Intelligence & Sexual Desire

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't put a lot of weight on this study either - as we all know, all polls and scientific research can be misguided to present a particular view of a researcher. The assumption that increased testosterone increases sexual desire does not seem to be correct in my case too (I don't know if that's applicable to a woman too). I was diagnosed with elevated of testosterone, which according to this theory, should make me super horny. But I found that my libido had actually decreased. When my testosterone levels went back to normal, I found my sexual desires surging again.

Testosterone is responsible for sexual desire in women also and women who have elevated levels of testosterone have higher libidos than women with lower levels.

Testosterone is actually responsible for more kinds of desire than just sex. People who have a condition where they produce no testosterone experience no desire at all, not even for food or what they feel like watching on television. They have no motivation. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

You make an important distinction, and both are shown to be true in testosterone studies. Men who have more sex have higher testosterone levels. Men who are hornier also have higher testosterone levels. Since testosterone levels rise in men when they "feel like a winner" and having lots of sex makes just about every man on earth feel like a winner, you can't extrapolate that a man's high testosterone level is responsible for his sex drive, when the fact that he gets laid a lot might be the reason why his testosterone levels are so high.