interacial relationship?

debeli

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
anyone into it?

i am in the middle of interacial and intercultural one, so far so good, but maybe this is because ppl don't take us seriously for now... i feel somewhat uncertain, afraid that everyday life would be difficult...

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I don't tolerate interracial relationships.

Just as I don't tolerate same race relationships. I would not even notice unless you pointed it out to me. Where I'm from (new jersey) everybody themselves are probably mixed in some way. If you're afraid of people judging you, move to another town. I'm suprised that something like this is still even remotely an issue, but I guess the world has not evolved enough yet.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
anyone into it?

i am in the middle of interacial and intercultural one, so far so good, but maybe this is because ppl don't take us seriously for now... i feel somewhat uncertain, afraid that everyday life would be difficult...

I can dig that. I don't hate peeps who are in interracial, hetero, homo, bi, open, closed, etc...

What matters to me is abuse and neglect. I don't like neither in relationships. If you are finding yourself in an abusing and/or neglectful relationship. You need to separate and move on.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know sometimes you might need to adjust your understanding of your partner if you are in interracial relationship.

QuiteOne

Sexy Member
Media
You know sometimes you might need to adjust your understanding of your partner if you are in interracial relationship.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I'm in a same-sex bi-national interracial relationship. From a physical and cultural perspective we are very different. With that said, those are the least significant aspects of our relationship.

Concentrate on what you love about your partner. Work together to build a loving and lasting relationship. Your skin color and ethnic/cultural background should have no bearing on things. And please don't worry about what other people think. This is YOUR life.... not theirs.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
anyone into it?
Into it? hahaha That's a funny way of putting it. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm in to it. :tongue: I'm not sure I understand your question. :confused:

Are you uncertain about the future of your relationship because you can't see yourself with the person long term? Or are you uncertain because you think you are too different culturally, ethnically, etc. When the deal goes down all that matters is how you two feel about each other. Would you rather be alone and make your family and friends happy. Or would you rather be with her and be happy just living life together and learning about each other as you go along.

]I don't tolerate interracial relationships
[/b]. WTF?!?
Just as I don't tolerate same race relationships. I would not even notice unless you pointed it out to me.
I find that difficult to believe.
Where I'm from (new jersey) everybody themselves are probably mixed in some way. If you're afraid of people judging you, move to another town. I'm suprised that something like this is still even remotely an issue, but I guess the world has not evolved enough yet.
I'm from NJ and have frequently dated white guys. It was never a big deal to us, we often got looks and negative comments from blacks and whites. As for moving, thats silly and naive. Prejudice is everywhere.

I agree, their upbringing and whats normal for them, may be completely different from whats normal in your family.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One must have a stronger back bone and the will and strength to indure a still not so friendly world. If the bond is strong enough and the devotion and love are there love trumps over everything.

cder

Sexy Member
Media
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. Only when you stop worrying about all the things you cannot control can you focus on just who you are and what you wanna be.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, I don't really think about relationships being "interracial" or "intercultural" I'm like what Kassokiller said...I just see people who like each other together. It doesn't matter to me the reason or nature of their relationship.

I like to see same races together just as much as people who aren't the same. Personally, I'd be more into an "interracial" relationship just because I like white guys.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honestly, I don't really think about relationships being "interracial" or "intercultural" I'm like what Kassokiller said...I just see people who like each other together. It doesn't matter to me the reason or nature of their relationship.

I like to see same races together just as much as people who aren't the same. Personally, I'd be more into an "interracial" relationship just because I like white guys.
Okay we can share, :wink: you get the gay white guys and I get the straight white guys. :cool:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
anyone into it?

makes no difference to me. I feel that if you rule out others of another race that you may lose out on friendship or even more with someone you might have overlooked. It's a personal choice and people should respect that even if they don't agree.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
makes no difference to me. I feel that if you rule out others of another race that you may lose out on friendship or even more with someone you might have overlooked. It's a personal choice and people should respect that even if they don't agree.

I agree. I'm not "into it" as in exclusively, but am definitely open to it. For me it really doesn't matter what race he is (unless you mean that he has to be human! :biggrin1:). Unfortunately, most of my family does not feel this way. I <sigh> come from a family of bigots. :frown1:

debeli

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'm in a same-sex bi-national interracial relationship. From a physical and cultural perspective we are very different. With that said, those are the least significant aspects of our relationship.

Concentrate on what you love about your partner. Work together to build a loving and lasting relationship. Your skin color and ethnic/cultural background should have no bearing on things. And please don't worry about what other people think. This is YOUR life.... not theirs.

You are a happy man...

But I don't agree with you completely.
Ethnical/cultural bg has some bearing on things, at least to one partner who moved outside his or her ethnical or culural group...
people are just not very open minded generally... even if they are, they give better chances to their own "kin", which can be tiresome after a while

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm currently in an interracial, inter-generational relationship. Not only is my current a caucasian, but he's also older than me by more than 2 decades. It just happens to be that way and we fully accept it. My true friends and family also accepts this so I could care less if someone has a problem with me being in a mixed relationship.

Sometimes you don't choose who you fall in love with. It just happens. The smart will learn to eventually go with their hearts instead of the voices and actions of the miserable who don't have any love at all. The rest will crumble under the bigoted, social pressure who worry more about what they want to see and may never experience what a true loving relationship consists of.

debeli

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Into it? hahaha That's a funny way of putting it. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm in to it. :tongue: I'm not sure I understand your question. :confused:

yes, english is not my primary language... or is it my male subconscious speaking out? :wink:

Are you uncertain about the future of your relationship because you can't see yourself with the person long term? Or are you uncertain because you think you are too different culturally, ethnically, etc. When the deal goes down all that matters is how you two feel about each other. Would you rather be alone and make your family and friends happy. Or would you rather be with her and be happy just living life together and learning about each other as you go along.

last one :)
my family and friends are happy, at least they seem to be...

we are _very_ different in culture

but i'm scared and concerned because if i want to be here with my girl i must get her resident permit which implies marriage... no "money back" :)
ofcourse other solution is to move out of the country and start a new life, what is also ok somehow, but i need a year or two to sort things some things at home in any case...
Another issue is that birocratic machine is very slow and unefficient here, and my little friend holds a passport of a country that they wouldn't swallow very easy
I'm just stating those things so you can get a picture why I have to make a yes or no decision, I don't expect comments

Another concern are our future offsprings, it will be easy for them to take a wrong step if they feel different...

debeli

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm currently in an interracial, inter-generational relationship. Not only is my current a caucasian, but he's also older than me by more than 2 decades. It just happens to be that way and we fully accept it. My true friends and family also accepts this so I could care less if someone has a problem with me being in a mixed relationship.

Sometimes you don't choose who you fall in love with. It just happens. The smart will learn to eventually go with their hearts instead of the voices and actions of the miserable who don't have any love at all. The rest will crumble under the bigoted, social pressure who worry more about what they want to see and may never experience what a true loving relationship consists of.

Nicely put, it reminds me of a still common thing here, that people marry for money or property as a way to seek hapiness..

debeli

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One must have a stronger back bone and the will and strength to indure a still not so friendly world. If the bond is strong enough and the devotion and love are there love trumps over everything.

I will remember that, Mr. Snakey