Interesting article from PubMed

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Ben_Gay, Nov 19, 2008.

1. D_Ben_Gay

D_Ben_Gay New Member

2. Principessa

Gold Member

The relation between sexual orientation and penile size.
    The relation between sexual orientation and penile dimensions in a large sample of men was studied. Subjects were 5122 men interviewed by the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction from 1938 to 1963. They were dichotomously classified as either homosexual (n = 935) or heterosexual (n = 4187). Penile dimensions were assessed using five measures of penile length and circumference from Kinsey's original protocol.
    Isn't it possible gay men are big liars? :cool:
    Explanations for these differences are discussed, including the possibility that these findings provide additional evidence that variations in prenatal hormonal levels (or other biological mechanisms affecting reproductive structures) affect sexual orientation development.
    That was then, this is now. :rolleyes: From my first week here when people touted the Kinsey Report as the gold standard of sex, sexuality, and penis information, I thought it odd; because it is so old and out of date.

Do we really need to go into the differences in the overall, average size of the American male since 1963, let alone 1938.:tongue:

3. D_Ben_Gay

D_Ben_Gay New Member

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

The test was preformed by people, no one reported the size themselves, so it's sound to say that indeed gay men are bigger. In my personal experience my gay friends have been bigger than my hetero friends and fuck buddies.

5. opooo

opooo New Member

You guys are basing this on Kinsey? No... For starters, watch the movie. Then you'll realize that his publication is inaccurate because of sample selection bias.

6. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

The study does address the possibility that gay men could be more likely to lie about their size and determines that they are not more likely. But.... they give no sound argument as to how they determined this! Intuitively, I am confident that gay men would be more likely to lie. There are far more gay "size queen" men than there are hetero female "size queens." Hell, the term, "size queen" itself originated in the gay community and was appropriated later by mainstream society. Gays certainly have more incentive to exaggerate.

Personally, I have had far more gay men comment on my size, check out my bulge etc, than I have women.

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Other articles I've read also report gays have longer fingers, bigger thumbs, larger big toes, and bigger finger ridges (what's a finger ridge?)

8. Corius

Corius New Member

All I can say is that the information, even if correct, is of little practical use. I prefer to credit those who claim a kind of gaydar by which gays can find each other. In summary, I have one Question; SO WHAT?

9. opooo

opooo New Member

no...

kinsey's publication suffered from sample bias. in order to get an accurate representation of the general population, the researcher must survey people randomly to prevent sampling bias. in 1938-1963, people did not openly talk about sexuality or the size of their genitals. it was considered to be taboo at the time. only asking male volunteers does not give an accurate representation of the general population.

i guess the best way to sum up is a quote by John Tukey - "A random selection of three people would have been better than a group of 300 chosen by Mr. Kinsey."

10. erratic

Gold Member

Oh man is the Kinsey issue ever worn out. There is no reliable measure of sexuality. There cannot be because the orientation dichotomy as we describe it is a social construction and not a description of natural categories (or, as is more likely, dimensions). Give it a rest already.

I remember reading about this when the data were first published.

Maybe guys with bigger cocks are more willing to label them selves as homosexual since their self esteem is so much higher. :rolleyes:

11. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Maybe gay men were more familiar with the size of dicks and felt more secure in claiming they were larger...

or...gay men are size queens, and wishful thinkers.

Draft saved Draft deleted