Internet Explorer 9 will feature "do not track" functionality

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Microsoft today announced that release candidate of Internet Explorer 9 will feature a new tracking protection setting that will keep a user's browsing habits private from sites looking to harvest browser histories.
The new feature of IE9 will let users opt out of sharing their browser information with sites they may not know or necessarily trust. It includes a Tracking Protection List of Web addresses that the browser will call only if the user specifically types the URL into the browser bar. That means any content from a URL that the user has blocked will also not show up in the browser.

lpsg can not track me now:)

Last edited:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Microsoft today announced that release candidate of Internet Explorer 9 will feature a new tracking protection setting that will keep a user's browsing habits private from sites looking to harvest browser histories.
The new feature of IE9 will let users opt out of sharing their browser information with sites they may not know or necessarily trust. It includes a Tracking Protection List of Web addresses that the browser will call only if the user specifically types the URL into the browser bar. That means any content from a URL that the user has blocked will also not show up in the browser.

lpsg can not track me now:)
One very simple way around this is too delete your browser history every day. Its that easy. I don't want too hear about what they are doing with Internet Explorer 9. Its like putting a bowtie on a turd. In my 5 years here, i have scanned this site with everything under the sun. One tracking cookie. Thats it. Which is normal. A safe tracking cookie. There are good ones and bad ones. I did a test a few weeks ago after a scan. Now my computer was tracking cookie free. I spent about 10 minutes on each site clicking on some links. Many of the cookies on these sites are very bad. This is the last place to worry about someone tracking you. Here are the results.
MSN - 5
Drudge Report - 6
CNN - 11
Fox News - 3
MSNBC - 15

Last edited:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been using Internet Explorer's InPrivate Browsing feature for years.

As I understand it, InPrivate Browsing (and Chrome's "Incognito" browsing) prevents sites you've visited from appearing in your browser history and cookies from your browsing session from being saved after you've closed the browser. It also disables some features and add-ons. This is mainly to prevent anyone else who uses your computer from finding out what sites you've been visiting. It doesn't stop the sites you're visiting from seeing who you are or where you've been (although any sites you visit during your next session won't be able so see where you went during your previous InPrivate browsing session.

The downside is that it also blocks some useful features and harmless/helpful cookies.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

If this feature works in "real time" then it's definitely a step in the right direction. Not only would it keep sites from accessing the history of sites I visited during my current browsing session, but it would spare me from having to delete my history so often. (I like having a history of sites I visited as sometimes I realize I want to go back to a page I had been reading, but I can't remember the name and can't quickly find it via a search engine.)

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I understand it, InPrivate Browsing (and Chrome's "Incognito" browsing) prevents sites you've visited from appearing in your browser history and cookies from your browsing session from being saved after you've closed the browser. It also disables some features and add-ons. This is mainly to prevent anyone else who uses your computer from finding out what sites you've been visiting. It doesn't stop the sites you're visiting from seeing who you are or where you've been (although any sites you visit during your next session won't be able so see where you went during your previous InPrivate browsing session.

The downside is that it also blocks some useful features and harmless/helpful cookies.
Firefox has had private browsing for years. Internet Explorer allows every web site to run any active content they want too on your computer, leaving a big open port for malware, viruses ect.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think Firefox's private browsing does essentially the same thing as IE's and Chrome's, although I'm sure they came up with it first. But a browser that allows you to keep a history while preventing the sites you visit from accessing it (and without disabling any features) strikes me as a much better form of protection. (It also strikes me as a no-brainer, which makes me wonder why they took so long to come up with it.)

prodigy_111

Just Browsing
Media
yup. i've been using IE9 since its beta was out. The latest beta build is even better.

I always prefered firebox but with IE9 I think I am back to using internet explorer.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been using Internet Explorer's InPrivate Browsing feature for years.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing where you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate Browsing from the new tab page or the Safety button.

this has nothing to do with "do not track"!!! is used to stop tracking cookies.
Firefox will have it soon

Last edited: