Irritating TV Commercials

cristina69

Experimental Member
Media
LMAO...HeadOn! I Love The Overacting Black Guy That Looks Like Marcellas From Big Brother...

"HEAD ON! I *HATE* YOUR COMMERCIAL BUT YOUR PRODUCT WORKS!"

Has Anyone In Toronto Seen "The Killen And Associates Debtors" Commercial? It Comes On The TV Guide Channel (Channel 5)....The Fat White Lady With Like 50 Envelopes In Her Hands At The Beginning Of The Commercial Cant Act..."Bills, Bills, I Dont Know HOW Im Going To Pay Them!" ...LMAO! And I Love How The Guy Emphasizes "TWO CONVENIENT LOCATIONS IN SCARBOROUGH!" LoL

cristina69

Experimental Member
Media
OH NO WAY!! I HATE THAT MAN! HIS ACCENT DRIVES ME INSANNNNNNNNE!

Have Ya Seen The One Where The Kids Are Trick Or Treating And He Puts 100$ Bills In Their Loot Bags? That Mans A Stoner!!!!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
god... I can think of a million. One of my biggest pet peeves. If I'm ever elected president I'm going to create a federal department of curtailing advertising stupidity, and levy enormous fines against certain advertisers. or actually enforce false advertising laws. Is there even such a thing or is this an urban legend?

A few off the top of my head...

"Hi I'm a Mac, Hi I'm a PC" ads. As snooty, irritating, condescending, and misleading/ill-informed as most Mac users.

Free credit report.com commercials. Are they actually implying that checking your fiances credit score would change your mind about marrying her? Or that somehow freecreditreport.com will be able to help you get a better car or a better job? When advertisers just start making up arbitrary reasons for you to use their product you know they have a worthless product. What the hell is their angle anyway? They advertise so damn much they have to be getting something out of this equation, so what is it?

These local radio station ads for refinancing your mortgage played on WMAL AM 630. Not many people would know what I'm talking about, but they're annoying as hell. Particularly the part where the guy says "it's the biggest no brainer in the history 'da earf" He says that in every version of the commercial.

Those car insurance commercials that try to be arty by using that annoying but trendy camerawork that doesn't focus on the speaker's face, uses weird angles, shaky handheld camera moves, extreme close-ups or out-of-focus foreground objectes partially obstructing the shot. The same infuriating bad camerawork these use in the TV show Friday Night Lights.

Commercials that try to be arty by using that squiggle-vision rotoscope animation overtop of live actors. Not even sure what they're for. Obvious sign of a bad commercial when you remember the stupid gimmick but not the actual product.

Any commercial that needlessly uses computer animation to try and look sophisticated or appealing, when the computer animation they use is so low-tech and hideous that it has the exact opposite effect, making them seem extremely cheap and aesthetically retarded.

Most commercials with actors playing doctors*

*including and especially the one for that stupid weight loss product where they say it is guaranteed to work because it's "clinically proven" or some such bullshit.

Ax body spray commercials. As if.

pretty much any and every beer commercial.

every radio advertisment ever made for Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Mark Levin. Most hypocritical, self-deluded, egomanical out-of-touch douche bags in the world.

ads for Paradise Island II. gag.

I could go on literally forever as they make stupid ads faster than I can type about them so I'll stop now.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Oliver guy sounds like he's South African, and probably is, that's where most of the diamonds in the world come from. Around here we hear a ton of Mervis Diamond Importer ads, and Mr. Mervis has an accent just as annoying and I hate those ads.

speaking of... jewelry ads... GOD I hate them. Jared. Kay Jewelers. All of them. Drive me up a freaking wall. They're all so freaking shallow... implying that the only way to a woman's heart is through purchasing little shiny rocks some African boy probably lost his hands for and that are only valuable in the first place because greedy companies like DeBeers buy up all available stock and carefully limit supply jacking up prices... also implying that the only way you can be a man is if you spend a huge chunk of your annual earnings on such a meaningless piece of crap. Also... who the fuck cares where you buy your diamond from? They all look the same. One jewelry store is the same as any other, it's insulting how much their ads imply that brand has some kind of value or that anyone out there cares. Give us something real... like you have lower prices or good customer service or lots of convenient locations... don't try to convince us of something obviously false and completely stupid such as women care if they get a rock from Jared or Kay vs. any other place. Total fantasy and we know it so stop pretending like we don't.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There's one in the "A Diamond is Forever" series.

It starts with the guy shouting his love for a woman in a crowd, much to her embarrsement, and then.......he gives her the ring.

then she turns around and proclaims her love for him...silently.

i just thought wow....what a bitch.

lemme see if i can find the commercial on Youtube.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

It starts with the guy shouting his love for a woman in a crowd, much to her embarrsement, and then.......he gives her the ring.

YES! I remember that ad. The public profession of his profound love embarrassed her... but the shiny rock made her exuberant. cunt.

There also the commercial both radio and television where a couple is breaking a wishbone, and explaining to their daughter that the winner of the contest "gets their wish." At that point the man pulls out a diamond, which I guess was the woman's wish. The man's wish? Just to be with his family. Not good enough for her, I guess.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Agree with Pecker on eHarmony adverts. My stomach churns whenever I see one.

Agree with NIC on the jewelry commercials. Love is an overpriced, princess-cut 2 carat diamond with perfect clarity. Whatev'

The Quiznos adverts with the mutant rodents that talk. Freaky and distrubing.

Kaboom! or any other cleaning product touted as an extraordinary remover of every type of stain imaginable. Notice these guys don't scream about how well it removes blood, urine, feces or vomit ...

I like the Cillit Bang Hardcore Mix though. Why can't they all be like this?

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
YES! I remember that ad. The public profession of his profound love embarrassed her... but the shiny rock made her exuberant. cunt.

There also the commercial both radio and television where a couple is breaking a wishbone, and explaining to their daughter that the winner of the contest "gets their wish." At that point the man pulls out a diamond, which I guess was the woman's wish. The man's wish? Just to be with his family. Not good enough for her, I guess.

Oh, Thank God! lol..i thought i described it too vaguely. honestly, i was furious watching that! i can't even find a link to that commercial online. damn.

and wow. did not see that second one! hilarious. what the hell are people thinking when making these? just geared toward desperate women it seems.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll probably get it for this...:spank: :chairshot: But those save the children commercials, don't get me wrong I'm all for saving the childern but come on really...how much money really goes to helping them. They show children with some makeup on to make them look poor and the fake lil getto's. :rant:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Those Wal-Mart commercials with the happyface flitting around in various costumes 'rolling back' prices used to get my goat.

For every price rollback you can be sure there's an equal or higher price rollup elsewhere in the store.

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I refuse to watch commercials. I tape most everything I watch, anyway, so I can ff thru them.

oldman9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those Enzyte ads with Smilin' Bob for "Natural Male Enhancement". They don't show Bob's (hinted at) big dick - Just that he has a mouthful of teeth.

Gramps

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

That is how a proposal is supposed to be like. You are supposed to hate her. :smile:

She gets the ring. (Actually, she proclaims what a great fuck his best friend was last night...silently.):smile: