Interesting Article - Chemicals causing hormone Imbalance?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

average7inch

Just Browsing
Media
The bottled water claim has been debunked.

While BPA does leach into water (only in hard-plastic containers like the polycarbonate Brita pitchers, many plastic food jars, or the 5 gallon cooler bottles, not the soft PET bottles) over a long period of time, the dose is negligible.

To reach the EPA's allowed safe dose of BPA, a child would have to drink something like 570 liters (150 gallons) a day, and an adult would have to drink 4,140 liters (1,094 gallons) a day. While that amount of BPA won't cause any harm, the amount of water involved will kill you.

On the PET side (soft-plastic .5 liter, 1.0 liter and similar), there are claims that suggest heat, such as storage in a car, will release dioxin. The trouble is, the conditions required for dioxin release involve combustion at temperatures above 700 degrees F, so both the bottle and the car it's stored in will be rendered unusable before any dioxin is released.

average7inch

Just Browsing
Media
While it hasn't been linked to feminization, if you want to look at a real mess, look up the issues related to MSG.

MSG has no nutritional value or unique preservative effects, yet it is present in an ever-increasing number of prepared foods as a flavor enhancer. While its presence may be disclosed in mice-type on packaged foods, it is frequently used in (catering, event, restaurant) food-service without disclosure.

MSG intolerance can range from mild hyperactivity to respiratory shutdown. In many cases where a person believed they were having a severe allergic reaction to peanuts, they were actually reacting to the MSG seasoning on the peanuts.

So, there's no dispute that chemicals are causing problems, just a desire for accuracy about which ones.

average7inch

Just Browsing
Media
MSG - take your pick of 395,000 links to MSG side effects on Google. Just type MSG into Google and the top query comes up as MSG Side Effects. If you're keystroke challenged, heres a link to the first one:

MSG Side Effects - Beware of MSG In Food You Eat

As for the MSG hyperactivity, I get more wired off of a snack pack of Gardettos than from three cans of Red Bull, so I've verified that one personally.

Plastic, BPA - Again, thousands of links on Google, but this one is short, sweet and in layman's terms:

Are plastic water bottles safe?

Plastic, PET - Same story:

Are plastic bottles safe if exposed to heat?

Yeah, I know, Nestle is an eeevil multinational corporation, but if that bothers you, pick another of the thousands of Google links.

duckerjo555

Just Browsing
Media
MSG - take your pick of 395,000 links to MSG side effects on Google. Just type MSG into Google and the top query comes up as MSG Side Effects. If you're keystroke challenged, heres a link to the first one:

MSG Side Effects - Beware of MSG In Food You Eat

As for the MSG hyperactivity, I get more wired off of a snack pack of Gardettos than from three cans of Red Bull, so I've verified that one personally.

Plastic, BPA - Again, thousands of links on Google, but this one is short, sweet and in layman's terms:

Are plastic water bottles safe?

Plastic, PET - Same story:

Are plastic bottles safe if exposed to heat?

Yeah, I know, Nestle is an eeevil multinational corporation, but if that bothers you, pick another of the thousands of Google links.

Eh, I don't even feel like humoring you, but I can tell you that BPA is far from fucking "safe". It has been proven through extensive research to have ill effects on the human endocrine, neurological, and reproductive system. It's the reason some countries have banned BPA. I take it you don't understand the way greedy corporations, bribed scientists, and junk science work in synergy.

average7inch

Just Browsing
Media
Eh, I don't even feel like humoring you, but I can tell you that BPA is far from fucking "safe". It has been proven through extensive research to have ill effects on the human endocrine, neurological, and reproductive system. It's the reason some countries have banned BPA. I take it you don't understand the way greedy corporations, bribed scientists, and junk science work in synergy.

I take it you don't understand the concept of dosage?

I never said or implied that BPA in unlimited doses was "fucking safe," just that the dosage from normal use of bottled water was insignificant according to the US EPA. Have a complaint with that? Go bother the EPA.

Some countries allow forced female genital mutilation, should we follow their example on that too?

As for greedy corporations, sure, I'd bet that the whole anti-BPA PR campaign was indirectly financed by a plastics manufacturer whose polycarbonate patents are about to expire, ahead of those of their competitors (Hey, we've made our money off polycabonate, screw everybody else, let's get our competitor's product banned and create an instant market for our new product.) It's called rent-seeking, it's been around for a few thousand years.

With enough money, you can buy any research results and any laws you want, for OR against on any and all topics.