Interracial dating and/or sex

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I am not confused, there are a shit load of races on this planet. It is illegal to have sex with anything other than your race. Please, give me your modified definition of race......I'm fucking begging you.

Race | Define Race at Dictionary.com (see 2nd set of definitions)
race: Definition from Answers.com
Race - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Race - definition of Race by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I mean I do know what you are saying about the concept of there being distinct biologically different subgroups of humanity (called races) being defunct (What is Race?) but that does not mean the sociological term 'race' has no meaning. It'd be nice if it didn't, but it does.

Though as far as I know 'race' has never really been applied to any group other than humans so the idea that 'there are a shit load of races on this planet' doesn't sit well with me.

I'm just now tuning into this thread but race is not the same as species. As humanoid species are defined by the amount of shared identical chromosomes. The features that define race do not take a person out of the humanoid category and say into a crinoidal species.

They are not interchangeable.

All human races are of the same species.
All human species are not of the same race.

There is only one surviving 'human' species, homo sapiens sapiens - in terms of genetic differences there are no genes unique to the group we socio-identify as black, nor to the group we socio-identify as white, etc., etc.. Race is a purely social construct and when you expand the term 'human' even just to all homo sapiens, past and present, the term 'race' becomes meaningless.

Last edited:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Interesting article about the growing acceptance of interracial marriages, and some of the challenges that interracial couples have had to face, both from society and family.

One of the things that was mentioned was a mother being asked if it was a problem that her children didn't "look like her."

Interracial marriage gains acceptance - Post-Tribune

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm open to all etnicities, some more then others but I have encountered some females who only saw the color of my skin, as if all white men are inherently good people.
Even coming to meet the parents of some girls made me akward as I got immediate approval after seeing that I'm white without looking at me as a person.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have dominantly dated white guys ever since i was a young girl, after that Spanish and Arab guys

But I would love to date a black guy for once in my life..but the ones I like never like me or vice versa. So it might never happen i guess.

I so love these types..so hot: WHY DO MEN CHEAT??? - YouTube or chocolate like chad ochocinco..mmm

I am a black woman by the way.

D_PinkieAreola

Account Disabled
Media
I love all men. I've never had an issue with interracial dating. I do take issue with men treating me like I'm just my race and vagina. I try to stay away from race fetishists.

Last edited:

D_PinkieAreola

Account Disabled
Media
You seem to have race and species mixed up again. Every human being is the member of the same species, but most humans also identified in racial groups. The idea of a "human race" was primarily introduced with the beginnings of the United Nations as a way to prevent genocide and promote cultural equality. Unfortunately it has been used as a way to stifle any mature conversations about inequality and cultural differences in the last few decades.

Since ONLY human beings classify themselves in terms of race, to assert you race is also by definition an assertion of your status as a human being. Race and species are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

I identify as Black/African-American

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You seem to have race and species mixed up again. Every human being is the member of the same species, but most humans also identified in racial groups. The idea of a "human race" was primarily introduced with the beginnings of the United Nations as a way to prevent genocide and promote cultural equality. Unfortunately it has been used as a way to stifle any mature conversations about inequality and cultural differences in the last few decades.

Since ONLY human beings classify themselves in terms of race, to assert you race is also by definition an assertion of your status as a human being. Race and species are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

I identify as Black/African-American

ITA, that in many quarters, the term "race" has become very un-pc/out of vogue. It seems the more accepted terms are "Culture" and "Ethnicity."

While cultural differences, in particular in values, are definitely very real and tangible. I think Ethnicity, at least as used in the States, is definitely a very overused construct.

Honestly, I espouse the concept that People are People, and no matter what our differences, we're all basically the same. However, that whole "The Only Race is the Human Race" theory is extremely lacking in terms of cultural competence and acknowledging that different cultures have different values and histories.

So, that being said, how does interracial dating work when you are dating someone who espouses radically different cultural values than you have?

I know the example of Arab men was brought up. That is something that I've seen before, and in many cases it has not ended well. Ideas about the role of women, religious differences, etc have really torpedoed the relationships. I'm curious about some of the ladies' experiences.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ok sweetie, what race is that?

Why do you always have to act like this? It's condescending to her as a female. It's like watching the way men talked to women in the 1960's as if it were completely acceptable. I find that you are more than pissy at women who disagree with you in any way and have some issue with respecting men who are nicer to women than you are.

Not sure what your deal is and I truly could give a fuck less. But I know I'm not the only one growing tired of you being tired of the forum to take this kind of attitude with EVERYONE for whatever your personal problems might be.

If WE bother you that much.....I suggest taking a little break from LPSG. It could do everyone some good.

TheBestYouCan

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The "Statement on 'Race'" (1998) composed by a select committee of anthropologists and issued by the executive board of the American Anthropological Association as a statement they "believe [...] represents generally the contemporary thinking and scholarly positions of a majority of anthropologists", declares:[97]
"In the United States both scholars and the general public have been conditioned to viewing human races as natural and separate divisions within the human species based on visible physical differences. With the vast expansion of scientific knowledge in this century, however, it has become clear that human populations are not unambiguous, clearly demarcated, biologically distinct groups. Evidence from the analysis of genetics (e.g., DNA) indicates that most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater variation within "racial" groups than between them. In neighboring populations there is much overlapping of genes and their phenotypic (physical) expressions. Throughout history whenever different groups have come into contact, they have interbred. The continued sharing of genetic materials has maintained all of humankind as a single species."

"With the vast expansion of scientific knowledge in this century, ... it has become clear that human populations are not unambiguous, clearly demarcated, biologically distinct groups. [...] Given what we know about the capacity of normal humans to achieve and function within any culture, we conclude that present-day inequalities between so-called "racial" groups are not consequences of their biological inheritance but products of historical and contemporary social, economic, educational, and political circumstances."

AAA Statement on "Race"

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
But, just because "present day inequalities between so called "racial groups are not consequences of their biological inheritance, but products of historical and contemporary social, economic, educational and political circumstances," doesn't make race, and the whole racial/cultural differences in identity any less real, or any less of something to be respected.

We could debate the semantics of what is race, and the difference between race, culture, and ethnic identity all day. However, it's something that will take away from what this thread was originally designed to ask/explore. It has nothing to do with interracial dating or relationships. It's just a hijack.