International Age of Consents

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_mitchymo, May 19, 2009.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I found this interesting Age of consent

I love learning about international facts and figures comparisons.

In this case i was not at all surprised that gay sex is illegal in the middle east (except for Israel and Jordan) and for most of north and east africa.

I wonder if there could ever be a universal age amongst nations.

My eyes practically popped their sockets when i saw Spain's.....13 regardless of orientation....it seems sooooo young, can anyone verify this is true (could not find date of information on site).

I always thought that 18 is a good age but 16 makes sense as it marks the mid-teens, any thoughts?

2. DGirl

Gold Member

So, that 25 year old female that took my hubbys virginity when he was just 17 in VA could have went to jail? :eek:

3. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

She could have gone there, too!

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have always found this an interesting topic particularly how it varies from different countries. I grew up in California... I guess I have not been the law abiding citizen that I have always thought I was!

5. maxsuper

maxsuper New Member

Albums:
    i'm italian, and in italy 14yo is age of consent, but, only among minors ... an adult can not do sex with a minor between the two if there are more than three years difference ... ok 15-18, 16-19 ok 17-20 ok no 14-18

6. avi8tor

avi8tor Member

Albums:
    I find the whole idea a little silly. At 15 years and 364 days u cant fuck, and the next day u can? I kinda think it vaires from person to person. I know some 21yo's that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

The United States is confusing enough, seeing as how all states get to decide their own laws about that. I live in Kansas City, which is on the border between Kansas and Missouri, and each state has a different age. Makes it nice and confusing. If two 16 year olds get together from opposite sides of the state line, what happens?

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Depends where they do it, I guess.

And yes, Mitch - the various pages I've looked at confirms the Spanish AoC is 13 - but if an adult coerces or forces a 13, 14 or 15 yo into sexual acts there are ways of prosecuting him or her (the adult, I mean).

I always thought Ireland's AoC was 16 - but it appears to be 17. There is no comment of it have changed recently. I guess I had it wrong.

9. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

age is the last factor to consider in reproducton, judging from my last visit to Wal mart. it was fucking mutant day again!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted