iPhone 3G vs Samsung Behold vs blackberry curve

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by galaxus, Aug 30, 2009.

1. galaxus

galaxus Member

Ok. So my T-Mobile contract ran out. Here are my options:

1) buy a Samsung Behold for $60 and stay with TM for another 2 years.

2) buy a BB Curve for $100 and stay with TM for another 2 years.

3) buy an iPhone 3G for $100 and go with AT&T for 2 years.

Now I'm not really phone savy. I really just want a phone so I can talk and message. The first cell phone I got in my life was a very basic phone, and that was 2 years ago. EVERYONE tells me to get AT&T too.

I got TM because it was cheaper but I can afford either plan. The only thing that I don't like about TM is that I don't get service in quite a few areas in East Lansing and Flint. But I always just dealt with it. I heard AT&T is a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for.

????????????????????

2. B_Dustydo

B_Dustydo New Member

I have heard bad things about iPhones and after all the palaver I'm going through with my iPod I'm avoiding anything "i" like the plague.

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I LOVE my Iphone, but if all you want to do is make calls and message I'm sure you'd be better off going with something cheaper.

4. ricki876

Gold Member

Albums:
    Minds well get something besides the phones you listed.. anybody with an iPhone is gonna use a boatload of data

All those phones require a data plan.

5. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you end up making the jump to a smartphone, go straight for the iPhone and don't look back.

Yeah, all the apps written for it can make it do a lot of non-phone things, but the kicker is when you want it to do basic stuff, like look up someone else's phone number during a call. My parents can't figure out how to do it on their older, "basic" phone, but on the iPhone, there's a Contacts button that appears onscreen during a call.

I didn't get my first mobile phone until 2001, which was a Samsung 8500 flip phone -- no camera, small black & white screen. Moved on to another Samsung, then a Sanyo, then something else (I think), then a Blackberry Pearl. As I was going into each switch, I wanted another feature set; I'd think, "It sure would be nice if I could do this-and-this with my next phone..." My iPhone replaced my Pearl, and I couldn't be happier.

As far getting a basic phone... hmm. One of my coworkers has a Motorola F3, a small, thin phone that has an e-ink display like you'd see on an Amazon Kindle e-book reader. It's small, light, and the I totally dig the display technology, but, oddly enough, it'll take more time to figure out than an iPhone.

Draft saved Draft deleted