iphone 4g

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Apple is REALLY good at making sure their product specs don't leak to the general public before the release date. The fact that this was "found on a bar floor" just doesn't sit well with me. Even with pictures, knowing Apple's track record I can't help but think this is just a rumor. People have been known to create their own visual prototypes as to what they wished the new Macintosh product would look like. Some of them look really impressive too, as in the case of the rumored PowerBook G5.

General rule of thumb... until Apple actually makes it public, it's all speculation.

Last edited:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
General rule of thumb... until Apple actually makes it public, it's all speculation.

For sure. But maybe a "controlled leak" perhaps? I mean those dudes took that thing apart and it doesn't look like a cheap knock off. Also it was left in a case designed to look like a regular ol 3gs, as they have to test the prototypes out in the "wild". Could be a pretty awesome hoax but it kinda looks legit to me, I like the "industrial" look. Dudes get drunk and lose their phones, I'm sure 1,000s of iphones have met the same fate.

How Apple Lost the Next iPhone - Leak - Gizmodo

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what up now Gillette!!!!
Preeeetty.

I like this design much better than previous models and the new back could be the touch sensitive interface that's been rumoured. That would be sweet.

Negatives:
Smaller screen - are they kidding? That's just dumb.
Again with the micro SIM card? At least that's one thing that will pair with the iPad...maybe. You know AT&T will want you to pay for separate plans.
Conveniently, it's bricked so there's no word on performance. Multitasking is still a big question mark.

I'm still not seeing a removable battery nor SD slots.

All in all, as shown, it still falls short of what I want in a phone. I might (maybe, possibly) compromise on the expandable memory if the battery were removable but for a smaller screen? Unlikely.

Not a bad time to "leak" the info of a new phone as people look at the driod as a better phone.
Seriously. "Lost", indeed. More like a deliberate tease.

The device is bricked, supposedly by Apple, so they know nothing further can be leaked about it. If they wanted to maintain their air of secrecy all they'd have to do is not respond and we'd just chalk this up as being another prototype hoax. By acknowledging it they're whetting the consumer's appetite in hopes they'll hold off on getting another phone before Apple's newest hits the market.

Sadly this will likely work on most people because Apple has successfully gotten people to believe that the iPhone is a status symbol. I could understand the hype it it teleported you right next to the person you're calling but it doesn't. It's just a phone. It's a nifty phone but a phone with certain drawbacks just like any other.

Not a passport to the future, folks. Just a phone.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Preeeetty.

I like this design much better than previous models and the new back could be the touch sensitive interface that's been rumoured. That would be sweet.

Negatives:
Smaller screen - are they kidding? That's just dumb.
Again with the micro SIM card? At least that's one thing that will pair with the iPad...maybe. You know AT&T will want you to pay for separate plans.
Conveniently, it's bricked so there's no word on performance. Multitasking is still a big question mark.

I'm still not seeing a removable battery nor SD slots.

All in all, as shown, it still falls short of what I want in a phone. I might (maybe, possibly) compromise on the expandable memory if the battery were removable but for a smaller screen? Unlikely.

I think the screen is smaller by a fraction of a millimeter, and it's double the resolution.

And, well, multitasking is being implemented in the new iphone 4.0 ;
How Multitasking Works in the New iPhone OS 4.0 - iPhone - Gizmodo

Gizmodo says it looks like there is a removable battery in this new prototype;
iPhone 4G May Have Removable Battery | CoolTechZone.com

I agree the design is way better than the current line of iphones, when you see them pictured together it makes the current iphone look like a piece of space junk.

You wanted a sim card slot and now you have one right? It may have taken them 4 versions and I'm sure they will still manage to leave something out that you will want to have in the next revision but I digress...Any other complaints? By the way, what kind of phone do you use? please dont tell me a blackberry...... :tongue:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But is is preeeetty
Aye, that it is.

I think the screen is smaller by a fraction of a millimeter, and it's double the resolution.

And, well, multitasking is being implemented in the new iphone 4.0 ;
How Multitasking Works in the New iPhone OS 4.0 - iPhone - Gizmodo

Gizmodo says it looks like there is a removable battery in this new prototype;
iPhone 4G May Have Removable Battery | CoolTechZone.com

This phone was bricked so multitasking performance is still speculation. They'd be idiots not to have it but I'm not going to congratulate them on the improvement until I see the real deal.

Gizmodo say's it "looks like" it will have a removable battery in the article you linked but there's no mention of it during disection of the "lost" phone. Again, until the finished product is released we won't know.

I agree the design is way better than the current line of iphones, when you see them pictured together it makes the current iphone look like a piece of space junk.
I dunno. I really liked the look of the shiny metal back of the other models and the curve is aesthetically pleasing. But that's for looks; for use I didn't like the curved back.

You wanted a sim card slot and now you have one right? It may have taken them 4 versions and I'm sure they will still manage to leave something out that you will want to have in the next revision but I digress...Any other complaints? By the way, what kind of phone do you use? please dont tell me a blackberry...... :tongue:
SIM stands for Subscriber Indentity Module. It has memory for contacts and maybe SMS messages but not for files.
SD stands for Secure Digital which is for storing files of various types. It's this type that I want and the new iPhone hasn't been shown to have it.

No, I don't have a crackberry.

Right now I'm using a phone that's ancient by cell standards. It's an HTC P4000 (Mogul) but it's running a developers clone of windows mobile 6.5 (fast & purty). Kinda like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFF935V_mk

It's a little blocky for my tastes but I needed something with a slide-out keyboard until my contract renews because I have a few friends who can't be broken of texting. (Fuckers. It's a phone. CALL!) Prior to this I was using an HTC Touch (WM 6.1) which was great for my needs (until the text fiends).
HTC Touch (Unlocked) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Before that an Apache - Audiovox PPC-6700 (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Before that a Harrier - Audiovox PPC-6600 / PPC-6601 / XV6600 (HTC Harrier) Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

Aaaand my first phone - Review of the Sanyo SCP4500

I sometimes miss the days when I could throw my phone in a fit of temper.

Last edited: