Iraq...Mission Accomplished(Finally)!!!

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Yes there is a hidden agenda to a very great degree but dont disregard the fact that Iraq doesnt have the human capital and technology avaliable to extract the oil.

The technology was available in Iraq before the war. Has the technology disappeared? After five years no oil is pumping? That crooked Halliburton Co. should be fired.:rolleyes:

Halliburton Watch

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) said all contracts with Halliburton should be terminated. "Halliburton’s record of overcharging, bribery, and accounting fraud recites like a textbook example of corporate irresponsibility," he said. "Yet Halliburton has virtually monopolized contracts in Iraq and has collected over 9 billion dollars through its subsidiaries."

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You respond with the above nonsense, yet accuse me of dodging the issue, don't make me laugh.

Don’t further dodge with playing victim now. I asked for evidence we could prosecute with, not a left-wing propaganda rag with nothing but word-play. Let me make this clearer, I want evidence that can be brought before a court, not left-wing fodder designed for an Obama rally at best! There’s two sides to everything on that report and I surprised you didn’t know that! I can’t prove it but will give you the benefit of the doubt in thinking even you know there are two sides of interpretation to these allegations and you are just attempting too look smart with word-play (again).

As for the lawyers, and calling you a liar, I did no such thing; my response was based on an assumption that you would seek to obfuscate the issue (because even in the presence of a signed confession from GWB in respect of all the above allegations you would I am sure, remain in denial), thus your team of lawyers would on that basis therefore turn out to be mythical.

Again, don’t pretend to know what’s mythical with me or what I would do in certain instances when you have already been clearly told exactly what I will do as soon as you furnish some evidence. Spinning things, backpedalling, whatever ain’t gonna change anything now. Your time would be better spent seeing if you can produce the evidence I asked for but that’s just a suggestion and I’m certain the only thing you will return with is more alleged victimization and/or spin as we both know you have zero.

Also, it's only alleged clairvoyance, right? Show me irrefutable evidence and I'll get a team of psychics right on it. Your responses thus far merely underline the validity of my assumption. Like I said, it's what I expected from you. Perhaps you should run for the Senate.

Again, just spin as I clearly stated “your” alleged clairvoyant ability! Don’t do that and others will not bring it up!

Also, Clinton was impeached for perjury, not having oral sex in the Oval. The latter (to my knowledge) not being a crime.

Umm, my point was there was evidence to convict with

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don’t further dodge with playing victim now.

Dodging and playing the victim - how does that work (and victim of what)?
I asked for evidence we could prosecute with, not a left-wing propaganda rag with nothing but word-play ... Let me make this clearer, I want evidence that can be brought before a court, not left-wing fodder designed for an Obama rally at best!

I invite you to show me (us) where you asked for court 'quality' evidence.

There’s two sides to everything on that report and I surprised you didn’t know that! I can’t prove it but will give you the benefit of the doubt in thinking even you know there are two sides of interpretation to these allegations and you are just attempting too look smart with word-play (again).

Yes, there are two (or more) sides and to most arguments, and events can often be interpreted more than one way. I would have imagined that my reference to the report (and you) as impartial may have been a heads up that this was taken as read. Did you miss that, or merely misinterpret it?

I made no interpretation or assertion of validity, I merely cited a source and added a caveat that is was probably (to an unspecified degree) 'impartial'. Blithely describing it as left-wing Obama rally fodder and propaganda are characterisations of your own design, they further underscore my perception of you as a closed minded individual, one unwilling to adhere to those same criteria you would use against me.

Again, don’t pretend to know what’s mythical with me or what I would do in certain instances when you have already been clearly told exactly what I will do as soon as you furnish some evidence.

Who's pretending? Your responses thus far have been entirely predictable, I have no reason to doubt your ability to raise said team but I have plenty of cause for doubting your sincerity in making the 'offer', as already stated.

Spinning things, backpedalling, whatever ain’t gonna change anything now. Your time would be better spent seeing if you can produce the evidence I asked for but that’s just a suggestion and I’m certain the only thing you will return with is more alleged victimization and/or spin as we both know you have zero.

