Insurrection At The Captiol

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Fundamentalism is a death cult. Period. It should not be treated as a legitimate faith.
There is a fundamentalist group in all the religions. The common trait in all the fundamentalist groups that I am aware regardless of the religion is that the religion teaches the positives: kindness, honesty, and so on and so forth. Fundamentalism turns these traits into sinister actions: hatred, dishonesty and so on.

Those negative elements are under the surface to some degree in all religions, but the negative elements become so loud that the positive elements can no longer be heard.

As a devout Christian I believe that the negative elements can be completely controlled by the positive elements.

Obviously, I am a far left leaning Christian who only looks for the good things in the Bible and I find ways to explain away the negative elements in the Bible. I am here on a Big Dick sight! I certainly am not your Southern Baptist preacher in town.

Oh wait, ...

Never mind, I'll not speculate on the local SBC pastor's Internet history!

Richard M S

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The problem that this group has is that the genie is out of the bottle. The African Americans and the Latinos are not going to return to being second class or worse citizens just because Trump and company want that to happen.

What is different about this time is that African-Americans, Muslims, Latinos, etc. are now in elected offices in many states and cities. Fortunately their perspective enables them to do the once unthinkable - such as firing police officers when warranted. This is a key reason so many police union officials backed Trump so enthusiastically.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I just watched "the" video. I am left feeling like I have after just awakening from surgery.

I had this faith that somehow Trump would mess up and that entire political/religious cult would become like McCarthy from the 1950's still is today.

I was losing any faith that this was going to happen as Trump's term was winding down.

The reason McCarthy and now Trump have fallen from grace in the view point of most Americans is that these kind of people keep asking for more and more until one day, what is required is can't be gained.

It is Trump's inability to accept defeat that has not only ended Trump's presidency, but has lead to Trump possibly being guilty of treason as determined by a court of law. Democrats and some Republicans already knew he is guilty of treason!

Nancy is holding on to the Impeachment papers until the new senate takes office. Mitch is on board. Mitch legally could not begin the trial until Nancy sent the paperwork to his office.

Right now the Republicans hve 53 senators. They will only have 50 in the new Senate. This means getting 20 Republican senators to agree to conviction, but only 17 Republican senators in the new Senate.

Mitch is about as eager to see Trump gone as is Nancy!

Once Trump is out of office and can't give pardons, according to some posting here, we can expect some more people to be charged with sedition.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff have called this Jan 6 riot in the Capitol to be act of sedition. The rest of the US need to consider this as a major event.

If some Republican members of Congress were in fact "in on this," expect sedition charges to be filed shortly.

Once again, the US withstood an attack from within and it looks like once again America will win.

It is a good feeling to have my faith in America refreshed again!

Perhaps we needed this riot to get America's attention that the wolves had the keys to the chicken houses.

The biggest gift this failed coup is giving is that we may no be rid of Trump as a national political figure. I read that Trump's approval rating is now at 29 %. Twenty-nine % of Americans consider themselves to be Republicans.

Trump's average approval is the lowest of any recent president. I heard this on tonight's ABC news.

Trump may have gone as low as he can go for now. Perhaps his approval rating will begin to slowly decline until he is a non person in the US.

longstroke7

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The 22 year old woman who stole the Speaker's lap top needs to be thoroughly investigated, and if she indeed attempted to try to sell it to Russian intelligence, by God she should be charged with treason, strapped to the table and have a needle put on her arm.

It doesn't shock me that one of these clowns would do this. We will find out very soon just how deep the far right wing has been in bed with the GRU. They all need to face the maximum penalty

D

deleted15807

What to do about Fox "News"?

Trump couldn’t have incited sedition without the help of Fox News

...holding Trump to account is necessary, it is also insufficient. There is a whole infrastructure of incitement that will remain intact even after Trump leaves office. Just as we do with foreign terrorist groups, so with domestic terrorists: We need to shut down the influencers who radicalize people and set them on the path toward violence and sedition.

--

..while we should expect better behavior from media executives, we shouldn’t count on it. CNN (where I’m a global affairs analyst) notes that the United Kingdom doesn’t have its own version of Fox News, because it has a government regulator that metes out hefty fines to broadcasters that violate minimal standards of impartiality and accuracy. The United States hasn’t had that since the Federal Communications Commission stopped enforcing the “fairness” doctrine in the 1980s. As president, Biden needs to reinvigorate the FCC. Or else the terrorism we saw on Jan. 6 may be only the beginning, rather than the end, of the plot against America.

upload_2021-1-19_3-8-35.png

D

deleted15807

Slowly the pieces are coming together. Do we have to wonder after they made their "citizen's arrest" what would come next with the gallow out front?

Self-styled militia members planned on storming the U.S. Capitol days in advance of Jan. 6 attack, court documents say

Self-styled militia members from Virginia, Ohio and other states made plans to storm the U.S. Capitol days in advance of the Jan. 6 attack, communicating in real time as they breached the building on opposite sides and leading dozens in a hunt for lawmakers to make “citizen’s arrests,” according to new court documents filed Tuesday.

“You are executing citizen’s arrest. Arrest this assembly, we have probable cause for acts of treason, election fraud,” a man replied, according to communications recovered from her phone, the FBI alleged.

“We are in the main dome right now. We are rocking it. They are throwing grenades, they are fricking shooting people with paint balls. But we are in here,” a woman believed to be Watkins said, according to court documents.

A man then responds, “Get it, Jess,” adding, “This is ... everything we f------trained for!”

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Slowly the pieces are coming together. Do we have to wonder after they made their "citizen's arrest" what would come next with the gallow out front?

Self-styled militia members planned on storming the U.S. Capitol days in advance of Jan. 6 attack, court documents say

Self-styled militia members from Virginia, Ohio and other states made plans to storm the U.S. Capitol days in advance of the Jan. 6 attack, communicating in real time as they breached the building on opposite sides and leading dozens in a hunt for lawmakers to make “citizen’s arrests,” according to new court documents filed Tuesday.

“You are executing citizen’s arrest. Arrest this assembly, we have probable cause for acts of treason, election fraud,” a man replied, according to communications recovered from her phone, the FBI alleged.

“We are in the main dome right now. We are rocking it. They are throwing grenades, they are fricking shooting people with paint balls. But we are in here,” a woman believed to be Watkins said, according to court documents.

A man then responds, “Get it, Jess,” adding, “This is ... everything we f------trained for!”
When the FBI finishes their initial investigation, it appears that Trump would be content to only be convicted by the Senate and not face sedition charges himself.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
What to do about Fox "News"?

Trump couldn’t have incited sedition without the help of Fox News

...holding Trump to account is necessary, it is also insufficient. There is a whole infrastructure of incitement that will remain intact even after Trump leaves office. Just as we do with foreign terrorist groups, so with domestic terrorists: We need to shut down the influencers who radicalize people and set them on the path toward violence and sedition.

--

..while we should expect better behavior from media executives, we shouldn’t count on it. CNN (where I’m a global affairs analyst) notes that the United Kingdom doesn’t have its own version of Fox News, because it has a government regulator that metes out hefty fines to broadcasters that violate minimal standards of impartiality and accuracy. The United States hasn’t had that since the Federal Communications Commission stopped enforcing the “fairness” doctrine in the 1980s. As president, Biden needs to reinvigorate the FCC. Or else the terrorism we saw on Jan. 6 may be only the beginning, rather than the end, of the plot against America.

View attachment 28433791
"Biden needs to reinvigorate the FCC"

Yes. Biden needs to do this ASAP. This process needs to be in progress by weekend.

Nigel Atkinson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View