Interracial Relationships

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eddyabs said:
Patrick is Caribbean, and was on holiday here from Guadeloupe...he never returned lol :wink:
Maybe it's funny but I never even think about Patrick as being of a different race...

Are you saying that "Caribbean" is a race?

I suppose maybe it is, if you're talking about a Carib or some such autochthon.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Realistically, interracial relationships are hard. You can say that for any relationship though.

If people have a problem with who I date, then, that's their problem--not mine. I don't go around match making their dates--they aren't going to be match making mine either. :smile:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I left this part out. We never thought of ourselves as different races until someone reminded us.
Amen to that. I tell people all the time, I only feel different when people remind me that I AM different.

I will say, Sorceror, that from the minority perspective, I got lots of venom (from black women who had refused to date me) in high school when I dated a brunette (she approached me) and the Black guys in some of the levi-leather bars I went to with my Ex-BF (who was white) shot me the dirtiest looks when I stood there between his legs. It went over his head--but they made sure I knew how they felt.

The knife cuts both ways.

Naughty caught a lot of crap from members on THIS site for her "pretend" marriage to Prepstud.

I had a black guy email me on another site. He asked me if I had a BF or if I liked White men. I asked him "Why?" He said "It's not a difficult question."

He said "Please tell me you are not caught up in the 'white thing'!"

I replied and told him "No, it is not a difficult question, but rather an irrelevant question. I am so fortunuate that I am comfortable enough to not care about the race of my own or anyone else's partner."

End of discussion.

CuriousGuy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
I had a black guy email me on another site. He asked me if I had a BF or if I liked White men. I asked him "Why?" He said "It's not a difficult question."

He said "Please tell me you are not caught up in the 'white thing'!"

I replied and told him "No, it is not a difficult question, but rather an irrelevant question. I am so fortunuate that I am comfortable enough to not care about the race of my own or anyone else's partner."

End of discussion.

Lex, you're my hero!!

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
At the risk of offending any people who define themselves by their race, I think race is irrelevant to the most important things in life -- profession, sexual partners, friends, family, etc. It has never factored into my thinking. I don't mean to minimize a person's racial or cultural heritage, but it just doesn't matter to me when I choose someone to like or love or spend time with.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Col John,

I like your thinking. However, there are many who are not afforded that luxury because their lives are affected by it on a daily basis and it is often not due to anything they themselves have initiated. I think this is why so many people thought that the net would be a "Brave New World" of sorts, a place that allowed them to be their essential selves. But as you can see, it is populated by people who take their junk with them....

COLJohn said:
At the risk of offending any people who define themselves by their race, I think race is irrelevant to the most important things in life -- profession, sexual partners, friends, family, etc. It has never factored into my thinking. I don't mean to minimize a person's racial or cultural heritage, but it just doesn't matter to me when I choose someone to like or love or spend time with.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Naughty, your response is exactly what my black friends tell me, and I respect their/your position. What I was trying to state is that for me, one's race or sexual preference or socioeconomic background has nothing to do with my befriending them. I am looking for internal qualities. As for race, after studying the origins of races and the subsequent blendings of them, I am confused on that anyway.

naughty said:
Col John,

I like your thinking. However, there are many who are not afforded that luxury because their lives are affected by it on a daily basis and it is often not due to anything they themselves have initiated. I think this is why so many people thought that the net would be a "Brave New World" of sorts, a place that allowed them to be their essential selves. But as you can see, it is populated by people who take their junk with them....

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eddyabs said:
<...>
Do you believe that it is the way we are brought up by Family/Guardians
To some degree, yes. But an intelligent person will realize, as they (hopefully) mature, that not everything they were taught is correct, and will learn new things.
...or does it go deeper, something that is inherent in our character.....the fact that some would feel that there is or might be a difference in a relationship because of a different racial mix?
No, it's just that "the sheeple" are a pretty stupid bunch, generally speaking. Don't let them piss on your parade, eddyabs. If people behave stupidly in your presence, either point it out or just get away from them, but don't let them influence YOUR thinking.

If someone asks you a stupid question, simply based on your interracial relationship, one of two things would be appropriate: answer "that's a really stupid question, and I won't answer it" or without saying a word, turn and walk away. The first response is best with family and friends, the second response is better (and safer) around drunken strangers.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
To some degree, yes. But an intelligent person will realize, as they (hopefully) mature, that not everything they were taught is correct, and will learn new things.No, it's just that "the sheeple" are a pretty stupid bunch, generally speaking. Don't let them piss on your parade, eddyabs. If people behave stupidly in your presence, either point it out or just get away from them, but don't let them influence YOUR thinking.

If someone asks you a stupid question, simply based on your interracial relationship, one of two things would be appropriate: answer "that's a really stupid question, and I won't answer it" or without saying a word, turn and walk away. The first response is best with family and friends, the second response is better (and safer) around drunken strangers.

Thanks for your feedback DC...and everyone else....and yes, I don't tend to let anyone influence my thinking, unless of course I am seeking to learn..., I have a great self belief....I guess that comes with age. I am happy, believe and always have believed in equality.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
invisibleman said:
Realistically, interracial relationships are hard. You can say that for any relationship though.

