Internet Dating

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, Viking, that doesn't really make much sense. You're not any more observant than most people and any guy who lists his endowment or IQ in their online dating profile probably will not get many responses. Women will assume they are lying just as you have, or think that they are cocky and full of themselves which is also a turn off to most. A lot of braggadocio in a profile usually isn't a good idea.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, Viking, that doesn't really make much sense. You're not any more observant than most people and any guy who lists his endowment or IQ in their online dating profile probably will not get many responses. Women will assume they are lying just as you have, or think that they are cocky and full of themselves which is also a turn off to most. A lot of braggadocio in a profile usually isn't a good idea.

Hmmm...perhaps, but a lot of women seem to go for these obnoxious bullshitters. I worked with a guy who was one of the most obnoxious, bullshit filled people I've ever been around. He had no problem getting women.
If you are saying those kind of women wouldn't exactly be what I would want, well, that's probably true. I hadn't considered that, but I should have.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I"ve never felt that I was desparate. The way I see it the internet provides me with a way to meet people that I would never meet if I were searching on my own. I'm introverted, which sometimes seems to be a crime in this country, so yes it is a little easier doing it this way and nobody much cared for me in high school and I really could care less about any of them. I'm very cautious about info I give out and I'm not one of those people that has be be in a relationship just to have one. I'm not jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Yes there are liars and fakes out there I've talked to and met some of those myself, there are those that use 20 year old pictures and those that don't know the difference between a few extra pounds and fat. I guess at this point I'll just take it one date at a time, if it happens so be it, it's better than sitting at home.

braumeister

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My experiences with internet dating have been quite frustrating. I tried a few different sites, match, eHarmony, and AFF. I've decided that if I'm going to be frustrated, I'm not going to pay for the privilege. I've dropped all the pay sites.

I've had slightly more luck with doing things I enjoy that involve single women (i.e. social dancing). I've found it is just as frustrating, but at least I'm going something I enjoy!

braumeister

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In fact, I found it much easier to have long-term relationships in the Midwest. It seems like Bay Area guys are about "There's always someone cuter, younger, prettier, etc. just around the corner."

I notice a similar attitude among women in the Boston area. I don't quite understand why given the demographics of the Boston area - census data I've looked at shows a lot more single women than single men.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have thought about dancing myself. Although I have the grace of a three legged pregnant elephant. I have always wanted to learn to Shag, after all it is our state dance.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What does an STD have to do with internet dating? You can get an STD from anyone anywhere.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
I've had a lot of pleasurable experiences from internet dating. Even though I've been looking for a relationship, I've had some good fun there too. Also met my last serious girlfriend there.
If you live near a big city, I'd recommend it.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually met and dated a lady for seven months off of e-harmony. We seemed to hit it off right from the start, I got along with her kids everything seemed and was fine until she changed jobs. Then the next thing I know I get an email from her telling me it's over. I still don't know what happened.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have used a couple of sites. The one I use to use years ago closed down. I really haven't had a lot of luck in the last year. Thouogh I have made some good male friends.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess I'm just kind of down on the whole dating thing. I'm at the point where I feel like if I never date again, it would be too soon. I guess I'm getting bitter. I don't like it. It's just where I find myself. These days I'd rather have good friends than lovers. And that's precisely where I find myself.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Interesting that he didn't respond to this, NIC :) Perhaps you scared him off.....you can be quite menacing, you know. =)

I think long distance relationships are NOT sad & pathetic & in fact very doable. I have several long distance chat friends, and I know I'll never meet them but there no less friends to me......or me for them.

What're YOUR thoughts on a long-distance relationship?

Being in a long-distance relationship is sad and pathetic, frizzle?

7x6

Sexy Member
Media
Does anyone here use or have tried in the past any of the dating websites? If so which one and what kind of results did you get? This is open to all that want to answer.

I've had a lot of success on dating sites over the last three and a half years, only a few months spread over that time as I always seem to end up in a relationship. I got talking to loads of women online, went on to meet eight of them. Ended up fucking six (all first or second date but lots of time online or on the phone heforehand) and ended up in relationships with five of them (between 1 and 18 months) and keeping another as a close online friend.
Toyed a little with 'playing the feild' (twice found myself fucking two women on the same say, why did that never happen 20 years earlier?) but it just wasn't me. I've currently been with a lovely woman since Christmas who i'd have never met in any other circumstances.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What're YOUR thoughts on a long-distance relationship?

My thoughts are they are very difficult and not what I'm looking for anymore, but when I have been in serious long distance relationships before it was because I was in love and felt the connection was worth maintaining. Sometimes the easiest way to maintain such a relationship is over e-mail and IM if the distance is too far to see each other regularly. I don't think that's pathetic, even if it's something I would actively try to avoid now.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The lady I mentioned in an earlier post was a long distance relationship. We lived 180 miles apart and saw each other every other weekend. We took turns going to each others house. It lasted seven months but I started having doubts that it was going to last a few months before it actually ended. They can work if both parties are willing but they can be stressful and I have pretty much decided I'll never get myself involved in a long distance relationship again.