Invisitunez for LPSG.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by invisibleman, Nov 9, 2008.

1. invisibleman

Gold Member

Dear LPSG

I have had some tunes on my MySpace page for awhile. But I was always a bit shy about serving them to the public. I had a file sharing site but when I got the nerve to upload the files: the site was no more. So...I had to look for another site to host my files.
    (LPSG: INVISI, why didn't you just use MySpace? Answer: I had a song on MySpace that was "mysteriously blocked". I couldn't load my song up again at all. Tried very unsuccessfully.

I had a tune with a sample of a man crying on it. Yeah, they (the powers that be) thought it wasn't. They thought that it was man-on-man sex and that was a no-no. And what made it so bad was that my MySpace page was private. No one in my friends list was underaged. Well, I was over with MySpace. Censorship be damned.

Thanks to MercurialBliss, Tripod, and Mr. Snakey for being supportive fans. To them, these tunes are old hat. But to you, I dunno.

QUALIFIER: You don't have to like these songs. As an artist, we don't create things in a manner for the public to like. That is always a hard sell. An artist does what he/she likes. And you what you have from those endeavors are what the process reveals.

=================

So here is the link to the song demos:

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Invisi.

#1 invisibleman, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Oooh! I don't know why I've never heard these, but I'm listening now. Anywhere = great beat, and intricate rhythm. What kind of DAW do you use?

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

INSIGHT on "Anywhere" and for the process of songwriting: You know that I am a big fan of Cocteau Twins and kinda sorta on the hiphop thing. :rolleyes:

So, I wondered: What would happen if I combined a Robin Guthrie-sque shoegazey type guitar part (and I do like Robin Guthrie's guitar sound but I used my own chord progressions) with a urban soul beat? And I was watching David Lynch's MULHOLLAND DRIVE all at the same time. And "ANYWHERE" was being composed and everything fell into place.

I use a CAKEWALK DAW version of a SONAR deviation with the soft synths. I have some good string and synth samples in it. I did a lot of pre-production with audio editor software. And me just sampling my keyboard and guitar parts and arranging them.

That is what I do.

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

INSIGHT on "DOWHATCHAWANNADO". I wrote this song after being abruptly dumped by my ex. I was soooo hurt.

So, there I was at my MIDI controller and my PC fired up. I was so hurt that I couldn't come up with the words for the damn song. I decided to write how I felt. I played a synth part and I was like..."DAMN!!! That sounded good." I had a drum part in my PC. I was like that should go with that synth part. And then I played my Telecaster running it through my ZOOM effects processor. And everything started to fall into place. I had the main hook done for the day and I listened to it for a week. Decided to write something without words. That way, if I wanted to play it live I would be able to without association. When you associate lyrics with songs, you imprint them with those your thoughts and that isn't good...at least not for me. So, I decided to write all my songs without lyrics. (Plus I can't sing worth a damn. :biggrin1:)

Addition: I had this whole song up on my MySpace page for a long while. I didn't take it down because a LPSG member named <mercurialbliss> really loved and supported it so I left it up because she would've shipped me a little person in a box with an AK-47 to mow me down and ass fuck every piece of carnage of all that is me if I were to have taken it down.

#4 invisibleman, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  5. invisibleman

Gold Member

INSIGHT on "BRIGHTER DAY". I had this song hook that really reminded me of an improvised version of OutKast's "Hey Ya". I decided to hold off on that hook.

One late night (early morning), I was working on some pre-production. I had samples of a woman speaking a phrase from an old Saturday cartoon show. I thought that that was fucked up sounding so I sampled it in part not in whole.

I used a beat from my DAW and some looped sources. It was wild sounding and barebones. So I used that song hook I had but without its beat. And things were falling into place. Then, I rewrote the chord sequence to the old song hook and it sounded like a really cool song.

This is part of my writing process in the studio. I sit down at the MIDI keyboard and play stuff. Or I have a guitar with my effects pedals. I play stuff. If I like the stuff I put down, I record the part into my audio editor in my PC.

I am not a Steve Vai or a Prince style lead guitarist. I am not Rick Wakeman on the keyboards. I do musical things like Asche and Spencer does. This is why I like film composers. You can get ideas on harmony. Melody. Rhythm. If I find music I like. I imitate it or use my stock sound and use it in that manner. Or I would use the manner in which the artist did it but I would do things differently and approach it with my sound.

6. invisibleman

Gold Member

Dear LPSG...

Here is a second set of Invisitunez.

:eek: SURPRISE ADDITIONS :eek:: You will hear what I sound like. And I have some samples of Rikter8 and AlteredEgo from LPSG.ORG taken from "LPSG Voices" thread in some of the files. I have included my entries from the LPSG Voices because for some reason they were deleted somehow mysteriously.

=======

Here's the link to Invisitunes two: Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

=======

Enjoy,

Invisi:smile:

7. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I love EDM, and this is definitely good stuff. Some minimal and some funky, too!
    Really liked Dowhatchawannado (the funky) and Mysterieux, it reminds me a bit of The Other Side by Paul Van Dyk (Deep Dish remix), which is like one of my favorite songs ever. ;)

Nice work, Invisi!

8. invisibleman

Gold Member

Wow. Thanks. I am glad you like those. I have a bunch of tunes in my hard drive though. Not as prolific like Tripod said. I write simple though.
    I am trying to learn some gospel chord sequences but not for gospel tunes. But for love ballads.

9. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like them all but "Dowhachawannado" is still my favourite. A tune that is best cranked out of my car's Bose speakers on a bright, cloudless day. Thank you for the link. :smile:

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    A break-up song? I didn't know that. :eek: For me, it's one of those rare tunes that just makes me feel good no matter where I am or what i'm doing.

Would've had them scrape the bits of ass-fucked carnage and ship them back to me. :tongue:

Unfortunately it's no longer on my page. Tom must've taken it off. Grrr. Can I still download it from your page or was that the blocked song?

11. invisibleman

Gold Member

Dear MercurialBliss

Well, first of all, I want to say that you (and other LPSG mems) can download "Dowhatchawannado" and other Invisitunez here at this thread and save in in your personal Music folder on your PC for your personal perusal and as well as the other tunes I upload.

Now about that blocked song..."Dowhatchawannado" wasn't the blocked song in question.
    I had a song called "Havana". It had a sample of a guy sobbing on it. And it had drum loops from my MadPlayer (MadWaves ..:: Interactive Music and Video for Web & Mobile Applications) . I played some music on top of all that.
    I uploaded it in MySpace and it was up. Playing regularly until a week later the song was taken down. (Not to mention that both of my MySpace profiles were private. I had NO underagers as friends either.) I even wrote MySpace to inquire about what happened to my song and who took it down. And they said that it had inappropriate content. And they said it was sexual. I was like "What is sexual about a man sobbing?" That is what the sample was. A guy sobbing. So I kept on trying to reupload "Havana" again. Twice unsuccessful so I decided that I would take all of my music content off (maybe that is why "Dowhatchawannado" was offline, MB.) And try third-party avenues for people to listen to some of the music I create.

About "Dowhatchawannado", yeah it was a breakup song. There is good in not putting any lyrics to breakup songs. See, MB? You liked it and you felt happy listening to it. And you didn't EVEN know that it was a breakup song. Hehehe. Boy, I even had lyrics to it but decided that it would be best to leave alone as is. The benefit of a bad breakup is you can write a song without lyrics and people may even like it.

Invisi

#11 invisibleman, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

You know my favorite is Brighter day. I've been after you for a long while to put your songs up. Im so glad you did. Now everyone can hear how talented you are.:smile:

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Wow, amazing! Love um!

14. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have been listening to these tunes NONSTOP!!!!!

They are just REALLY good man... they are totally original too. I used to be into electronica about 10 years ago (I have been listening to Jean Michele Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, The Art of Noise and Kraftwork since I was an early teen though). After DJ Shadow put out "Endtroducing"... I was intrigued by Electronica and started buying Crystal Method, FLUKE, Daft Punk etc. After DJ Shadow put out the UNCLE album and the new Portishead album sounding worst than "Dummy", I began to lose interest. So maybe it does sound like something current that I don't know about, but I don't think so. The hardest thing to do these days... is to sound like yourself.

Your personality comes through your music... you can tell just how cool of a guy and how unique you are by listening to these tunes.

Great beats man... it isn't easy to craft beats that are fresh and original and I have never really heard those beats before!!!

There is nothing better than a guitar player who sounds like a keyboardist. Guitar synths are not as cool as using regular effects to transform the rather conservative instrument into a dreamy and otherwordly one. You have achieved this and the results sound AWESOME!!!!

The best thing about your music is all of the colors... your music has such bright and vivid blues and greens. The songs have such a fresh breeze vibe to them, they sound like they were written on the beach in the Carribean!!!! Listening to the music just transports me to a place with crystal clear blue waters and beautiful people... of which none are available where I live.

Kudos to your talent and effort Ian, I just fucking LOVE the tunes!!!

I give your music FIVE dancing bananas: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I want a better bitrate though.

15. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

i love them they are great. you are really good. more please:wink:

16. invisibleman

Gold Member

LPSG--

I have more but here is two more in
    this set of Invisitunez three.

The Bonhomie was a hard club tune I did when I was into hard house. I used to do remixes for a studio in my locale. But I changed some things from the original so as not to drive you batty.

Remote Viewing (Sightseeing) was a tune inspired by the radio show "Coast-to-Coast AM with George Noory".( www.coasttocoastam.com ) I like the topics of the paranormal. UFOs. Ghosts. Psychics. Etcetera. I really liked the subject of RV...remote viewing. Look it up in Google. Remote viewing. It is really interesting. :biggrin1:

If you have seen my studio...all this stuff was recorded in a basic PC setup and with barebones studio gear. I didn't use PROTOOLS. I used BROTOOLS. Hehehe.:rolleyes:

==============

Here is the link: Invisitunez three: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=103ca08d1298f401ab1eab3e9fa335ca3cad93345cfe50d3

==============

I can't wait to let you hear my tune===>Matt Damon:eek:. You would really flip out.:smile:

Invisi

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

I liked BRIGHTER DAY too. The earlier versions of BRIGHTER DAY sounded like OUTKAST'S "HEY YAH". So, I was working on it and the version we love is shining on here in this thread.

Thanks. I have a lot more tunes. And some are just ideas in the hard drive. I love a lot of sounds. Harmonies more than the melody. Harmonies can really express emotion.

There is Invisitunez three:rolleyes:...somewhere in this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted