international war crimes court in The Hague issues arrest warrant for Ghadaffi /son

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Jun 27, 2011.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

OK, all you isolationists, all you Obama haters and the rest of you who think we should just ignore Libya and it will just go away. The international court of justice in the Hague , Netherlands has issued an arrrest warrant for Moammar Ghadaffi, his son and the intelligence chief of Libya.
    BUT WE DONT WANT THAT TO GET IN THE WAY OF LIBYAN OIL GETTING TO THE US, NOW DO WE?
    THAT MIGHT BE INCONVENIENT. OH, MY, WE CANT HAVE THAT!
    not to worry! Obama has opened the strategic national defense oil reserves for US domestic civllian consumption, and the gas prices are dropping fast. where i live we have gone from $4.27 the day before Osama was killed to $3.69 today.
    kinda takes the wind out of the nonsensical idea that we just need to drill, baby, drill. we dont hear the GOP singing that refrain much these days, do we?
    the price of oil is all too dependent on the oil commodity market speculators and their coconspirators in the oil industry.
    As for Khaddafi, i would add that yes, gentle readers of this thread, it IS our business what happens to him. he needs to stand trial for his murder of hundreds of Americans and Brits over Lockerbie , Scotland on a British airways jet in 1983.
    I am proud that Obama intervened. the house of representatives, now run by the oil lobby and the orange Boner, can go straight to hell.:eek:

2. Attila the Hung

Attila the Hung Active Member

Albums:
    I hope The Hague also issues arrest warrants for the leaders of the rebels and the rebels themselves, if they want Gaddafi`s head in the name of war crimes, then they ought to have a look at the videos below first:

Obama's Libya
    (WARNING!! THE CLIPS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK ARE EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, I REPEAT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Here is some more food for thought as well:

Libyagate: The war is a UN approved SS assassination and coup attempt – clothcap - My Telegraph

Yeah, them rebels are a real bunch of virtuous freedom fighters and exactly the kind of folks you would want in power instead of Gaddafi. I for one sincerely hope that Gaddafi manages to hold on to power and that he slaughters every NATO and rebel troop in his country, this whole intervention in Libya is a fucking disgrace, absolutely disgusting.

3. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

Didn't they also issue warrants for members of the Bush/Cheney Regime, including Bush and Cheney themselves? Aren't we harboring wanted criminals?

4. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

The jet that exploded over Lockerbie was not a British Airways jet. It was a Pan Am jet. Pan Am was a U.S. carrier.

5. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    So what? We murder more civilians as a nation than he ever could. This in no way justifies the war. We are broke, end all the wars and slash defense spending.

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Obama is arguably in violation of U.S. law, but Congress doesn't have the balls to cut off funding for actions in Libya. The system is morally and economically bankrupt- and I don't see a way to fix it short of some kind of catastrophe wiping the slate clean.

7. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

War crimes tribunals are a joke. They are completely partial & used as a political validation & propaganda in order to justify increased attacks.

NB Nato's increased Serbia bombings in 1999, & Clinton's comment "This indictment confirms that our war is just", from this fascinating analysis of the Balkan conflict.

Read it, & substitute Libya & Gadaffi where applicable. We have a blueprint for disinformation when we intervene.

Diana Johnstone on the Balkan Wars :: Monthly Review

As for Lockerbie - the Libyan's paid about $10M a head, eventually, to the victims, probably just to get off the terror list - as later admitted by their PM. The only witness, who wasn't even sure of what the bomber looked like, was paid $2M by the US to testify.

Compare that with the short hop Iranian passenger airline shot down by the US navy earlier that year, where more people were killed.

The compensation there was only $200K/head, or 2% of the Pan-Am victims, with no admission of fault or apology by the US.

Obviously, again, there have been no Western indictments over Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere else. If you write the laws, & produce & control the judges, you've got it made.

Expect more "humanitarian" bombing, more propaganda, & more "retired" & current miltary observers helping the heroic rebels against the "evil" man who was our friend 4 months ago.

#7 B_crackoff, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  8. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Oi
    People forget quickly that we support dictators until it no longer suits us.

9. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Yikes, the following, & the continual bombardment suggest that UN Resolution - as are all laws when you write them - pieces of paper to stuff down your enemies throats, whilst giving yourself carte blanche!

Special forces from Britain, France, Jordan and Qatar -- on the ground in Libya -- stepped up operations in Tripoli and other cities. But a senior opposition official said a large portion of the southern half of the capital remained dangerous.

Rebels believe they have surrounded Gadhafi near compound - CNN.com

Who thinks that any of the alliance leaders will go before a tribunal!

http://compliancecampaign.wordpress...n-libya-violations-of-resolution-1973-abound/

#9 B_crackoff, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  10. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    Nuke their ass! Take their gas!

11. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, that about sums it up, doesn't it?

12. dude_007

Gold Member

This is your rebuttal?

Haha, j/k. Not trying to throw mud. I, for one, have not forgotten that UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL. Why has the Tea Party consciousness forgotten this important piece of Americana?

Draft saved Draft deleted