If people have a problem with who I date, then, that's their problem--not mine. I don't go around match making their dates--they aren't going to be match making mine either. :smile:

Yep, I do agree its hard and adding different cultures and not so fluent different languages interactions going on at the same time is harder..tell me about it...:tongue: sometimes you can feel a great wall between and a babel situation like you dont have a clue whats going on, sooo many layers in the make up of individuals...and in those dealings there are others, no outside physical influences , just him and me...still, what we learned and lived and whom we were influencedand hurt and taught are on those layers...

Many times I don even understand myself and why i react and behave this or that way - but i'm learning and trying to understand 'me and you'...

But when we are really exchanging there is no walls and its all good. And when you have same body expressions that move in such sintony is just amazing! At the same time I reckognize the powerful influence in me of my Afro make up cultural inside tissues as the most familiar expression of me...it is part of me but never saw as in a different room of my self, but it explodes and i reckognize that even if i dont look dark chocolate bcause was not dip in a batch of darker dyes i do have the proprietys of it and its part of my identity. And I know he did find out this 'familiarity' in me finally and even say to me: 'you know you are not white, right? With me you can look black, you even look like my mother and aunts'..:cool:

Yep, for sure he is embracing the brasilian brown in me that he reckons that does not go with what he had learned in his culture growing up as a black male in the US, that he says that many do not see him as really black or really white, something about his being very educated makes people see him this way...well, he has his road to walk ...

The thing is i do feel that when he put to rest his African American defenses dealing with me is just great and we have great exchanges.

For sure I do not disregard any of my racial & cultural make up i do embrace every bit of me but cultural differences makes a huge play in how we see things...and about my brown culture is very soaked in me...just imagine what a difference in numbers it makes: 600 thousand (USA) and 5 millions (Brasil)... the number of Africans who were forced to entered our countries during slave traffic...

There were a time blacks were the majority and the whites were minority until they begun to interact and Brasil became brown.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Amen to that. I tell people all the time, I only feel different when people remind me that I AM different.
I would be happy to remind you that you are different: OOOhhh, Lex, you're so BIG!!!

Oh, yeah... you have a sexy shaved head, and I have silver hair. You are different from me, Lex.

Wanna fuck?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
I would be happy to remind you that you are different: OOOhhh, Lex, you're so BIG!!!

Oh, yeah... you have a sexy shaved head, and I have silver hair. You are different from me, Lex.

Wanna fuck?

I have NO clue what you are talking about. I'm celebate.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
I have NO clue what you are talking about. I'm celebate.
AHA!!! Another way you are different! You celibate, and I celebrate. WooHoo!

<Homer Simpson voice>Mmmm, Lex-sausage! <drool>llllllll......

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only woman I ever went out with who happened to be of Black American extraction - a professor of something-or-other at one of the local colleges - gave me the boot when she came to her senses. Well, can't blame her for that.

But afterwards she wanted me to tutor her son through his math classes.

Phhhtt, like that was gonna work.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Gisella said:
Yep, I do agree its hard and adding different cultures and not so fluent different languages interactions going on at the same time is harder..tell me about it...:tongue: sometimes you can feel a great wall between and a babel situation like you dont have a clue whats going on, sooo many layers in the make up of individuals...and in those dealings there are others, no outside physical influences , just him and me...still, what we learned and lived and whom we were influencedand hurt and taught are on those layers...

Many times I don even understand myself and why i react and behave this or that way - but i'm learning and trying to understand 'me and you'...

But when we are really exchanging there is no walls and its all good. And when you have same body expressions that move in such sintony is just amazing! At the same time I reckognize the powerful influence in me of my Afro make up cultural inside tissues as the most familiar expression of me...it is part of me but never saw as in a different room of my self, but it explodes and i reckognize that even if i dont look dark chocolate bcause was not dip in a batch of darker dyes i do have the proprietys of it and its part of my identity. And I know he did find out this 'familiarity' in me finally and even say to me: 'you know you are not white, right? With me you can look black, you even look like my mother and aunts'..:cool:

Yep, for sure he is embracing the brasilian brown in me that he reckons that does not go with what he had learned in his culture growing up as a black male in the US, that he says that many do not see him as really black or really white, something about his being very educated makes people see him this way...well, he has his road to walk ...

The thing is i do feel that when he put to rest his African American defenses dealing with me is just great and we have great exchanges.

For sure I do not disregard any of my racial & cultural make up i do embrace every bit of me but cultural differences makes a huge play in how we see things...and about my brown culture is very soaked in me...just imagine what a difference in numbers it makes: 600 thousand (USA) and 5 millions (Brasil)... the number of Africans who were forced to entered our countries during slave traffic...

There were a time blacks were the majority and the whites were minority until they begun to interact and Brasil became brown.

Is it just me or is there something so godamned HOT about the way Gisella writes?? :rolleyes:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gisella said:

Yeah, Brazilians have a really cool spectrum of peeps as far as racial makeup is noted. In high school, there was a guy named Reinaldo, a foreign exchange student. He had wavy, curly red hair. He had Caucasian like skin with some freckles. This is going to sound very strange but he had a black guy's face (except without the brown). He sounded like Arnold Schwarzeneggar. His voice was very deep and had a Portuguese accent. Very straight. He was on the soccer team. I remember a cheerleader sexually teased him on the ball field once. I saw the guy get very thickened up. From the dick print. He looked like he was 6" X 7"