Internet Relationship Problems....

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
My advice is that he drops the relationship completely and pursues a real one. In my opinion, online relationships are...well, to put it bluntly, pretty pathetic and for people either very desperate and/or lacking any social skills. What's the point in being in a romantic, emotional relationship when you can't even be with that person? Can't kiss them, can't hug them, can't cuddle with them, can't make love, can't go on dates...I mean, really, what's the point? It's rather redundant.

Think_Kink said Kyle and Shawn are making plans to meet-up...no doubt, on more than one occasion, too. I can't see how their relationship will develop into anything short of a normal, long-distance one.

Can you see otherwise?

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I met a guy online in Paris... we had a wonderful 3 months, cam-to-cam, meeting three hours a day to chat to get to know each other.

Then, he decided that the internet thing couldn't go anywhere... he was in Paris, I was in NYC. He wanted to stop everything.

I booked a plane ticket to Paris to meet him.

He all but stopped talking to me... it took about a week to find out that he was SO FRIGHTENED of personal intimacy... when things were going to get real, he was ready to bolt.

We met! And he was EXACTLY what I thought he would be and vice-versa. We had a wonderful 3 year relationship. I was in Paris every 2-3 months... and he would come to NYC three times a year. All the while maintaining a cam-to-cam chat once or twice a day.

It worked....

So, I might suggest that maybe the guy in Florida is just scared that this might ACTUALLY happen (meeting in person)?

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, but when does it kick in? I've had an internet relationship for 2 years. I'm in Florida, she's in TX. 1000 miles! The distance doesn't make me feel foolish like the fact that she's in a failed marriage! What am I thinking! It wasnt what I was looking for! I just wanted to be friends and so did she. We fucked it up with all this emotional crap. I guess when real relationships terrify you the internet is there :mad:

I dont know. We've connected in so many ways on other levels. I mean a physical relationship would be better(i'd like to believe anyways). I think I use the distance to my advantage. I mean...like a safety net. I dont think I can get hurt as bad from such a long way away, and after 7 years without anything at all the emotional connection is better than nothing.

I dont want to meet her...it would ruin everything. She's never going to leave him for me and I'd be crazy to think so. There's always that little voice of possibility that keeps you like dreaming it might happen. I feel like such a fool for it all, but I dont want to lose a hopeless/impossible relationship. If that makes sense:confused:

Well, it is all about what you want... sometimes a safe relationship is good and helps you... but do you ever want more. Maybe you've convinced yourself it is hopeless/impossible and you can no longer escape your safety net?

In the end, sometimes if you really want something, you have to take the risk, even if it doesn't turn out. Why? Because things are not as impossible as you think.