Iraq Reconstruction Slammed

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
CNN.com said:
Poor construction, improper design, substandard materials and lack of maintenance have caused the failure of seven of eight U.S.-funded Iraq reconstruction projects that were recently reviewed by the special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction, according to an inspector general report. The United States is spending $37 billion on Iraqi reconstruction.

FULL STORY

Zora first mentioned this over a year ago. How can anyone say that this entire fiasco is about anything other tha fattening the pockets of people with oil, defense and construction interests?

UGH.

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It's really all quite sad. And as an American living overseas I have no plausible explanation as to just why we destroyed the country in the first place!! Other than money was there to be made by a few in the Bush inner circle.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I put a good deal of effort into it last year, when it was just the Iraqi police academy. Nobody gave a shit then, I doubt they will now.

Anyone claiming to be a fiscal conservative who still supports this administration is a piece of human excrement, and I really just don't want to get into it yet again.

We are under the domination of an administration wholly comprised of corrupt, money-grubbing tyrants. Fuck all of you who pull out any piece of shit they can find anyone else having done in the past, and using that as a FUCKING excuse as to why we should just bend over and take it from this far more organised, greedy, and effective regime. You don't get it- great. Why does the whole nation, and by extension the world, have to pay for you to continue having the right to be ignorant?