Intolerance

GayBot

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im Gay... Woo Hoo, This Doesnt Make Me Special, There Are Assholes Everywhere, As There Are Here, Just Dont Go Straight Ok... The Church Cant Cure Us, Their Is No Pill, Or Id Probably Have Taken It Cuz I Hate Being Gay... It Gets In The Way Of Friendships, Family, Work, Etc.... If It Wasn't For Sucking Cock Id Give It Up..lol

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
personally i dont see the "intolerance"'you speak of.this is a very open forum with true togetherness amongst its members.besides,all arseholes of the 'bashing' nature are quickly banned.Dont make mountains outta molehills friend.:wink:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been off the boards for about two weeks (hospitalized with a nasty case of MRSA), so some of the sadder threads have come and gone without my even having noticed.

But LPSG, like most internet fora, has its fair share of idiots and trolls. Conventional wisdom dictates that we ignore such scum, as they feed on attention. I attempt to respond at first to, say, someone who declares himself 100% straight but hammers incessantly at the health risks to anal sex, by personal anecdote. If that fails, I may (or may not) bump up the message, but ultimately decline in further engagement.

There is no winning with such morons, and I dislike the stench that comes into my nose by close association with such odious individuals.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I Hope You Didn't Mean Me Bucko.... Dam That Sounds Butch...lol Im Just Trying To Have Some Fun... Chat Wont Work... Later Gator

I haven't read enough of your posts yet, Gaybot. Your insistence on capitalizing the first letter of each word, though quirky, doesn't qualify as trollish.

And seeing as though you identify as 100% gay, I'm unclear how my earlier comment applies to you. But I'll be on my toes going forward, for sure...:cool:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Once again, I appreciate all the comments and thoughtful consideration. I just want to, once again, clarify my position. First, I am not throwing a tantrum, taking my ball, and going home. I will continue to lurk here, and keep abreast of happenings. I just won't be as responsive as I once was. Second, as this is the most important point I think was missed, is that it is MY tolerance of intolerance that has gone down recently. I can't provide the kind of support, and thoughtfulness, that I have tried to in the past. I have lost too much of my sense of humor over stupid issues. As I said, MY perceptions about gay intolerance have gone become more sensitive. I have seen, and commented, on other intolerance over other issues. And I admit, I may not have been as aware or sensitive to the bashing of others as I should have been. Those who have a personal interest in a subject are more attuned to those who use them as a target for hate and prejudice. So, I apologize for any insensitivity I have shown, because of my unawareness of how someone was being hurt. I feel, personally, that ANYONE who has been the subject of prejudice never has a right to be predudiced themselves, because they don;t have the excuse of ignorance of how much damage bigotry causes. I'll be back when my skin has thickened enough, and my righteous indignation has returned. Until then, I wish you all well, and hope you find the peace and answer you are looking for. Take care.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Guys (and gals) I am noticing a very concerning pattern in what you are all saying, and although I agree that tolerance is non negotiable and most be given by every member i would much rather have acceptance then tollerance. As to me tolerance to me still sounds like you have a problem with it you just dont say anything.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Trust me on this I'm good at dealing with all kinds of trolls :)

What about the ones that hide under bridges?
I've been off the boards for about two weeks (hospitalized with a nasty case of MRSA), so some of the sadder threads have come and gone without my even having noticed.

Ouch, that's not nice. Hope you get better mate. :smile:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guys (and gals) I am noticing a very concerning pattern in what you are all saying, and although I agree that tolerance is non negotiable and most be given by every member i would much rather have acceptance then tollerance. As to me tolerance to me still sounds like you have a problem with it you just dont say anything.

That is a very enlightened and thoughtful way to put it. Well done!