Irony - Seeming 'Small'

canamrock: I don't mean that in the sense of being a grower either. Instead, it's a personality thing, I guess. I'm a goofy guy, pretty nerdy, and sometimes don't look all the suave and debonaire... my weight fluctuates and such. What's odd about it is that I have heard people refer to me in terms of penis size as being a 'small guy'. Now, I have the stereotypical 'signs' of being well endowed (large hands & feet, etc.), but I find it curious that somebody would predict size by the person's actions and looks. Has anyone else noticed this?

I recall reading a post of Donk's, IIRC, about wanting to exercise in small part because he wanted his body to match his cock in studliness. I must admit, I had a similar thought when I started my sessions with my trainer recently, and I'm not even as exceptionally endowed as he is. Does the penis really play that big a role in our psyche?

I wonder how men and women feel about this topic... weird as it may be, admittedly.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=canamrock link=board=relationships;num=1073377750;start=0#0 date=01/06/04 at 00:20:10]

"... I have the stereotypical 'signs' of being well endowed (large hands & feet, etc.), but I find it curious that somebody would predict size by the person's actions and looks. Has anyone else noticed this?

...I recall reading a post of Donk's, IIRC, about wanting to exercise in small part because he wanted his body to match his cock in studliness. I must admit, I had a similar thought when I started my sessions with my trainer recently, and I'm not even as exceptionally endowed as he is. Does the penis really play that big a role in our psyche?..."

[/quote]

This is no exaggeration.

I am telling the truth, here (sadly).

I spent 47 years of my life....(get it, 47 YEARS!) worrying and agonizing over my penis size! Whether this was by conscious choice or not (I still think sub-conscious), what it meant to me was a wasted life---low self esteem, lost relationships (or, lost opportunities to even try them!) and constantly retreating and being reclusive.
--Obviously NOT good.

I too, have all the "stereotypical signs" that I must be some kind of stupendously hung....tall, thin-frame, long (wiry) arms, legs, lean torso, big hands, big feet, and prominent nose....high cheek bone structure....all of the sure tell-tale signs I was "expected" to be packing big time. I assumed every woman (and man) meeting me for the first time; talking with me personally, --anyway and anyhow in my life MUST be thinking this stuff about me.

I do alot of public speaking in my work. Imagine the inner turmoil always brewing as I faced an audience!
This self-proclaimed "need" to live up to other's expectations consumed me, really. (Remember, I'm not exaggerating here.)

'Seems so foolish now, but maybe this will help someone else! This is one of the main reasons I stay in this forum--to try to help others (men and women) with their self esteem issues. I KNOW this way of thinking can paralyze and inhibit healthy living. It's terrible and, a tragedy in its own rite.

Actually, I was above average (considerably) even in my flaccid size yet, didn't even know it as I really hadn't seen other men (that often) flaccid let alone erect. I confess to being a "crotch watcher" all my life because I really was dying of curiosity to know how I really compared to other guys. Somehow though, (at some point in my life) I must have seen a guy at my height who had what I thought I should have-- (and I very obviously wanted SO badly)....something in the neighborhood of like 10" flaccid by goodness-knows- "what" in erect size! -- (maybe in the neighborhood of say, 14" I would reckon!) Now, if I could have THOSE kind of dimensions on a 6'4" frame, why then I would REALLY FEEL like I was indeed "hung". I never knew (nor cared!) about the consequences of trying to enjoy a normal sex life with that kind of appendage!

I've covered this whole notion before (and, often) in this forum to the point of (now) ad nauseum no doubt for many readers. I'm just playing up though, that yes indeed, obsession over penis size can and DOES dominate one's thinking, throughout life, and in my case, the quality of one's life. One's psyche IS most certainly involved, no doubt whatsoever.

I hated myself so badly that I even resorted to PE (about age 45!) and stayed with it for several years to get some improvement (thankfully). I'm still not hanging "stupendous", but, that's okay, now (somehow).

What's happened really I believe, are several things.
This forum for one! What a God-send to have a vehicle to discuss and learn from each other (men and women) about sex and penis issues. People need to discuss sexual matters and learn, NOT to be embarrassed and scared to get questions answered. --Where else can one go to, to delve into what we do here?

The other "positive" in my life is finally trying to accept myself and moving forward...."wisening up" if you will. Life has taught me much in the last three years especially with serious family illness, financial challenges, vocational struggles....Concerns over my penis size have somehow "paled" in comparison to many of these other (more crucial!) matters.

Finally,---recognizing that really good (QUALITY)relationships don't depend entirely on one's endowment. Those who could really make a difference in my life (as in a life mate) will tend to look at my OTHER attributes first, or at least they should. The "size" thing will work itself out later on.

So, I hope others will follow with their stories, too.
This entire issue of being "hung-up" over being "hung" is really preposterous, yet it seems to impact our lives in so many different ways...like some hidden monster always lurking, constantly rearing its ugly head.
For many, it's deeply tormenting. --It has been for me.
Still occasionally, that 'ole mean monster STILL will surface in my deep inner core...thoughts of doubt, self-deprecation, low esteem, etc. I will admit that I'm not totally through with it. Others will scoff and have--but my spiritual faith has helped me immensely. Were it not for that, I probably would have "lost it". I have been close to the edge. If anyone ever needed counseling, I certainly did, especially in young adulthood!

