Internet Trolling and Mobbing

Media
Trolls. I came across this news article about internet trolls and the harassment they often serve up.

Some of these folks are harmless and may often be worth a laugh or two because they are so stupid, but not always. There is a dark side to these shenanigans.

Posting to blogs, threads on message boards with the intent to defame, annoy others anonymously is against federal law in the US.

In this case, trolls were harassing families that suffered the tragic loss of a child. Horrible things were being posted on line about their deaths.

Towards the end Parry Aftab the executive director of wiredsaftey.org speaks about internet laws and people who harass others on the net.

Here is the link.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nothing new.

Legally speaking, the Bill of Rights trumps anyone's idea that they can live without being offended or insulted.

The more interesting aspects are the psychological and sociological forces at work in these cases. It's easy enough to identify a complete shitheel...but the escalating prevalence of this phenomenon (as Drifter noted in a recent thread) speaks to something greater than just a disturbed individual.

There's a lot of ignorance, anger and hatred apparently simmering beneath society's forced veneer of integrated happiness. And there's a real sense of being disconnected from the brotherhood of men. See the case of the 15 year old boy who hunted down and stomped a 13 year old girl in the head with steel-toed boots because she made some crack about his brother's death in a text message.

Personally, I've long felt we're overdue a culling.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
See the case of the 15 year old boy who hunted down and stomped a 13 year old girl in the head with steel-toed boots because she made some crack about his brother's death in a text message.

That happened near where I live, I saw it on the local news. I think they were from the same school where the kid was set on fire attended.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The best way to fight a troll is to ignore him, I mean them.