Intolerance

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I haven't seen an inordinate amount of homophobic or hateful posting on this forum. To be honest, this is one of the most tolerant boards I've ever seen, and not just of homosexuality, but of just about everything.

Don't let one or two trolls stop you from participating!

He's right. Try posting any innocuous something about being gay almost anywhere else and just watch the flames roll in. It's disgusting.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't recall telling you it was okay to take down your cock pics. :mad: Your cock is the only thing about you I consistently liked.:tongue:

That made me smile. Hard job to do nowadays, you deserve an award!

I'll go with drunk. :redface:
haha

Even I could tell you where the gay bashing has been.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I haven't seen an inordinate amount of homophobic or hateful posting on this forum...

You can thank the mods for that. Usually such posts are quickly deleted.

Trolls feed on causing disruption, bad feeling and havoc. If their obnoxious behavior was met with deafening silence, they would have no power at all.

I'd rather their posts be deleted. That would really steal their power.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's funny, but I was about to write a thread on the same thing, but a bit broader in scope, although "Intolerance" was still the all-encompassing theme.

People can jump in and say that the board is just a tolerant as always, that it's only disruption by a few that are homophobic, but those "few" are definitely more pervasive. Also, those few seem much more tolerated by the masses, and administration, than in the past.

Make mention of something gay, bi, anything to do with race, or the automatic thread-trasher -- circumcision, and watch even the most thought provoking, and insightful thread, spiral into a pathetic troll-ridden pissing contest, full of spewing empty rhetoric. This doesn't even go into the insipid comments, found to be witty only by the writer, that kill the flow of many a thoughtful and heartfelt discussion.

Big Dirg may have been an ass, a bully, or a general malcontent, but at least he could form a sentence, provide sources for his claims, and never stooped to outright hate-mongering (well, maybe except towards the moderation model, and basic stupidity), ass sniffing, or general trollism. Look, he's no martyr, or hero, to me either, but I've been dumbfounded by some of the choices of who's been kept and who's been banned.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As immature as this might sound, you're being a big PUSSY.

...said the Formula 1 driver though he only knew how to walk. :rolleyes:

I find it interesting jeunessedoree, that you forcefully call David out when in fact your own sexual preference is hidden on a site where gay bashing has taken place. Why is that? To hide? To avoid the bashing? Rubber backbone if you ask me.

Enough said.

David, our occasional PM's were sublime. I wonder why it died out.. :confused:. You are a kind, gentle and introspective man and I feel very fortunate for the opportunity of getting to know you. You presence has been and will continue to be sorely missed.

I "get you" and what you are on about. I found myself in an almost reversed situation of yours in my everyday life, where there was an almost constant reaction of no matter where or how things played out, as soon as I encountered a gay person, they'd run for the hills at the first sound of the word bi. First it hurt. Then it infuriated. Soon I realised that I was starting to develop into an almost bitterness towards most gay folk. I didn't act out on it, but my thoughts and feelings were revealing enough to me.

Fortunately it was short lived, because of the wonderful gay people on this site (and let me just say that 99% of my most dear friends on this site are in actual fact gay) reminded me that not all people are the same so to look at them through a filter wouldn't be fair. Also because I started to encounter some gay people in my life that have offered me the amount of acceptance and respect as I was offering them.

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that I understand your feelings and how they have led you to make this very sad decision. I support you in your decision because sometimes taking a break from all of the pain is much needed. I respect you for being open to the fact that you are able to acknowledge that not all people behave in the same way and that your experience could very easily be short lived.

You are entitled to your feelings because they are alerting you to your own inner reality. It isn't always easy to be open to the painful emotions, yet your doing so once again confirms the depth and breadth of your kind and open heart.

Be gentle with yourself and be well.

Now, I need to face my friends...
Hopefully they'll punish me...repeatedly. :biggrin1:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fuck 'em all, I say! I'll be damned if I'm ever gonna leave here over a few retarded and homophobic assholes.

Blunt and well said. I have no problem with the gay members. I loathe the gay bashing, and I'll be damned if a few intolerant people are going to drive me off. It usually ends up they come on, get a rant out, then leave as most of the members drive them out.

You sir, are an attention whore.

That sir was truly funny!

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimming Lad

My advice is dont let it bother u. I havn't noticed any gay bashing goin on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimming Lad

Then you must be drunk or living under a rock.:mad:

If Swimming Lad has been lucky enough to miss some of the gay bashing, or he hasn't been interested in entering into the threads that contain it, then I'm happy for him. I'm sorry, njqt, but suggesting that he must be under a rock or drunk because of his experience and opinion here is pretty harsh. His view should be tolerated as well. If anything it shows that he has no interest and is no part of the negative aspect of it.

I agree with NIC and SP. Yes, right now there is more than usual going on, but for the most part it's from a very small percentage. I have plenty of gay friends and would be irate if anyone insulted them, but I have also experienced prejudism from the gay community because I am a woman. I have even been denied entrance into gay bars despite being with friends, because no females were allowed. Here on LPSG, there is a specific member who is both gay and black, and whose posts I, for the most part, enjoy. However, every once in a while he can't seem to resist throwing out a derogatory remark concerning women, our body parts, and how they disgust him.

Straight men here have been harassed in threads for stating that they are turned on by another man's penis, or for the percentage of gay listed in their profile, and are told they are in the closet. They also discuss how they are cruised thru pm's despite stating they are not interested in men.

Despite that, most of the guys on this site are very tolerant,understanding, and accept the above behaviors with a sense of humor and thank you-s.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, because it does, but we are giving power to the small fraction by implying they have control of the board. Personally, I'm not willing to give them the satisfaction. The amount of awesome people here FAR outweighs the others.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm....... Ive been on here for years, and the old board...and I've never been personally flamed for being gay......
I'm not sure why you guys are having issues, or by whom.

