Interracial Relationships

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've had oral sex with two girls of different ethnicities, but no long term relationships. Race isn't an issue for me. I think the only time it would be is in terms of being so totally different with regards to background/upbringing/mentality that it just couldn't work out. That's a possibility, but I suppose those differences could exist between two people of the same race too. I will say though, I chatted briefly with a black girl in the past, and I got the 'hell no, you're white?' reaction. I do understand that sort of thing is an exception rather than a rule, and it hasn't put me off other races, but it has made me doubt my own attractiveness to them. It's things like that which have made me just slightly hesitant to approach a woman who isn't white. So it's not for lack of wanting, it's just a kind of 'is this okay to do?' feeling.

Hey Six,maybe you were talking to a very young girl. Boston is notoriously racist,but there have been some changes,about peoples views, concerning interacial dating,being more acceptable to some people here these days.Imagine trying this in the 1950's, when my parents got together.
It was extremely hard for them to be a couple.
C.B.;saevil:
C.B.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am white as white can be (well, technically I am Caucasian); and spent 2 years with a charming woman from Somalia. She was the only interracial relationship I had with a woman and of the 7 relationships with women, she was the best. The men are another matter. (Please note: For me a relationship defines something which lasts at least a full calendar month.)

Although the majority of my man to man relationships of the sexual nature have been with other Caucasians there have been several Hispanics (Puerto Rican (4), Costa Rican(2), Dominican(3) and a few others. I was involved with two men from Haiti, (yes, at the same time); and a Nigerian as well as an Iraqui and...good Lord the list is a disgraceful testament to my rampant promiscuity:eek:... You know something? It has all been very good. If others stopped and stared, I always presumed it to be jealousy that I had encountered and snagged such a delightful and handsome man as I was with. Perhaps some of this goes back to my strong reactions to the words of Society's Child by Janis Ian. It pissed me off no end in that song when she would tell of her friends instructing her to 'stick to your own kind' and her parents with 'honey, he's not our kind'.
To this day, I become misty eyed when I hear those final words of 'I can't see you anymore' followed by the lie of 'I don't want to see you anymore' Truly heart-wrenching.

Society's Child
Come to my door, baby,
Face is clean and shining black as night.
My mother went to answer you know
That you looked so fine.
Now I could understand your tears and your shame,
She called you "boy" instead of your name.
When she wouldn't let you inside,
When she turned and said,
"But honey, he's not our kind."

She says, I can't see you any more, baby,
Can't see you anymore.

Walk me down to school, baby,
Everybody's acting deaf and blind.
Until they turn and say, "Why don't you stick to your own kind?"
My teachers all laugh, their smirking stares,
Cutting deep down in our affairs.
Preachers of equality,
Think they believe it, then why won't they just let us be?

They say I can't see you anymore baby,
Can't see you anymore.

One of these days I'm gonna stop my listening
Gonna raise my head up high.
One of these days I'm gonna raise up my glistening wings and fly.
But that day will have to wait for a while.
Baby I'm only society's child.
When we're older things may change,
But for now this is the way they must remain.
I say I can't see you anymore baby,
Can't see you anymore.
No, I don't want to see you anymore, baby.

At any rate, I tend to involve with a person with little or no regard to their skin color, ethnic background or religion. Either we click or we don't and the rest of it doesn't matter.