Iraqi shoe thrower to seek Swiss asylum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by houtx48, Jan 19, 2009.

1. houtx48

Gold Member

i say give him asylum and throw flowers where he arrives and free prada's for life.

2. pym

pym New Member

Yeah......o.k., but he MISSED both times!....
    Granted though....it's tough to hit a weasel.:biggrin1:

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I imagine he preferred things as they were under Saddam Hussein

(which, of course, would have meant execution for him)

will these people (or libs, for that matter) ever learn rationality?

4. houtx48

Gold Member

considering sadam's love for bush i doubt he would have shot the reporter for throwing shoes at bush. maybe you know more about it than i do.

5. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Had he preferred it under Saddam, there would've been no need for shoe-throwing

6. nakedfish

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    just what the the swiss need another fucked up muslim!

7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Nick, this is a logical fault called a FALSE DILEMMA.

Its NOT a matter of preferring Saddam OR Preferring Bush.

The man was angry about how Bush's policy of using 9/11 as an excuse for Attacking the WRONG country, just so he could give their oil to US oil interests resulting in the violent deaths of 500,000 innocent iraqis.

That is MORE Iraqi's than Saddam killed in his entire reign.

Bush COULD have done things differently.
    For example, he COULD have NOT disbanded the Iraqi army... throwing 300,000 well armed men into permanent unemployment ( Bush made former soldiers unemployable thru de-baathification polices that were insipid.)
    EVERYONE Bush sent to Iraq, from Generals, to experts in reconstruction ALL advised that disbanding the Army WOULD RESULT IN INSURRECTION.

But that trio of absolute jackasses, Bremer, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, backed by Bush, went ahead and did it anyway... and the result was the death of 2,500 additional US soldiers and the maiming of thousands more.

OR Bush could have stood with American tradition and NOT backed Rumsfeld's policies of torture and mistreatment at Abu Grhaib...

OR, he could have NOT hired mercenaries with US tax dollars to protect US corporate interests with total immunity from prosecution by either civil or military courts... which created a lawless free-for-all mentality among the private contractors in Iraq and resulted in frequent abuses agaisnt Iraqi civilians.

Bush's idiocy, his refusal to lean from mistakes and correct misjudgments, his total disregard for the expert opinion of people far smarter and better qualified than himself is the primary reason this clusterfuck even occurred, and is the proximate cuase of it being so spectacularly horrific in terms of loss of life.

Taking CREDIT for The "surge" is laughable considering the General Shinseki lost his job for saying, before the war started, that it was gonna take a lot more troops than they were thinking.

Even MORE laughable as Rumsfeld, the biggest ignoramus to run the defense department in 90 years, FOUGHT AGAINST THE SURGE... Bush's guy had to be fired before the military would even be allowed to put the boots on the ground they had been asking for from day one.

You conservative apologist scaredy cats IMAGINE that 9/11 and the deaths uncalled for deaths of 2800 innocent Americans are JUSTIFICATION for killing Iraqis who had nothing to do with it.

But consider that, Since Bush attacked Iraq, The Iraqi people have suffered the equivalent of a 9/11 EVERY TWO WEEKS.

At OUR hands.

If our 9/11 justifies this war on Iraq in your parochial mind, try to imagine what the things we have done to innocent Iraqis might justify in THEIR minds.

Safer my ass... Bush has done nothing but cripple our economy and our military and create whole new generations of people believing they have just cause to attack the U.S.

Pull your head out of your Conservative colon and RECOGNIZE the suffering that has been created by OUR government thru imbecilic policies.

What we have done to an innocent country, based upon lies, over oil, makes 9/11 look insignificant on the scale of human suffering and horror.

Fuck Switzerland... The Iraqi shoe thrower can come to the U.S.
    I would be proud to put him up.

8. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ya i doubt that obama has the balls to prosecute bush or cheney for war crimes but i definitely think wolfowitz and bremer should be sent to saudi arabia for some x-treme rendition and nobody would put up much of a fight.

look how cheney threw scooter to the dogs without flinching at all. there's no honor among war criminals, they'd take each other apart if you put them all in a cage.

oh ya, don't forget that evil m-f'er john woo, it creeps me out that he's walkin around in the general population

Draft saved Draft deleted