Is it a possibility that if people on this board provide more hostility because the "Gay" issue is being brought up unrelated to the relavent topic being discussed?

I know, if I was a straight man, hearing someone scream "GAY PRIDE" every five minues...I'd be inclined to pop them on the head.

*edit*
I took a shower, and thought a bit more, that I should clarify.
Yes, I have seen flaming In General going on, and with any message board, it's to be expected.
Most of the time it's by repeat offenders, or newbies that think their shit don't stink.
It's when it reaches the limit of too crude, and too offensive to a mass amount of people that action is taken.

Again, I don't remember being personally flamed on this board because of my sexuality, and when I heard of other people being attacked, it was quickly taken care of.
I've pvt'd many straight guys on this board and complimented them on their pics. They either answer back "Thanks" or they dont reply. I respect their orientation, and move on without needing to pester.
(well...except curious in ohio...your ass is mine baby hehehe)

So, I guess we need examples. Concrete stuff, not trivial shit.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Trolls, whiners, and bigots will always be around. The trick is to rid the site of them and members are the most effective means of doing so - not the mods. During my time here, i've seen intolerance of gays, bisexuals, women, people of all races, circumcised men...they've all been bashed at some point. It's our job to drive them out if we don't want them tainting the site with their bullshit.

As I see it, there are only three things of which members should be intolerant: Stupidity, ignorance, and unkindness.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Trolls, whiners, and bigots will always be around. The trick is to rid the site of them and members are the most effective means of doing so - not the mods. During my time here, i've seen intolerance of gays, bisexuals, women, people of all races, circumcised men...they've all been bashed at some point. It's our job to drive them out if we don't want them tainting the site with their bullshit.

As I see it, there are only three things of which members should be intolerant: Stupidity, ignorance, and unkindness.

Spot on milady! in my very short time here, I have seen some of the more reserved, yet outspoken members out the bigots and trolls (not that it takes a lot of work) and flush them out. And though I am not sure, it seems that site management (Admins and Mods) take a dim view of this behavior and tend to monitor these pepole since usually they only come on to sow ther hate filled agendas.

Here is what I don't get. If you are a straight man and you hate gay people, do you go to a gay bar to watch football and hit on women? No! Would you go there at all? No!

LPSG isn't a gay site, but there are a lot of gay members. The internet is wonderful in the fact that if you don't like something, you don't look or read or visit that site. I would say this to the intolerant, homophobic, racist, etcetera:

If you don't like the majority of members or things about this site, don't visit and don't join.

This is a very strong, tight knit and outspoken community and the true members here will protect it.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
So, I guess we need examples. Concrete stuff, not trivial shit.
As a minor example: http://www.lpsg.org/64011-its-a-disease.html
But really, it's becoming more of an issue, and if you haven't noticed it, I can only think that you're not spending much time here lately, or reading threads on gay topics. The comments aren't being made in the "Hi, I'm new", or "Is this big?" threads. In threads like "Faggots and Fat Older Ladies", it's blatant, and in threads like http://www.lpsg.org/63417-shameful-homosexuals-mock-last-supper.html it is a mix of comments, and then in threads mentioning HIV/AIDS they are often more veiled. These are just homophobic references, not even delving into some of the other areas I mentioned in my post above. Personally, I typically just ignore it, but lately, I definitely notice that there are more items (not to mention "members") to ignore. As one former Mod put it, it's a veiled undercurrent, that's more and more becoming not-so-veiled.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Novice, your right. I haven't had much time to dig into the forum, and please take my notes as only looking at the issues surface deep.
I have barely enough time to pop on here, and then jet back out due to a very nosy family situation, and ungodly work/school schedule.

But anyway....the examples you gave were good ones, and ones that I listed as "General or bullshit" ones. (mainly as they are exactly that. Somebody making a blanket statement on how gay people are so bad for society..bla bla bla). I agree with you. It shouldn't be posted in this community.
There's always some conservative fuck that feels he/she has to "Save the world from homosexuals".

Ok, so he was banned, good. So delete the thread. Why leave it here to infect the wound?
Likewise with the Thick1's thread. If it pisses everybody off, then get rid of the damn thread, and Thick1 with it, if he/she continues to bastardize the board.
That's what they want - you to leave it up there, so it's their forever print of their presence and social "right" view.

Why aren't these threads being deleted to clean the board up?
It's like a hard dog toy left in the hallway...everybody that walks through the hallway has to look at it, or trips on it.

Mods?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You don't get rid of bigots by ignoring them Novice, ignoring something is taken as tacit approval of it by the bigots. If I see someone in the street slap a child I go up and ask them why they're slapping that child, to ignore it is to condone it.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You don't get rid of bigots by ignoring them Novice, ignoring something is taken as tacit approval of it by the bigots. ...to ignore it is to condone it.
It's called "choosing your battles". Obviously, when something bothers me enough to comment on it, I do, and have. When it's just a, "eesh, that guy/girl is an idiot" moment, I let it pass (I'd otherwise be constantly spewing bile, or passing judgments from on high, the whole time I'm here). Anyone that thinks I just let everything go unchallenged, hasn't read enough of my posts, including this one, to get the right impression of me. :wink:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't implying you were, I was just setting forth my personal take on it, if I see someone being an arsehole/troll lots of people will advice it's best to let it go, I think the opposite, if we let them get on with it their arseholiness just grows unchallenged.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...if we let them get on with it their arseholiness just grows unchallenged.
True, except in the cases where they bask, revel, and otherwise flourish from ANY kind of attention, be it good, or bad. How much time do you have? I could give you a couple 100 examples, off the top of my head. :wink:

EDIT: The real trick is to divine which particular strain we're dealing with, in order to treat, and eradicate them effectively. :tongue: