Is 7 Even Big?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Considering the fact that tiggerwoof won't even bother with PMs from someone with under 8" (see his signature), one has to wonder why he feels compelled to reply to a thread posted by someone with 7".

Okay, can we look at a dictionary definitin of the word large? As one of the definitions for the word, Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language (Second College Edition) gives the following: of more than usual or average size, extent, or amount. Got it? Of more than average size, according to the dictionary. In that sense, a penis seven inches in length would be considered 'large', unless we assume that tiggerwoof's expertise in the English language carries more weight than that of the lexicographers that compiled the dictionary I quoted. I make no such assumption.

tigerwolf: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1076919495;start=20#20 date=02/17/04 at 23:39:31]Considering the fact that tiggerwoof won't even bother with PMs from someone with under 8" (see his signature), one has to wonder why he feels compelled to reply to a thread posted by someone with 7".

Okay, can we look at a dictionary definitin of the word large? As one of the definitions for the word, Webster's New World  Dictionary of the American Language (Second College Edition) gives the following: of more than usual or average size, extent, or amount. Got it? Of more than average size, according to the dictionary. In that sense, a penis seven inches in length would be considered 'large', unless we assume that tiggerwoof's expertise in the English language carries more weight than that of the lexicographers that compiled the dictionary I quoted. I make no such assumption.[/quote]

I don't know what's more sad.. The fact that you went and wasted your time looking that up in the dictionary, or the fact that you think that just because I'm a size queen that my opinion is instantly invalid.

Hate to say it, but my opinion is according to MANY people that I've spoken to, the general opinion of both many many gay males AND heterosexual females. My saying that 7 is not big, is based on the fact that there are a great deal of men that are 7" and its not nearly as uncommon as someone who's, say, 9" or more.

And as for the not replying to anyone who's under 8" in my pms and IM services, I tend to get at least 10-15 people PER DAY from this group and various other groups that I'm on that are under that who just want to 'admire'. Sorry, I'm into big dicks, and not being admired or being hit on by people who haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting into my pants anyways. I come on here to talk to other actually BIG guys who experience some of the same problems I do, and who like talking to someone who understands them. And fact of the matter is, as I said, I'd rather NOT puff someone's ego up claiming they're big when they're not, and then have someone go and shoot them down for 'lying' that they're big when they go out to have sex. I'd rather be honest and say, "Sure its an ok size, but its not big, and is just a bit above average."

vkngsxgd8

Sexy Member
Media
From the studies and medical texts I've read, 7 is the lower end of the larger penis scale, which in most texts was from 7-9 inches (erect) ... anything above that was stated 'in the 1 in 100,000 men range', and considered rarer or an anomaly ... since the majority of men are stated to have between 5-6 inches, I think it would be safe to say that 7 is "large" ... although from what I have seen out in the locker-rooms, and from chat in here on the web ... 7 is the new 6 :), and generationally speaking, as we all seem to grow or get larger each generation, that would seem to be true.

Doubtless_Mouse: It seems that we had this discussion not to long ago. Tigerwolf has made his position clear. To him, 7" is not big. To him and his peer groups, 7" is not big. He is allowed to think and feel this way. While I may not agree with him, it doesn't change the fact that he is allowed to think what he wants. If you read back to some of the other posts, he has even gotten a little nicer in how he expresses his opinion on size. This being said, his opinion is nothing more than that.
A few years ago a big catch phrase in buisness was Paradigm. All this really meant was a way in which we think. To break the paradigm was to change the way we think. Tigerwolf has his paradigms other people have theirs. If I find a VW bug to be a little car and you find it to be a big car, then nothing will change how we perceive that particular car. I can define small or large how I see fit, and you can do the same but it doesn't change how I see the VW bug.

Allow him his opinion, we must always have people who see things differently than us (even if we don't like it), else we run the risk of not seeing things in perspective.

Is 7" Large, by definition yes, is it huge no. did the poster ask if it was huge? No he asked if it was large. Which by the standard definition it is.

