Interacial couples (taboo ?)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and i constantly get staired at, i wish people would just grow up.
Not that we don`t like the attention but sometimes it`s the wrong kind if you know what i mean.
Sometimes i`ll have a new affiliate that treats me like a friend and when they find out i`m in an interacial relationship sadly that`s where the friendship ends.
Sometimes i`ll be working and someone or even the homeowner will say something like, those damn N*****s, that`s when it`s really hard for me to keep my cool. When i show them a picture of my wife they go, uh...uh....uh....., then their all apologetic. That`s when i just shake my head and bite my tongue, will the world ever grow up? I know it`s their ignorance but it`s so hard to not just stomp the shit out of `em.

lafever:cool:

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't worry about it you are just slightly ahead of human nature. I walk with a very cute Asian just plutonicaly going to lunch coworker and I notice the looks just walking down the street. Like they're shocked that someone could be attracted to someone outside of their race. It's really stupid...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's the South man, it's the way things are south of the Mason Dixon line. I find it funny that my wife and I are pillars of the community and she was afraid we would be ostracized for being an interracial couple with an interracial baby.

I love when life proves us wrong (or in my case right).

My advice? Get out of the South if you really want to live without stares.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and i constantly get staired at, i wish people would just grow up. Pffftt Good luck with that one dude.
Not that we don`t like the attention but sometimes it`s the wrong kind if you know what i mean. Yup :yup: Sometimes i`ll have a new affiliate that treats me like a friend and when they find out i`m in an interracial relationship sadly that`s where the friendship ends. I have had that happen with co-workers as well. I have learned not to mention it in professional environments. Cause really what does my love life have to do with work.
Sometimes i`ll be working and someone or even the homeowner will say something like, those damn N*****s, that`s when it`s really hard for me to keep my cool. In those instances I never showed a pic of my BF but I would calmly state I thought such talk was unacceptable and to not talk that way around me. When i show them a picture of my wife they go, uh...uh....uh....., then their all apologetic. That`s when i just shake my head and bite my tongue, will the world ever grow up? I know it`s their ignorance but it`s so hard to not just stomp the shit out of `em.

lafever:cool:
Get over it or get used to it. Those are our choices. Also, it is a fairly recent trend to see a white male with a black female. Usually it's a black male with a white female. I like to think part of the shock some people experience is in seeing the reverse of what they may have come to see as normal.

Well, you do live in Alabama. ;)
Good for you though, as long as people are happy who cares who they date?
That's what I was thinking. :rolleyes::tongue:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think people in the North are getting used to it much faster than in the South. That is not surprising, of course. There used to be a kind of stigma that everyone worried about how bi-racial babies would fit into either the black culture or the white culture. Also the worry was that they would not be attractive.

These days, I am starting to think that some of the most beautiful people are bi-racial and the celebrity status of some bi-racial people is bearing that out.

This will all pass by us in the next five generations or so, when the entire world population will be a nice golden hue from almost everyone being of mixed race, I think.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Babe, his wife is black.

OOPS Sorry..."

But, dont feel bad about folks staring at you.."
I get that here in Hawaii!! The land of ALL colors..." Hubby is Asian, I am Black :eek:..."
I get White MEN/Women Looking at us, Black Men..." Black women Sometimes." Asain Women AND Asian men..." I just keep walking.." They never seen a WOMAN and MAN together?

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You need to just blow it off. I'm white and I've dated black, brown, yellow and white. So the colors mix and people stare. As some said, you live in Alabama, so I'm sure there is more of a stigma. Go to other countries in Europe and South America and it's more about what religion you are, not your color. So there's discrimination about various things in different parts of the world. Hell, I'm gay and I get discrimination on various fronts. I just keep moving forward ... you should do so as well.