Iron Chef is on!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have the naked chef!...What more do you want?

Honey and Pine Nut Tart

Sweet Tart Crust (Prepare the night before)

2 1/3 cup Swan Down Flour,1/2 tsp salt, ½ tsp baking powder,freshly grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon) combine in a food processor or Kitchen Aid.

1 ½ sticks cold unsalted butter cut into ¼” cubes. Add to the dry ingerdients and pulse until until mixture is sandy and no visible clumps of butter.

In a small bowl whisk together 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk (cold) ½ tsp vanilla and ½ cup heavy cream until the dough comes together, it may take a few drops of ice water

Work the dough into a ball and flatten into a disc and wrap in plastic and chill overnight.

On a floured board roll out the dough into an 11” circle and place into a tart pan with a removable bottom and put into the refrigerator to chill.

Meanwhile in a small sauce pan heat 2/3 cup honey, ½ cup sugar and 1 tsp salt and 2 sticks of butter on med heat until it comes to a boil put this in a mixing bowl and let cool for 30 minutes. Then whisk in 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk and ½ cup heavy cream.

Distribute 1 ¼ cup untoasted pine nuts over the pastry dough, pour the mixture over the pine nuts ( this mixture make a bit too much fill until nearly to the top and discard the rest)

Preheat the oven to 340 degrees, bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the both the crust and custard are med brown and the filling is still a little jiggly.

Allow the tart to cool until removing the sides of the pan, serve while warm or room temperature. The remaining should be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.

Enjoy

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
You are the naked chef but not my type. It's that muscular beefy cook I am attracted too. That's why I dated the Eastern German weight lifting chef in the 70s. They were super hairy, and had a thick beard. What was their name, oh yes. It was Betsy. Do you think she used steroids?

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From an Iron Chef nerd:

Chen Kenichi: Probably the most likeable of the Iron chefs. A great sense of humour and more concerned with flavours than presentation. His dishes appear on the plate, like autumn leaves fallen from heaven. True to Chinese culinary traditions, but sometimes outrageously experimental when dealing with unfamiliar ingredients and when challenged by idiosynscratic chefs.

Hiroyki Sakai: The master of presentation, French ingedients and cooking methods with a Japanese sensibility. Japanese/French!!! who would have thunk it! Always smiling and gracious what a charmer.

Roksaburo Michiba: The archetypal, inscutable Japanese Chef. Wouldn't crack a smile to save his life, but shows his sensitive side in the artistic presentation of his food and calligraphy. If I had it, I would pay a million bucks to dine at his table!

Komei Nakamura: Michibasan's successor...just as inscrutable, but more westenised with his cooking methods and ingredients. Undoubtedly, a great Chef but still to get a Hhandle on him. have only seen a few episodes (we're somewhat behind in Australia).

Masahiko Kobe: Who the f**k is Iron chef Italian? Never seen him cook once!

Iron Chef America: another disasterous American adaptation of a foreign TV series or movie...total crap...bring on the flamola!!!

Japanese Iron Chef = Awesome

American = Terrible

Ditto, ditto, ditto....

I loathe Iron Chef America. I refuse to watch it after I gave it a few chances.

I want gloves and capes! I want fortune tellers with better palates than most food critics! I want dim bulb starlets of the month who do nothing but cover their mouths and giggle! I want Fukui-san! I want Ota damnit!

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Whew...you had me worried....

Japan Iron Chef is the ONLY version in my mind... (I love Alton Brown, bless his heart, but he already has what 15? other shows...let him sleep in once in awhile) but Iron Chef America...nope.

(side topic- I do find the 'americanized' Wipe Out to be oddly funny tho)

and you nailed the giggling starlet comment... (and the fortune teller with the palate of distinction).

Is it me or does teh same 3 people do ALL the translating? (fortune teller = manly female voice, bimbolette= squeaky female voice)