Lastly, if 7" is now being considered pretty average, then what would be considered above average. I imagine that as the scale increases, and we see more and more poeple in the 13, 14, 15 and even 17 inch range then above averge would mean 9+. This being said, Tigerwolf, if it was decided that 9 was only slightly above average would you change the way you discribe yourself. I make this point becasue you are quite a bit above what is now considered average (so by definition should be labeled Big or large or whatever), but what if you were not quite a bit above average, but only slightly above average, would it change your perspective on what is large. Please don't just shrug this question off, give it some thought. If the size of average changed (increased) the whole scale would slide to the right. This would put many people who are now considered large into a different category. Granted this isn't going to happen any time soon, but please give it some thought before you answer.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lads, Lads, let's not stray off topic here, shall we?

Btrelll, if you want to belittle someone just for disagreeing with you, then you're going to find us to be less receptive to your posts. Tigerwolf, I'd have expected a helluva lot from you even giving this frogmouth the satisfaction of responding so huffly to these posts.

But getting back to the subject at hand, yes 7 is average, and then some.

tigerwolf: Mouse:

Even though I am large at 50% over the listed average, I still honestly don't think of myself as that big to begin with. *shrug* But seriously, there are more than 1 in 100k men running around with 7 inch dicks. Just as there are more than 1 in 100k men running around with 4 inch dicks. The 6" average is just the middle of the bell curve. However, I haven't even gone as far as to say "No, fuck off, 7" is small" I just based it off of the many people who've commented to me on this topic, and the topic last time, as well as my colleagues, peers, and friends. Very very few. Even as far as less than 1% of the people whom I've spoken to, consider 7" to be big in any way. And in fact, they just say 'Its slightly larger than average".

Not all of these people are size queens. Just they understand the fact that 7" isn't in fact all that big, and many of them agree with me on the stance of the not setting a person up for a fall. I get many people messaging me from this group even on my AIM and yahoo who say, "We totally agree with you, Tiger." but they don't want to say anything for fear they might start a flame war.

Me? I'm desensitized to being flamed. *shrug* I know that most people just spew crap out at anyone who's opinion differs from theirs, whereas I come up with REASONS behind things I say that might possibly cause some controversy.

Hopefully this helps answer your question. And honestly, if the average was 9", then I'd call myself average. However, its not. The average is 6". And arguing that one extra inch is like saying that the average height is 5'8" and that someone who is 5'9" is big. Its not true, we all know it. Why flatter someone with lies when you can just be honest without being insulting, and say "Sure, its an ok size. But its not 'big'"

---

Chuck:

*rofl* I agree with you totally dude. I just am one of those types who can't let insults go. I'd rather show someone up who's outright insulting me. But yes, I think the little boy who did that.. the 'frogmouth' as you called him, should probably go troll someplace else.

Doubtless_Mouse: Massive - Good point the Topic was something entirely different than where my post was going. I know this might get me shot, but I would like to continue this discussion (if it can be done intelligently). Maybe someone can start a thread on this (What is average and the scale used). I don't even know how to start a thread so would need some help.

WAHOOWAH: i think i once read that the standard deviation of penises is about 1" with the general average being around 5.5" ---- so that means that a 7" penis is 1.5 standard deviations away from the mean or 93.3 percentile ---- for a refrence - an IQ score of 122 would be 1.5 standard deviations away (i'm pretty sure its mean= 100, std dev=15)  --- i consider a 122 IQ to be a relatively "smart" person as i would consider a person with a penis larger than 93.3% of the population to be large ---- the real question i think is whether the difference between 7 and say anything between 4.5 and 6.5 (1 std deviation away) is really noticable

Krowax: Most women I've spoken to have said they want about 7.5" as max length (girth measurements are more illusive though), so if 7.5" is the maximum most would consider they'd want in a "perfect" dick, then I'd probably say 7.1" or more is big. 7.0" is within the avarage deviation though I think. A bonepressed 7" that is.