I suppose I am (constantly) learning that life is really too short (and too precious) to have to live in a spiraling maze over my penis size. I CAN make a choice to try to do better. And, if I'm to really enjoy my remaining time left on this earth, I must make that concerted effort. ;)

lomejorhombre: Well i believe i was a normal child until I was 10 and i caught my elder by two years brother jacking off, he was very much an exibitionist and loved to show off. However, this made me feel why not me too, and I spent year constantly comparring my size to what I thought he was. When I measured about nine inches at 14 I thought I was doing well in comparison, and on day he was talking and the topic came up and we comparred measurements with out looking, and whether it was true or not I probaly never know, but he said I still wasn't close to his length, This made me insecure and self conscious even to this day when I KNOW THAT 10 X 8 IS BIG by normal standards and has become the source of many problems in my profession. It has always been a lurking fear in my head somewhere. The only consolation I had back then was that I knew I was thicker than he was always had been since we we little kids, this is also another source of my nickname, Mr.Stout, comes from both him and the other boys in the locker room in eight grade. 8)

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=HungArnold link=board=relationships;num=1073377750;start=0#3 date=01/09/04 at 07:29:58]

"This sounds like penile anorexia - perceiving oneself as underendowed when in fact one is overendowed!"

[/quote]

Yeh. --Amusing to think about, I suppose.

NOT amusing to be living with such a "phobia" day to day....often for years on end. :(

lomejorhombre: Yeah about ten years to be exact! and by then i was about as big as I am now, then a few years later I got married and have the opposite problem

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=HungArnold link=board=relationships;num=1073377750;start=0#3 date=01/09/04 at 07:29:58]This sounds like penile anorexia[/quote]
Insert comment about making it throw up.

lomejorhombre: That would be bulimia not anorexia.   ;D :p

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=lomejorhombre link=board=relationships;num=1073377750;start=0#7 date=01/26/04 at 05:20:44]That would be bolemia not anorexia.   ;D :p[/quote]
If you're gonna nitpick, at least spell bulimia right.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
When I was a kid all I had to do was THINK about coitus and my dick would vomit stuff all over my pants.

I don't know whether it was bulimic or just plain scared.

Pecker

A conclusion is what you come up with when you get tired of thinking.

bih20: I did feel abit like this, I actually had a post about it, but it only lasted about a week for me.

It was just a bad week though, not something that has lasted me a life time. Still only 19 too.

One point though that did catch my eye was that yes there is this need to fit the perfect profile.

You see these guys, great shape, perfect bodies, perfect look, and they are well hung too.

This is something I strive for, but only because I can get there too.

I believe I am a pretty good looking guy, I am well hung, but while people say I'm skinny, I dont feel that way.

You kind of within yourself have an ideal way that you feel perfect, and even though I am the pefect weight for my height, I want to go lower, and I want to go to something that I feel more comfortable with.

I think this lack of comfort stems from being a fat child..up until grade 7 or so I was an overweight kid. In HS is really where I lost a lot of weight, and then in Grade 12, I was under the weight and skinny.

Now I dont think there is anything wrong with this per se, but there is a need to go even more and try to be more perfect.

6inchwonder: I'm a very athletic, little dicked guy, but really enjoy seeing a big, thick one...and think it's awesome when you guys with the serious meat put arrogant guys in their place

ORCABOMBER: Bender, your experiences are a model to us all. :)

I've already said it, but I did have worries about myself, I mean, I'm not tall, or particularly great in any way that I'd permanently admit to (physically at least), but dick size was one of my issues, until I came here and learnt that hey, I'm not so bad infact, looking at it, I apreciate that overally, the whole "package" is alright as well.

It's their loss. ;D

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=canamrock link=board=relationships;num=1073377750;start=0#0 date=01/06/04 at 00:20:10]

I recall reading a post of Donk's, IIRC, about wanting to exercise in small part because he wanted his body to match his cock in studliness. I must admit, I had a similar thought when I started my sessions with my trainer recently, and I'm not even as exceptionally endowed as he is. Does the penis really play that big a role in our psyche?
I wonder how men and women feel about this topic... weird as it may be, admittedly.[/quote]
canamrock: Everything I'm going to tell you is what I definitely know about a body builder who I had close relations with for six years.

During his teenage years his dick size became the focal point of his daily existence. Many 'friends' in the city wanted his company and most of them got it. The word was wide-spread.and he became more proud of his size and its adulation as the days passed by.

Soon he felt his average physique wasn't proportional to his large penis and he 'dove' into weight lifting and building muscles. He spent hours working out his body, still leaving time for entertaining his penis and the long list of buddies.

He was 25 when I met him and had 17 inch calves, 27 inch waist, a great "Y" waist to chest and 16 inch biceps.
During the 6 years we were friends he took 3 cycles of steroids and put on muscle in accordance.

What had begun as the desire to get his body in proportion to his 8.5 x 6.5 erected cock, had become the 'lord' of his being. So, yes, canamrock, penis size plays a huge role in our psyche. It can warp our psyche.

Luke