Ireland is named "best country"

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wednesday, 17 November, 2004, 19:27 GMT
From BBC News

Ireland is the best place to live in the world, according to a "quality of life" assessment by Economist magazine.

The country's combination of increasing wealth and traditional values gives it the conditions most likely to make its people happy, the survey found.

Ireland was followed by Switzerland, Norway and Luxembourg. All but one of the top 10 were European countries.

The USA languished in 13th, while Britain was 29th - the lowest of the pre-expansion EU nations.

More: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4020523.stm

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Wow, excellent!!!

Maybe my office wasn't polled in that survey!! :p

Have to say its a nice place to live, but dam expensive. And the weather ain't great either, but apart from those minor details...ha ha

Not surprised Britain is way down..God who'd wanna live there?? :evilgrin:

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by db03@Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM
Not surprised Britain is way down..God who'd wanna live there?? :evilgrin:
[post=325129]Quoted post[/post]​

Me.
Why wouldn't I want to live in a country where ALL the men look, act, dress and sound gay? Oh, then there's all that history, culture and beauty shit.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Originally posted by MisterMark@Jun 29 2005, 10:13 PM
Wednesday, 17 November, 2004, 19:27 GMT
From BBC News

Ireland is the best place to live in the world, according to a "quality of life" assessment by Economist magazine.

The country's combination of increasing wealth and traditional values gives it the conditions most likely to make its people happy, the survey found.

Ireland was followed by Switzerland, Norway and Luxembourg. All but one of the top 10 were European countries.

The USA languished in 13th, while Britain was 29th - the lowest of the pre-expansion EU nations.

More: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4020523.stm
[post=325125]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh well... see why I love Europe ?? B) "All but one of the top 10 were European countries." Never been to Ireland or Norway, but Switzerland and Luxembourg are 2 places where I always liked to live. Next to France... my dear, absurd, sexy and utterly mad France :)

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
huh. ireland is certainly better than the UK, but not THAT much better by any means (and as db03 points out, it's even MORE expensive, believe it or not). the Economist should probably have entitled this study "Best Place to Live in the World if You Are A Big Fat Stinking Rich Homeowner."

orionsword57:
Originally posted by MisterMark@Jun 29 2005, 02:13 PM
[post=325125]Quoted post[/post]​

Several years ago, I visited Ireland to find where my forebears had come from. I had family that came from both the North and the South, and on the way by cab from the railroad station to Armagh, the cabbie pulled into a farm yard without warning. We had no idea what was going on, but he came out of the farm house with a paper bag and presented it to us. It was filled with apples! It was also his gesture of welcome to a Hibernian. High quality!

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Jun 30 2005, 10:25 AM
huh. ireland is certainly better than the UK, but not THAT much better by any means (and as db03 points out, it's even MORE expensive, believe it or not). the Economist should probably have entitled this study "Best Place to Live in the World if You Are A Big Fat Stinking Rich Homeowner."
[post=325310]Quoted post[/post]​

Couldnt agree more..the cost of a new house here is astronomical....

To buy any sort of decent house in Dublin will set u back about a half million €.

Thats why im movin to spain too, which was number 10, so its all good!