Interesting 'measure up' page..

.. so how do some of you other guys here compare to the 'Grecian ideal'?

Ideal Body Measurement Calculator

According to that, I need a bigger chest and bigger thighs - well, I'm trying my best with 3 visits a week too the gym!

G:cool:

LongRod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Industrial, according to your photo your legs and butt are just right. The calculator is is not tabulating correctly. I measured my wrist precisely and my waste is so far off that it would take surgery to get my waist to the ideal size according to that calculator. My waist has not been 32 inches since I was 15 years old.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
I remember learning the ideal male Greek form was an equal measurement in the neck, flexed biceps, and calves. Ive worked years to bring my biceps and calves up to par and finally have acheived it -- about 15.5" each one.

Im pretty skeptical about the formula on this link (which is more Victorian than Greek)-- mainly because, if your wrists happen to be slim (like mine), it throws off all the other measurements....(in other words, I'm "too big" in virtually every other dimension, except forearms).

In any case, there really is no "eternal" perfect shape. "Ideal" proportions shift over time, in clothes as in naked body type -- even our notions of the "ideal Greek" form!

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
According to those proportions my chest is 1" to big, my waist 1" too small. Hips 2" too big (don't hate on bubble butts), biceps were 1/2" too small, forearm was accurate. My thighs were 3" too big...I blame running- I don't even lift them half as heavily as the rest of my body. My calfs and neck are on the spot. Not too shabby, but MY ideal is a little less "curvey" as the site described and more of a ripped look.