Intermittent fasting

P

PartWolf

Curious if any one has tried or is currently doing intermittent fasting. If so did/do you find that got results. Any feedback would be welcomed.

Thx

achillesx

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have some experience with IF and here were my findings;

I stayed lean. (I tend to stay lean otherwise though)
I missed eating breakfast.
Could get pretty hungry.
Sometimes had low sleep quality since was eating a lot in a limited window later in the day.

For me if fasting for insulin sensitivity reasons, I'd prefer a 24 hour fast 1x a week, over IF multiple days.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've done it several time. Personally I like IF training and cardio. I know most people say not to do both fasted but I know my body very well and know if I've gone too far. I use fat burners fasting also which you are not supposed to do on an empty stomach but there again I know what my body will handle, I am not recommending that though for everybody. I usually do 12-16 hour fasting but might do a 24 hour one soon.

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I do it Lo g with the epigenetic diet. Will start the day with me keto coffee at 5:00 AM, and have dinner around 8:pM. I also have to watch at dinner not to over eat. Using the diet with fasting I have been able to lose over 50 pounds.

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I do it Lo g with the epigenetic diet. Will start the day with me keto coffee at 5:00 AM, and have dinner around 8:pM. I also have to watch at dinner not to over eat. Using the diet with fasting I have been able to lose over 50 pounds.
spell check kills me. That is ketogentic diet.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've done it several time. Personally I like IF training and cardio. I know most people say not to do both fasted but I know my body very well and know if I've gone too far. I use fat burners fasting also which you are not supposed to do on an empty stomach but there again I know what my body will handle, I am not recommending that though for everybody. I usually do 12-16 hour fasting but might do a 24 hour one soon.

Wait a minute, weren't you the one complaining that it's impossible to bulk?
Why are you fasting and taking fat burners? o_O

I'm trying to bulk, I'm wanting to get to 170 pounds then might go up from there if I don't like my progress. I've been trying to bulk the last 2 and a half years although I'm still the same weight as 2 years ago.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wait a minute, weren't you the one complaining that it's impossible to bulk?
Why are you fasting and taking fat burners? o_O
Yes, it is. I fast and take fat burners once a year for about a month. A year of trying to bulk ends up with only putting on fat. Get over it.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is nothing magical about fasting compared to just eating regularly. The reason why it works for a lot of people though comes down to the fact that you are limiting the amount of time that you can eat during the day, which makes it more difficult to overeat for obvious reasons.

The human species has survived because it has needed to deal with less, not more. I think you will find most species of life exist longer because at times of there not being enough, we need to conserve what we have.

I spose you have to think of the origins of fasting. It may have come from times when there was not plenty.

I don't think we in recent times have really found, on a world wide scale, what having less is all about.

Ask the other 2 thirds of the world what it is like.................oh, hang on, they can't afford the internet connection.

Or regular food on the table. Missed that bit.

Eat brekky. Don't eat anything else, just fluid. Drive past a KFC. Nooooo, drive past...........:)

Fasting is a word 1st world word people use to describe going without food for 1 day or due for a blood test.

Some people don't have to eat what they put on hooks as bait.

D

deleted1030587

Over the last year I cut out eating between meals, drinking something with no calories instead when feeling peckish. This is initially painful. I do occasionally dream of Cadbury's Snacks, though. And Twix's. And...

D

deleted963073

I'm a recent fan. I have done the bodybuilding thing and 5-6 meals a day for years. I think IF works best for people who do not have a regular schedule. Both eating styles can lead to great results. Find what works best for you. It's a process.

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't care to try this personally. I only eat plant based foods and intermediate fasting would not be good for me. I eat enough...I mean just enough to sustain my health and wellness. More power to those who make it work.

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am on a program that includes intermittent fasting and have had great success. I lost over 100 pounds in about a year and have kept it off. I love the way I feel at the end of the fast, my mind clarity is amazing. I can now understand why monks fast to clear their minds.

depends on how well your blood sugar is regulated. With the stress of everyday life, most people are hyper cortisol which leads to unstable blood sugar so fasting can not be great for many people.