Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi there!
Had this conversation with my girlfriend @Adle about nipple covers. She organises sextoy parties and most of the girls she met there don't really the point of this and apart from being like a decoration for nipples and fun for foreplay it's quite hard to give a good sales speech about those.
And I told her that for us guys (I mostly speak for myself but let's generalize ;) ) if the nipple is covered, well, it's just as if we were not seeing the breasts AT ALL.
She was quite in shock as she had no idea.
I told her to just look for instance how girls who strip or do online cam just tease the guys with they hands covering their nipples. Or simply how even the smallest bikini top can make a guy crazy because, okay, it can be really revealing, but it's still frustrating because the nipple is covered, and the truth is that if he doens't see the nipple, it's just has if he hasn't seen anything.
I probably shoud ask the guys here if they think the same but @Adle and I would love to have the women's point of view on this.

And forgive me in advance as I'm french so I hope I expressed my question properly :blush:

Thanks!

Reactions: lapdog2001 and Adle

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
first, do you mean just the nipple or the nipple AND the areola? i assume you mean both.

2nd, what exactly is the question?

if it's "is it visually teasing when you don't get to see the whole breast?" then my answer is yes, i think it's provocative. demi-cup bras, lingerie that partially covers the breast either not revealing the nipple & surrounding area at all or only a little bit. yes, i think it's alluring. pasties are a thing.

and in some cases i believe these covers can be practical for those that want to wear a thinner and lighter color shirt (or chemise maybe?) and the bra isn't quite covering the area.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nipples are meant to feed babies. Men have them too. It's the hypersexualization of my parts that one, offends the fuck out of me. Two, that makes my unclothed body a crime in public. Three would a justification for the assault of my body in a court of law.

I really don't care about nipple covers or men's obsessions with body parts.

french_lp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
first, do you mean just the nipple or the nipple AND the areola? i assume you mean both.

2nd, what exactly is the question?

Sorry I wasn't clear. It's indeed both
And to clarify the question. It's a matter of how actual nudity is perceived by men, implying using nipple cover makes the game more exciting as hiding that pecific area might equal hiding everything. Have you ever felt that was the case?

Two, that makes my unclothed body a crime in public.
Depends where you live. I live on a lake and was good friends with one of the local sheriff's deputies who worked on the lake. He told me "in North Carolina, indecent exposure is defined as exposing the genitalia. Boobs are not genitals. Going topless is not illegal so tell your girlfriends!"

To the OP, yes... i do think that things ALMOST being exposed is a huge turn on, as evidenced by men going nuts if my pokies are showing and how i am nearly as excited by VPL as actually seeing it.

Reactions: 1209489

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Depends where you live. I live on a lake and was good friends with one of the local sheriff's deputies who worked on the lake. He told me "in North Carolina, indecent exposure is defined as exposing the genitalia. Boobs are not genitals. Going topless is not illegal so tell your girlfriends!"

To the OP, yes... i do think that things ALMOST being exposed is a huge turn on, as evidenced by men going nuts if my pokies are showing and how i am nearly as excited by VPL as actually seeing it.

Deputy Nipple sounds a lil pervie.

Deputy Nipple sounds a lil pervie.
100% :joy:

He also said to see a woman's genitalia, he'd hafta be "all up in there". Not so for a man.

He was actually good at his job. Helpful and competent without being a hardass. But yes, a perv! He would often text to see if I was wearing a suit for being social (adequate coverage) or for sunning (not so adequate) and try to find me if it was the latter. I got good at hiding. Lol.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
100% :joy:

He also said to see a woman's genitalia, he'd hafta be "all up in there". Not so for a man.

He was actually good at his job. Helpful and competent without being a hardass. But yes, a perv! He would often text to see if I was wearing a suit for being social (adequate coverage) or for sunning (not so adequate) and try to find me if it was the latter. I got good at hiding. Lol.

ewwwww

I know it's meant to be a funny story, but I can't help but imagine what it's like living in a place where law enforcement is sexually predatory.

ewwwww

I know it's meant to be a funny story, but I can't help but imagine what it's like living in a place where law enforcement is sexually predatory.
Nothing predatory at all. We were friends outside of his work, too. He would come visit me (and my friends) regardless of what i was wearing.

He had the right attitude for working on the lake. He was friendly and did his job well w/o being a jerk, unless people were truly a danger and then he was unapologetically firm. But he usually brought compliance through humor, kinda like this dude:

Nothing predatory at all. We were friends outside of his work, too. He would come visit me (and my friends) regardless of what i was wearing.

