Interesting Quote about Condom Usage, Thoughts anyone?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A friend of mine said something the other day that's sorta stuck with me. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, but it's something to get you thinking. So what's your opinion of the following statement?

If you and the guy you're in bed with have to use a condom to fuck, then you shouldn't be fucking.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A friend of mine said something the other day that's sorta stuck with me. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, but it's something to get you thinking. So what's your opinion of the following statement?

If you and the guy you're in bed with have to use a condom to fuck, then you shouldn't be fucking.

No offense, but I think your friend is an idiot.

If you are afraid to bring out the condoms or ask him his HIV status then you shouldn't be fucking. :cool:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah sounds like your friend is a bit on the daft side, if you're in an exclusive long term relationship you shouldn't need a condom, hopefully you're both honest and know you're free from any disease, but unless you're prepared to meet someone then wait a year or so before sleeping with them of course you need a condom, you don't start out a relationship totally trusting.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are afraid to ... ask him his HIV status then you shouldn't be fucking. :cool:
1. Like he's guaranteed to tell the truth about his status....
2. Like he's guaranteed to know....
3. Like he's guaranteed to be right up to date (if he's in the habit of having unprotected sex) ...

Give the Snoz a prize!

Even when you've been in a relationship, however long, even if you were both tested, you're trusting your partner with your life. When the condoms come off you're getting far more intimate than you were before. You have to trust that your partner is completely faithful and will tell you if he's not. That's an enormous trust to place in someone. Save it for when you believe in the deepest corner of your soul that that man you're barebacking is telling you the truth. That's how much you have to love and trust him.

If you don't. Use condoms.

1. Like he's guaranteed to tell the truth about his status....
2. Like he's guaranteed to know....
3. Like he's guaranteed to be right up to date (if he's in the habit of having unprotected sex) ...

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
You have to trust that your partner is completely faithful and will tell you if he's not. That's an enormous trust to place in someone. Save it for when you believe in the deepest corner of your soul that that man you're barebacking is telling you the truth. That's how much you have to love and trust him.

You have a way with words, young man, and they reach my core almost everytime.

As you were. :smile:

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are people who, when when asked a question, will answer to you:

"If I have to explain it, then you couldn't possibly understand it."

They are usually jerks who think they are part of some elite group, of which you are not welcome as a member. They are also often completely wrong in their own understanding of whatever you asked about.

The quote concerning comdom use falls into the same category as the answer above.

There are two classes of people who might falsely believe in the condom quote:

1) Those who are already HIV positive, believe there is no further risk to anyone because they have sex only with other HIV positive people.

This is false thinking, although many, many people do it. A friend of mine believed this. He was poz for years, but quite healthy. He had unprotected sex with other poz people. One day, he gets "superinfected," that is, gets infected with a second, different strain of HIV than the one he was so sucessfully combatting. With in a matter of months, his health changed entirely. His focus on life changed from "I'm going to live a long time and do great things" to "Go away and leave me alone while I die."

2) Those who are so naive to think that someone they do not know particularly well is telling the whole truth about their health and sexual history, or even knowns all the correct information.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are several different ways his silly aphorism could be interpreted. What does he really mean when he says that? That no one should ever, under any circumstances, have sex outside of a committed, exclusive relationship? Or that if you really want to have sex with a particular person, you should disregard your own personal safety? Not everyone is as fortunate as he is; not everyone finds their one true love, and marries when they are both virgins, and never has another sexual partner in their lives. The real world just does not work that way.