Interesting Poll - Str8/Gay/Bi?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Imported, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: I thought this was so obvious that it got overlooked. Kinda ironic how it is one of the parts of our profile,yet nobody ever decided to see the percentage of gays, bis and straights on this site.

I know alot of people don't like being "titled" and I agree. But, this is the simplest way to phrase the question, so take it for what you will. Sexuality, sexual preferance, whatever. But I think it would be interesting to see how prodominant one sexual preferance is over another. Let the voting begin....

And any other comments are always welcomed...

EDIT: My retarded spelling of "predominantely" is supposed to be "prodomenently" or somewhere along those lines

2. D_that's a tall order

D_that's a tall order Account Disabled

I appreciate your using the term "predominantly", since 100% is sometimes a tough thing to determine.

Great poll.

3. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

There does not seem to be a need for this poll since everyone lists their orientation in their profile. But seeing some raw numbers might be interesting. :)

The one thing I am curious about though are the 90/10 99/1 hetero types here. Just wonder where the minority 1 or 10 pct comes from. My guesses...

1) Had a same sex experience once. Didn't much care for it but whatever.

2) I like looking at same sex organs, but thats it.

3) I like the opposite sex but would do a b/g couple.

4) Thought about it. Slightly curious, but probably won't follow through.

5) JOd with my friends in high school. It was fun, but am not looking to repeat it.

No jabs at all are meant by this, am just curious whats in your mind. :)
    I listed 90/10 in my profile at one time, because I would likely hook up with a couple given the right circumstances. But after thinking that my attention would be almost totally on the guy, I switched it back to 100.

4. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: Lookie here, it seems like "gays" are "winning" LOL...

Anybody like the new avatar ^_^ ?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

5. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    heh, it is an interesting avatar there Chris.

dc: I truly do not believe someone can be a full 100% of anything. If they say they are, it is very likely that some feelings are being repressed. In truth, I am not even sure where my percentages should be. Right now, I&#39;m at a 99/1 mark because a lot of ppl at the 90/10 mark go much further with the same-sex than I ever would. I consider myself an open person to which some ppl that I have talked to can attest, but I probably wouldn&#39;t go anything beyond a group JO (which I&#39;ve never even done anyway). In some ways it would be nice to have a general consensus on the site to what each percentage means, but I can also understand how it is nice to have a gray area involved in the percentages since people are more comfortable that way.

6. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I can&#39;t go along with you there. I have never had any sexual attraction for a woman nor ever had any desire to have sex with a woman. I am not repressing anything. Heterosexual urges are just not part of my psyche.

7. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can&#39;t go along with you there. I have never had any sexual attraction for a woman nor ever had any desire to have sex with a woman. I am not repressing anything. Heterosexual urges are just not part of my psyche.
    [post=288582]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Thanks for saying this DMW. I&#39;m sorry that I wasn&#39;t clear in my post that my beliefs are my own and I don&#39;t intend to force them on others in any way. You&#39;ve also indirectly pointed out me that my comments came from a thinking based on one end of the spectrum...something I&#39;m still trying to work on. (Hadn&#39;t even noticed I was only thinking about people being 100% straight)

8. Knight

Knight New Member

I&#39;m 100% (predominantly) heteroSEXUAL. While I admire some men for their achievements, physiques or presence in some cases, its not sexual. Again not repressing anything. Also just wondering, I find most women hot would that be the same for gay guys? I mean I know people have types and I go for some (girls with (dyed) black hair etc) but still, when it comes down to it most women I wouldnt mind having sex with. Or maybe its just me hehe.

9. jonb

Gold Member

Predominantly heterosexual. I&#39;ve fooled around with guys before, and I can appreciate the male form, but I&#39;m primarily attracted to women.

