Internet Browsers

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Meniscus, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Meniscus

Gold Member

Ever since Chrome premiered, I've been flip-flopping between it and IE. For the past several weeks I've been using Chrome. Initially I didn't like how barebones Chrome is, but after using it for a bit, I found that it does everything I need/want it to do, and without all the extra crap it seems faster and more stable.

I tried both Firefox and Opera a couple of years ago, but didn't care for them. The other day I decided to give both another try. I like the look of Opera, but I'm finding that a lot of pages don't display correctly.

I'm currently using Firefox, and so far so good, but I wish it had a simple, unobtrusive replacement for the menu bar like the Wrench icon in Chrome, the menu button in Opera, or even the Page, Safety, and Tools buttons in IE.

To those of you who have used multiple browsers, which one do you like best and why? I know that there are a lot of IE haters out there, and a lot of Firefox fans (with considerable overlap between the two groups), so I ask you to minimize the comments on why IE sucks and why Firefox is great, and to focus on some more useful comparisons between browsers that is inclusive of Opera and Chrome. Thanks.

2. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Are you using Firefox 4.0 Beta? It's muuuuuuuch better!

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

In terms of safety Firefox is the best. I have it set too block reported attack sites. It does the job. Here is a screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. D_Harry Erik Shun

D_Harry Erik Shun New Member

I have been using Chrome for about a year now and I really like it. The favorites are easy to set up and use. It opens fast. Lots of option in the settings and very user friendly. I tried firefox and did not like it at all. Not very user friendly. IE is just plain crap IMO.

5. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    Firefox is the best imo, IE is utter rubbish

6. Buddychaser

Buddychaser New Member

Albums:
    Firefox User too

7. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    I use FFox and IE, cause sometimes one just crashes on certain site, and the other can open it

8. midlifebear

Gold Member

Before my trusty, well-worn Dell Ispiron died (mother board finally quick working), I always used FireFox. 'Twas the best. But now, I've gone over to the "other" side and find Apple's Safari WAY superior to any browser I've ever used. I especially like the feature that allows me to, or not, scan past previous Internet sessions for months of years by simply opening the top third of the window and lightly running my finger across the touch pad. Way cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted