surprisingly superb in this mall.

For reasons unknown they excerpted a couple measures at the end.

That was awesome!