10. oldbodybuilder2004

oldbodybuilder2004 New Member

Hey guys&#33; I am a strange bird I guess. I am 73 years old and have never had sex with a man. I did have sex during my 10 year marriage from 1973 to 83. But have never had sex since. My only relief is using my hand in an up - down motion. D o I need to make myself clearer.

11. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Actually I think it has been polled before, it&#39;s just been awhile. Presumably the percentages this poll reveals will inspire someone to guess all sorts of things from it. This is very much a self-selected group here, so I don&#39;t know what will be gained there.

I think MOST people aren&#39;t 100% of one or another at a given time. I went through a couple of curious stages, but at this point I&#39;m not sexually interested in men. People can only vouch for what they feel at the present. There are people on this site that say they were 100% straight at one time and now are the opposite. Others say they&#39;ve been 100% one or the other from the beginning. I have no reason to doubt any of them.

I suppose it&#39;s possible that a man could sweep me off my feet and make me reconsider that, but that would be like saying that someone might knock on my door and give me a Ferrari. Physically possible, but nothing in my experience tells me it will ever happen. (BTW, I dare any rich person to give me a Ferrari just to prove me wrong&#33; :p )

12. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: Well I didn&#39;t much expect anything necessarily USEFUL out of the poll, it just sparked my interest. I&#39;m not doing a scientific study or anything, but I keep seeing people with percentages in their profiles, so I thought, what the hell, why not see how many of which sexual orientation regular this site.

And, I checked through the pages of categories and this poll is nowhere to be found. Perhaps it WAS done before, but if it was deleted or is not reachable, it gives enough a reason to start a new one.

And I doubt anyone will make guesses. What is there to guess, really? In fact, I was guessing beforehand as to how many of which orientation are on the site, so if anything this would be answering questions.

13. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

thanks for the honest response. was just looking at how guys felt on the other side of the fence so to speak. :) makes sense alt.

14. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

Do we find most men hot, or how do we feel about women? No, I don&#39;t find *most* guys hot. Just some. It depends on the situation though. At a wrestling match, most of the guys ARE hot. :)

There are women I recognize as being very attractive. But for me, its like looking at mountain scenery or a sunset at the beach. Great to look at, I can appreciate it for its beauty, but thats it.

I think Cindy Crawford is the most beautiful woman out there today. I like her looks and personality. Plus, she did a really sexy photo shoot with the Brewer Twins a few years back. Grrrrrrrrrr.

15. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    [post=288582]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I concur with DMW, but from the hetero side. I have no sexual attraction or desire for men in any way. I&#39;m not repressing anything, I really, really looooove women&#33; Yes, you can be 100% homo/hetero. We may not be common on this web site, but I believe it is very common in the general population.

For those that say you cannot be 100% (either way), you are talking about your own feelings. What you feel is what you feel. You have no idea what I feel and cannot speak for me.

100% straight
    LapDog :p

p.s. I didn&#39;t vote since there is no option for those of us who are heterosexual or homosexual.

16. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: Sorry lapdog, I should have put that in.

When I meant prodomenently I mean like more or less straight, including 100%

Just check off which one suits you best (and we will all understand what you mean)

The options can&#39;t be changed but I mean Prodomenantly or fully straight/gay

17. viking

viking New Member

Albums:
    I&#39;ll chime in here and say that my stats read 90% - 10% because
    that&#39;s about how it goes with me.

90% of the time, I have sex with women.
    10% of the time it&#39;s with men.

Now, I&#39;m not sure if that makes me anything except honest.

:evilgrin:

18. Imported

Gold Member

RunnerSF: Everyone is different. Myself personally, I find most guys hot..I&#39;m just easy to please in that respect. I&#39;ve never really had a type...brains and personality are about 80% of what attracts me to a guy. My hubby is really picky with who he likes...men or women.

Do we find most men hot, or how do we feel about women? No, I don&#39;t find *most* guys hot. Just some. It depends on the situation though. At a wrestling match, most of the guys ARE hot. :)

[post=288862]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Draft saved Draft deleted