He had the right attitude for working on the lake. He was friendly and did his job well w/o being a jerk, unless people were truly a danger and then he was unapologetically firm. But he usually brought compliance through humor, kinda like this dude:

In the olden days, circa 1996 a family member of mine made an official complaint about male colleagues engaging in banter, flirting, and sexual remarks with young women. Even though everyone was laughing along her point was that the power dynamics were skewed so that any woman who did not welcome the attention was not really able to freely express that, and had no option but to laugh along. Bear in mind that there have been many instances where men in positions of power of any kind abuse that power, and that very often complete assholes walk amongst us disguised as likeable and decent people. He sounds like a total cunt. I find his behaviour unacceptable.

In the olden days, circa 1996 a family member of mine made an official complaint about male colleagues engaging in banter, flirting, and sexual remarks with young women. Even though everyone was laughing along her point was that the power dynamics were skewed so that any woman who did not welcome the attention was not really able to freely express that, and had no option but to laugh along. Bear in mind that there have been many instances where men in positions of power of any kind abuse that power, and that very often complete assholes walk amongst us disguised as likeable and decent people. He sounds like a total cunt. I find his behaviour unacceptable.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're taking a small snippet of an inside joke & exchange between friends and extrapolating it to how he behaved with everyone... which is inaccurate. It would be like saying I'm an uptight prude based on how I act at work, or saying I'm a total whorebag for being on this site. He was a professional and did his job well. He was a dirty boy in his personal life, but that's entirely separate.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're taking a small snippet of an inside joke & exchange between friends and extrapolating it to how he behaved with everyone... which is inaccurate. It would be like saying I'm an uptight prude based on how I act at work, or saying I'm a total whorebag for being on this site. He was a professional and did his job well. He was a dirty boy in his personal life, but that's entirely separate.
That's just my opinion based on the information you provided.

Reactions: MickeyLee

Fair enough. But the rest was not really relevant to being topless isn't a crime in NC. It shouldn't be hard to imagine that I (or most women on here) would have an extremely low tolerance for someone who's remotely predatory, though.

Fair enough. But the rest was not really relevant to being topless isn't a crime in NC. It shouldn't be hard to imagine that I (or most women on here) would have an extremely low tolerance for someone who's remotely predatory, though.
My point was that if the power balance is seriously skewed in their favour, because they are a police officer and you are not, then it matters little what your level of tolerance for pervy behaviour is. You made a fair point that his behaviour towards you does not necessarily denote that he behaves in that way generally, but you could also consider that you do not know how he conducts himself with everyone else, or with less assertive or more vulnerable women.

My point was that if the power balance is seriously skewed in their favour, because they are a police officer and you are not, then it matters little what your level of tolerance for pervy behaviour is. You made a fair point that his behaviour towards you does not necessarily denote that he behaves in that way generally, but you could also consider that you do not know how he conducts himself with everyone else, or with less assertive or more vulnerable women.
As a counterpoint- perhaps he was able to be vulnerable enough to show his naughty side because i am an assertive woman and he wasn't worried about it being misconstrued. These comments were not made straight out of the gate... it was only after a friendship developed and he knew my personality. He did a lot of work advocating for women who are victims of domestic violence. I know some people wield their authority to benefit themselves/their ego but he is a good guy... i just got to see a skooch of the dirty boy.

And the NC part = north Carolina , where topless doesnt = illegal. ML said it was illegal for women to go topless where she lives. Not so where i live, but not many people know the law.

As a counterpoint- perhaps he was able to be vulnerable enough to show his naughty side
I'm thinking no to that one. :laughing:
Let's just hope you're right and that he is only a pervy sleazebag towards assertive women who enjoy that kind of thing, and love to play inappropriately clothed hide and seek. :laughing:

ArtAppreciation

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think one time I ordered nipple covers for the reason that I was trying to keep my headlights (hard nips) from showing through a top. It was more about concealment. The stupid things didn’t work and in fact just made everything look fucking weird so I got rid of them. They were sold by a company for the purpose I wanted them for... they might have been poorly made or something. Think I ordered them online.

I’ve been to some strip clubs in Daytona where the dancers wore bottoms and ‘pasties’ on their nipples. I think that’s more along the lines of what op meant, not sure. Anyway, yeah, I never understood pasties. I guess it technically means the more X rated part of the breast is covered? I just think they’re kind of weird. I figure it’s related to laws. I see celebrities who show middle cleavage and side boob but if there’s a “nip slip” their publicist will have their hands full. Maybe literally speaking. I dunno