Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It would probably make make sense to just get in touch with an apple representative but I already tried and they weren’t much help.

I’m having an issue with my iCloud backup where it is way too large for some reason. I have the 50GB Icloud data plan but my backup is well over 200 GB. It was over 200GB previously before I decided to reset my IPad to factory defaults. Ive since started setting up my iPad again with the latest Backup (which was from August 28, since I haven’t been able to backup since) and the backup is still saying 205 GB.

It doesn’t make any sense. Ive added up all the sizies for the apps and data I’m backing up and it barely adds up to 2 GB of combined data. I am also backing up my photos via ICloud Photos, but they are only taking up about 7 GB of data. That’s a combined ICloud storage of 9 GB, I have about 40 GB of ICloud storage.

Has anyone dealt with this before or know what the issue may be?

I’d like to add that I previously had an IPad Air and recently switched over to a 2018 IPad Pro ( refurbished from walmart). I did what everyone does when you get a new apple product; I basically just transfer all data/settings from my older device to my new one.

Am I missing something here? All my ICloud backups on my IPad Air were fairly small (never over 5 GB I would say)