Internet Browsers

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ever since Chrome premiered, I've been flip-flopping between it and IE. For the past several weeks I've been using Chrome. Initially I didn't like how barebones Chrome is, but after using it for a bit, I found that it does everything I need/want it to do, and without all the extra crap it seems faster and more stable.

I tried both Firefox and Opera a couple of years ago, but didn't care for them. The other day I decided to give both another try. I like the look of Opera, but I'm finding that a lot of pages don't display correctly.

I'm currently using Firefox, and so far so good, but I wish it had a simple, unobtrusive replacement for the menu bar like the Wrench icon in Chrome, the menu button in Opera, or even the Page, Safety, and Tools buttons in IE.

To those of you who have used multiple browsers, which one do you like best and why? I know that there are a lot of IE haters out there, and a lot of Firefox fans (with considerable overlap between the two groups), so I ask you to minimize the comments on why IE sucks and why Firefox is great, and to focus on some more useful comparisons between browsers that is inclusive of Opera and Chrome. Thanks.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In terms of safety Firefox is the best. I have it set too block reported attack sites. It does the job. Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

D_Harry Erik Shun

Sexy Member
Media
I have been using Chrome for about a year now and I really like it. The favorites are easy to set up and use. It opens fast. Lots of option in the settings and very user friendly. I tried firefox and did not like it at all. Not very user friendly. IE is just plain crap IMO.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use FFox and IE, cause sometimes one just crashes on certain site, and the other can open it

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Before my trusty, well-worn Dell Ispiron died (mother board finally quick working), I always used FireFox. 'Twas the best. But now, I've gone over to the "other" side and find Apple's Safari WAY superior to any browser I've ever used. I especially like the feature that allows me to, or not, scan past previous Internet sessions for months of years by simply opening the top third of the window and lightly running my finger across the touch pad. Way cool.