Iraq DEMANDS US out of their country in two years

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
There is NO occupation---we a training the Iraqi troops NOT occupying. It is against US policy to occupy so we are NOT!:mad:

Oh really ? I wasn't aware of the fact that it's educators you've been sending to Iraq.
What would you call it if USA was taken over by a foreign power and were "training" you in the new way of doing things ?

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The US probably asked the Iraqi government to tell them to get out so that the pullout would have weight as the will of the Iraqi people rather than being perceived as a retreat.

green26

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They didn't want us there in the first place, good for them telling us to get out, now we can stop throwing billions of dollars away killing innocent people

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
So what you are saying is you will not pay for your share just because the Iraqi government has invited guests?

If you are referring to guests showing up in the middle of the night, bombing and killing, and who don't know when they have outstayed their "welcome"

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The money and lives spent today will be well worth it in the future. Spreading democracy is worth it in the long run.

We were in a perpetual state of war after the first gulf war, bombings and no-fly zones, etc. The people that were against the invasion never seem to suggest what we should have done about that. Just left and not enforced the treaties from the first gulf war?

And not everyone in Iraq wants us to leave, in fact probably only a small percent want that. People in Iraq would not feel safe if they spoke out and said they wanted us to stay. They won't get threatened if they say in public they are against us staying. The people that want us to leave are the same ones that don't want freedom and want to intimidate the other citizens there.

If 4000 deaths is a lost war, then we totally lost World War II.

D

deleted136887

Oh really ? I wasn't aware of the fact that it's educators you've been sending to Iraq.
What would you call it if USA was taken over by a foreign power and were "training" you in the new way of doing things ?

Well if you get your facts straight, the US is in fact occupied: by a cabal of lunatic right-wingers making a "killing"(financial) out of the war. What amazes me is the weapons of mass deception. Mainstream media NEVER even refers to it anymore, and that was the rationale behind the war. Fact of the matter is the US requires a bogeyman, Sadam was the fall guy. He had no links to AQ. Who next? Watch out you guys in Denmark,
Aquivit may well be declared Weapons of Mass Bullshit and you too will get fucked over by educators teaching you how democracy works(Power comes out of the barrel of a gun: Was that Mao or Bush?)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bush wants to ensure that all that lovely OIL is nice and safe and protected and wants a hand in Dictating just who is number two dog (Bush himself being nuber one ...of course).

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The longer the US stays now, the harder it will be for the current government to maintain any authority afterwards. I don't think it's disrespectful, you need a to do by date.

The hit squads will stay though.

atomicTIGER

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The money and lives spent today will be well worth it in the future. Spreading democracy is worth it in the long run.

We were in a perpetual state of war after the first gulf war, bombings and no-fly zones, etc. The people that were against the invasion never seem to suggest what we should have done about that. Just left and not enforced the treaties from the first gulf war?

And not everyone in Iraq wants us to leave, in fact probably only a small percent want that. People in Iraq would not feel safe if they spoke out and said they wanted us to stay. They won't get threatened if they say in public they are against us staying. The people that want us to leave are the same ones that don't want freedom and want to intimidate the other citizens there.

If 4000 deaths is a lost war, then we totally lost World War II.
I hate to disagree but I have several relatives and friends that have been over there for years and this is what they say. It is not a small minority who want the US Americans out--its is nearly ALL Iraqi people who feel life with Sadam wasn't great --BUT it was much better than it has been for the last 6 years. They almost all argee at least before Sadam was taken out at least it was a life--now it is a living hell everyday. So no one including me says Sadam was a good leader--he was a evil evil person-he got what he deserved --but with no plan for Post Sadam and still no possible solution in site at all--was it worth it--probably not. I have know in my life many Iraqi people from being in the military myself--we have had many many long talks about the Iraqi people years before the first Gulf War and one thing is very clear about the beliefs of Iraqi's. The thought of Democracy is hateful! It is totally against everything they believe in to their core. Their whole minds are based upon their religion and government being on in the same. I probably am not saying this 100% correct but that is the idea. If only Bush had this little bit of knowledge before invading and trying to force Democratic government on them which they despise to their very core. It would be like China invading the US and saying will MUST become communists(and since their government is and always will be tied to their religion) and we all must become Buddists or some other religion--and they won't leave until they finished the job--so they can return to China as the great victor and and boast how they transformed US into their complete philosophy, religion and way of govenment. And what get me is all the people out there running around saying "OK we are there now I don't see the Dems with a good plan to get us out" That is probably the dumbest thing a person could say. Heres is a close anology-- If a person is walking down the street and see a pile of shit and steps in it anyhow after your close advisors tell you don't do it. Well after you stepped in the shit what do you do?---You wipe it off but it still will stink for quite a while. No good way out. Its going to stink and just do you best to clean up and not step in shit again--learn from that blunder. Thats all you can do. You don't KEEP steping in shit or not wipe it off and expect it to just go away as if it didn't happen. The blunder is done--No good way out--certainly no way to ever declare victory--And why would you want to declare victory when 500,000+ innocent civilians have been killed and more than 7 million displaced living in tents with no homes now? How can there EVER be victory to be proud of after this blunder? I stood at Ground Zero after 911. It makes me so so angry that the terrorists were let off the hook basically because of Bushs grandstand play to defeat a country that was already defeated. I will never forget looking at the smoldering metal--and Bush let the terrorists off. What we spend in Iraq in one week is the same as we spend going after the real terrorists in ONE YEAR!

Last edited: