Is 4.5 inches girth too thin?

insecureman

1st Like
Media
Hello ladies,

I am a new guy around here (just joined the forum), and by my username you can tell how insecure I am. I've been insecure about my penis for as long as I can remember now. What really upsets me though about my penis is the girth. I'm fine with the length, which is 5.9 inches NBPEL, or 6.6 inches BPEL, but the girth really makes me sad. For almost my entire life I've heard that women prefer girth more than length as it fills them up more, brings more pleasure, etc, etc. Hearing all of this throughout my entire life, I've remained a virgin. I'm too scared to go out, because I have convinced myself that I cannot satisfy/please a girl, because my girth is not enough. The average girth is said to be 4.75-5 inches, and I hear most women prefer 5 inches at least or more in terms of girth. Mine is only 4.5 inches in girth, so it's below average. I fear that my below average girth (4.5 inches) is too thin to fill a women up, and so I think that I can't satisfy/please a women.

I'm very depressed about this, and I'm just seeking advice.

Any advice will be really, really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's the girth of my vibrator. It does fine for me.

If I were you, I'd search this site for "size matters" threads. You'll find that for the vast majority of women, it doesn't. Your penis is completely normal, not too thin at all. It's the man that matters. If you spent one third of the time you spend worrying about your penis, on being interesting, you'd be meeting girls and getting laid.

Being an interesting, curious, genuine and intelligent human being is going to trump penis size for pretty much any woman out there.

Work on that. Get therapy. Or you can seek reassurance on a large penis site, obsess about your dick size, never be in a healthy relationship and never know the awesomeness of skin-on-skin fun.

Last edited:

insecureman

1st Like
Media
Hi,

I've been trying to give myself hope for many years now, but years and years of research and years and years of asking girls (in real life, on forums, etc, etc.) tell me that 4.5 inches in girth is just too thin. Most women from what I've researched and heard prefer at least average girth (4.75-5 inches). What sucks is that my girth isn't even average.

I am a virgin (never had sexual intercourse), but I have engaged in other sexual activities with women, and I've asked a ton of them about my girth, and most said it's on the thinner side. Due to this I've never had intercourse.

You are the first women I have encountered in all these years that said 4.5 inches in girth is fine. Did you actually measure the girth, or took a guess?

Thanks for the reply though.

Reactions: jiggysmalls

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My husband is 5x4 .. (smaller than you.) and I feel him just fine. We are older and we don't have sex very much any more. It is very rare when we do (he has some issues) ... but when we do... I can definitely feel him. (He's much bigger than my finger! And I have a glass dildo I use that is very thin but I love it.

Now... I have been with bigger me. Yes. There is a difference. But... I love my husband, so sex with him is amazing. (PS. He's the perfect size to play with in my mouth!)

I think you should seek some sex therapy to get over your self-esteem issues. You are trying to put every woman on earth in the same basket as needing larger. This is simply not true. You are putting too much pressure on yourself and making apologies to the girl before you even get started.

So some girls have told you "you're on the thin side" but if you had intercourse with them, they might enjoy it. (A lot of sex has more to do with what's in your mind, and your confidence level, and enthusiasm...)

You are young. Please seek help for this problem before you get to an age where you feel like you've thrown your life away because you could never bring yourself to have intercourse. Sex is good. Yes, even with a smaller, thinner cock!

EDIT: I just read LaFemme's response! Once again.... she is spot on!

Reactions: jiggysmalls

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Measured it because I was curious due to all the measuring talk around here.

So you really think that that 0.25 inch makes that much of a difference? You've researched and had a "ton" of sexual play with women that involved touching your cock, but no penetration? Hmmm.....And it all led to women telling you to your face, that you have a skinny penis?!

My! what a shallow gender we, as women we are! 0.25 of an inch....and we would refuse a perfectly good man. You must think quite poorly of us. Shadow, greedy, lusty for only the biggest and thickest. Incapable of orgasm unless a man uses his magical dick to reach special places inside that the inferior average man cannot.

A truly sad predicament to be in, really. Get help. We are really not like that at all.

insecureman

1st Like
Media
Yes, I am trying to get help. After all, that's why I am here. It makes me really good to see responses like this. It gives me some hope.

@LaFemme,

I don't say all women are like that- it's the majority I've heard or encountered that prefer more girth.

@Betty,

Is he actually 4 inches in girth? And you're saying you can feel him. Wow, that's shocking. Not being offensive or anything, but I was afraid of not being felt at 4.5 inches girth, and you can feel and seek satisfaction/pleasure with a 4 inch girth. I'm shocked.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I am trying to get help. After all, that's why I am here. It makes me really good to see responses like this. It gives me some hope.

@LaFemme,

I don't say all women are like that- it's the majority I've heard or encountered that prefer more girth.

@Betty,

Is he actually 4 inches in girth? And you're saying you can feel him. Wow, that's shocking. Not being offensive or anything, but I was afraid of not being felt at 4.5 inches girth, and you can feel and seek satisfaction/pleasure with a 4 inch girth. I'm shocked.

You will learn, if you stop pitying yourself long enough to try, that even if you had a partner who felt loose to you (which would mean you felt thin to her) you could do a sensational job getting each other off by working the angles. Go to measurection.com and search for threads about "riding high" for detailed descriptions of that particular technique. Search through MickeyLee's posts here to find some of the best descriptions of female anatomy I've ever read, and use that knowledge to steer your vessel. After all, they are correct when they say it's the motion in the ocean.

Irrespective of size, any man who thinks his dick is what gets his partner off and makes her return is a shit lover. Just awful. You should both be using your sense of fun, your intimate knowledge of each other, trial and giggly error, and practical application of your anatomical knowledge to satisfy each other and yourselves. Just like I didn't wake up one day automatically knowing how to suck a dick, you won't likely amaze your first partner. Like anyone else, sometimes your erection will be a great fit, and sometimes not. That's true at all sizes. Vaginas don't come from Snatchy's Cunts R Us. They are every bit as individual as the women within whom they are found, and the men who pursue them. The fit between two people isn't about this size being good, and that size being inferior. It's about compatibility. Read the Kama Sutra. It turns out they knew what I'm telling you thousands of years ago.

As LaFemme said, focusing on your dick has likely made you boringand robbed you of opportunities to improve yourself and your life. Get a hobby, learn a new skill. I make flowers and teddy bears out of sugar. I study astronomy in my backyard when the weather is nice, and read about it when the weather is too cold or cloudy. I make abstract art on glass. I take terrible photos of food, and try to improve my photography through books and mentoring by those with better skills. I read. I write music. I take care of a maddening old woman. I run a small business from my home. Because of this, I have things to talk about, life experiences gained in the pursuit of knowledge and skills, and relationships that enrich those experiences and my life. Not every sexual connection has been perfect, but most have been wonderful, and that's because we took care of each other AND helped each other get ourselves off. But I never would have lain with a single one of those people if they were not interesting, and fun to be around. So let that, and not your perfectly normal dick be your focus.

And when LaFemme said you needed help, she meant professional help, mental hygiene of some sort. She was right again. Your delusions tap dance on the edge of misogyny, and when you finally cross to the other side, you'll know what lonliness truly is. None of us wants that for you. Get therapy.

Final thought. Let us say you were totally correct about the majority of women, just for argument's sake. Are you trying to fuck the majority? Really? Because even if you laid with 1% of the global female population, that would still be millions (and millions) of people.

Last edited:

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yes. My husband is 5x4. We've been very happily married for 30 plus years! I was going to post what Serial Kisser said. If you are looking for support and trying to find women who will be interested in your "average" sized penis (you are not small at all)... then you are looking in the wrong place. These guys here will only make your self-image worse.

AE made some very good points and you should really give lots of consideration to what she said. No one will want to have anything to do with you when you get beyond misogyny ...

Women are far more interesting that what you have given us credit. And yes, she was right ... laughter, fun, excitement... all of those things are found in other sexual activities that may or MAY NOT!! involve your penis.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You will learn, if you stop pitying yourself long enough to try, that even if you had a partner who felt loose to you (which would mean you felt thin to her) you could do a sensational job getting each other off by working the angles. Go to measurection.com and search for threads about "riding high" for detailed descriptions of that particular technique. Search through MickeyLee's posts here to find some of the best descriptions of female anatomy I've ever read, and use that knowledge to steer your vessel. After all, they are correct when they say it's the motion in the ocean.

Irrespective of size, any man who thinks his dick is what gets his partner off and makes her return is a shit lover. Just awful. You should both be using your sense of fun, your intimate knowledge of each other, trial and giggly error, and practical application of your anatomical knowledge to satisfy each other and yourselves. Just like I didn't wake up one day automatically knowing how to suck a dick, you won't likely amaze your first partner. Like anyone else, sometimes your erection will be a great fit, and sometimes not. That's true at all sizes. Vaginas don't come from Snatchy's Cunts R Us. They are every bit as individual as the women within whom they are found, and the men who pursue them. The fit between two people isn't about this size being good, and that size being inferior. It's about compatibility. Read the Kama Sutra. It turns out they knew what I'm telling you thousands of years ago.

As LaFemme said, focusing on your dick has likely made you boringand robbed you of opportunities to improve yourself and your life. Get a hobby, learn a new skill. I make flowers and teddy bears out of sugar. I study astronomy in my backyard when the weather is nice, and read about it when the weather is too cold or cloudy. I make abstract art on glass. I take terrible photos of food, and try to improve my photography through books and mentoring by those with better skills. I read. I write music. I take care of a maddening old woman. I run a small business from my home. Because of this, I have things to talk about, life experiences gained in the pursuit of knowledge and skills, and relationships that enrich those experiences and my life. Not every sexual connection has been perfect, but most have been wonderful, and that's because we took care of each other AND helped each other get ourselves off. But I never would have lain with a single one of those people if they were not interesting, and fun to be around. So let that, and not your perfectly normal dick be your focus.

And when LaFemme said you needed help, she meant professional help, mental hygiene of some sort. She was right again. Your delusions tap dance on the edge of misogyny, and when you finally cross to the other side, you'll know what lonliness truly is. None of us wants that for you. Get therapy.

Final thought. Let us say you were totally correct about the majority of women, just for argument's sake. Are you trying to fuck the majority? Really? Because even if you laid with 1% of the global female population, that would still be millions (and millions) of people.

You sure give good post, my chocolate goddess!

Reactions: AlteredEgo