Such 'evidence' as is in the report would not be my evidence, I didn't present it as evidence - in part because you didn't ask for evidence (see above on that). More spin, back-pedalling and victimisation - please cite the foundation (in my written commentary) for these bizarre inferences.

Umm, my point was there was evidence to convict with

Your point was irrelevant in the context of what you asked for, hence my flippant reference. I refer you back, once again to my invitation for you to cite where and when you asked for evidence.

Also, what's with the repeated Obama references, have I mentioned him once? I've observed that invocation of Obama (as an oblique insult) is a tactic often used by those who [perhaps unexpectedly] find themselves out of their intellectual depth - or as a diversionary ploy while they attempt to extricate themselves from a situation of their own making. Sorry, that won't work with me, and you're far too obvious.

Oh, finally - I don't need to attempt it, looking smart next to you involves little effort - yes, that's the token insult I make freely available to you as your face saving escape hatch.:cool:

You're as predictable as sunrise, but far less interesting.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, stops car. There has been no warrantless wiretapping of American citizens. Not going to let you slide on that.

You have got to be kidding me. The NSA monitors all communication coming and going from the country. In 2002 Bush ordered the NSA to do just that. That's warrantless wiretapping of communications originating INSIDE the United States of American citizens:

While many details about the program remain secret, officials familiar with it say the N.S.A. eavesdrops without warrants on up to 500 people in the United States at any given time. The list changes as some names are added and others dropped, so the number monitored in this country may have reached into the thousands since the program began, several officials said.

Overseas, about 5,000 to 7,000 people suspected of terrorist ties are monitored at one time, according to those officials.
Several officials said the eavesdropping program had helped uncover a plot by Iyman Faris, an Ohio trucker and naturalized citizen who pleaded guilty in 2003 to supporting Al Qaeda by planning to bring down the Brooklyn Bridge with blowtorches.

D

deleted15807

You have got to be kidding me. The NSA monitors all communication coming and going from the country. In 2002 Bush ordered the NSA to do just that. That's warrantless wiretapping of communications originating INSIDE the United States of American citizens:
While many details about the program remain secret, officials familiar with it say the N.S.A. eavesdrops without warrants on up to 500 people in the United States at any given time. The list changes as some names are added and others dropped, so the number monitored in this country may have reached into the thousands since the program began, several officials said.

Overseas, about 5,000 to 7,000 people suspected of terrorist ties are monitored at one time, according to those officials.
Several officials said the eavesdropping program had helped uncover a plot by Iyman Faris, an Ohio trucker and naturalized citizen who pleaded guilty in 2003 to supporting Al Qaeda by planning to bring down the Brooklyn Bridge with blowtorches.

And to top it off phone companies will be shielded from lawsuits should citizens sue thinking their conversations should be private.

WASHINGTON, June 19 - U.S. telephone companies that took part in President George W. Bush's warrantless domestic spying program could be shielded from billions of dollars in lawsuits under a electronic spy bill finalized on Thursday by congressional and White House negotiators.

Under the measure, federal courts would determine if the evidence supports protection of companies from civil liability.

They would be able to dismiss a suit if there is written certification that the White House asked a company to participate and assured it of the legality of the warrantless surveillance that Bush secretly began after the Sept. 11 attacks.

U.S. Spy Bill To Shield Phone Companies From Lawsuits -- Telephone Companies -- InformationWeek

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do have a good chuckle whenever I overhear neo-con apologists claim the USA led the invasion and occupation of Iraq mainly because Saddam had been violating UN accords. That's really rich.

Since when did neo-cons ever care so much about upholding the UN's credibility? Did anyone really believe that the foreign policy hawks who advised GWB were so concerned about the UN's image that they'd be perfectly willing to spend hundreds of billions of dollars and god knows how many lives?

D

deleted15807

I do have a good chuckle whenever I overhear neo-con apologists claim the USA led the invasion and occupation of Iraq mainly because Saddam had been violating UN accords. That's really rich.

Yes the now thankfully banned 1BIGG1 always used that excuse. Of course violating the UN accords wasn't a part of the marketing of the way since the neos knew that wouldn't sell. Mushroom cloud over Manhattan. Yeah yeah let's run with that one.