Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love useless knowledge and facts. This idea is simple, just share a random piece of information that interests you or is little known.

I'll start, the Quahog clam is the longest living animal, with a maximum age of up to 200 years old.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The capital of Turkmenistan, Asgabat, has a monument called the "Neutrality Arch" which celebrates the country's neutrality. Purched on top of it is a giant gold statue of the president who put it there, which rotates 360 degrees to allways face the sun.

That's a great little tidbit I have.
And if you don't believe me: Neutrality Arch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Uranus is the only planet that rotates on its side.
hehehehe
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Polar bears are all left-handed. And, another interesting fact about polar bears is that their livers are extremely poisonous because they contain too much vitamin C.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Inhabitants of tropical regions that incorporate chili peppers as a staple in their diet never suffer from gastrointestinal parasites or bacterial ulcers.

My favorite cuisines there! Love it hot and spicy! Particular favorites of mine are Indian, Ethiopian, Mexican (lots of Mexican food where I live now - love that), Thai, etc. I also love Greek, Middle Eastern and Japanese food.

This is another thread begging to be started. Stay tuned.

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
Jim Morrison named "The Doors" after the title of Aldous Huxley's book "The Doors of Perception", which is about the use of hallucinogenic drugs

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The capital city of Greenland, Nuuk, is the northernmost and least populated capital city in the world.

Most people (including a great many Icelanders) claim Reykjavik is, probably on the ground that being bigger parts of it are more northely than Nuuk.

It's certainly close, and the winner depends on the source:

Nuuk = 64°10'48"N
Reykjavik = 64°08'24"N

It's certainly close!!

But Greenland is strictly part of Denmark so as contender most northerly national capital it loses on a technicality.

I've not been to Nuuk but Reykjavik is great.:smile:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe, that the highest national football stadium in the world is in Ladakh.

I can't be sure, but that's what they told me....I have a photo somewhere....:smile:

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
The bark of a redwood tree is fireproof. Fires that occur in a redwood forest take place inside the trees.

damnit. I keep thinking of stuff....