Honestly, I don't give a shit what's large/small and what's avarage anymore, I know I can make girls cum like crazy with my dick size, and that works for me ^^.

captainstupid: i am seven inches (N11 , O11, on condomania penis measuring kit) and i dont think i am huge looks like a normal sized rod to me

blar:
Hate to say it, but my opinion is according to MANY people that I've spoken to, the general opinion of both many many gay males AND heterosexual females. My saying that 7 is not big, is based on the fact that there are a great deal of men that are 7" and its not nearly as uncommon as someone who's, say, 9" or more.

you have a point there i heard 5-7 was considered "normal" i also heard from women that a inch difference was not noticable....interesting thread

tomarctus: My cock is 7 x 5.5 and I consider it only large-average. The operative word there is average. So what? I'm doing PE now for my own pleasure and gratification. If I gain girth and length I will be happy. If not, so be it.
I have no problem with tigerwolf prefering dick larger than his. I'm the same way. As a gay guy I've been turned down by more men than I can count because my dick wasn't big enough. I had to develop a thick skin about that. Sure, it bugs me sometimes, but what can I do about it?
I am gratified when a guy with a big dick actually wants to have sex with me. I have a big dick fetish and love to be able to fulfill my fantasy. That is very rare, so most of the time I enjoy my partners for their other qualities. The rest of the time I simply jackoff by myself.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Frankly adjectives like 'normal' and 'average really mean squat when it come to many things, penis size being one.
Most of the studies have serious flaws in sampling and or measurement techniques.
Saying something like most guys measure somewhere between 5 and 6 inches probably is as acurate as you can get and this is based on many different locker rooms over the years where entire classes had to shower and eventually a very high percentage pulled a boner. So yes 7 is bigger than a lot and yes in some groups there are a couple 8 or 9s and rarely one even longer.
'Big' in essence is relative and subjective. A fat 6x 6 looks big to me a thin 7x 4 doesnt and it also depends on the body that comes with it.
If you read any stories someone is always whipping out an 8" dick which is a couple of inches shorter than the 10" one belonging to the author.
Reasonably well hung guys are generally less hesitant to show the goods so maybe we get to think this is typical but there are a lot of hunks out there on the short side of 5 so all this to say 7 is longer than a lot of guys and if there is decent beef, bigger!!!!!!

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last night I asked a couple of g/fs what they thought about 7" as being large or average or what. Their response was "You guys get angst over the most stupid things. Seven is definitely adequate, but what is important in sex (casual or committed) is the package. More important than size are things like consideration, the smile, expressiveness [so shout baby!], inventiveness, daring, and meeting your partner's need. The only advantage that a large guy has is that they are used to lots of foreplay before the action can begin; perhaps, others should take a hint from the endowed."

This is a little off topic, but for many of us, getting and sharing pleasure is what a penis is all about.

jay

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=jay_too link=board=meetgreet;num=1076919495;start=20#33 date=02/20/04 at 11:25:06] for many of us, getting and sharing pleasure is what a penis is all about.
jay[/quote]
Tis wise to point this out, jay_too. It's considerate to be thankful for the 'guy', regardless of its size. It's indeed rare for anyone to fall 'out' of love because of dick size. Perhaps if the lover has grown accustomed to a humongus penis, lots of adjustments will have to be made for one that is only a water spout, but the power of love is strong and can overcome lots of hurdles. ;)

Luke

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, Tiger, 5'9" is average for males. The average male weight, though, is 155 lbs. For females, it's 5'6" and 125.

I never thought of any man under 6'3" as tall, though. I have similar standards for women, about 6'1".

Speaking of condomania, I just printed one out; I'm G21, so I guess there are condoms out there for me. LOL

tigerwolf: Ugh. Condoms. *shudder*

But yeah, you understand where I'm coming from as well jon. I'm glad to see that this has returned to being an intelligent conversation. :)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, I grew up around tall skinny people, so that biased my ideas about height. (Height varies by region in Indians: Most eastern tribes are taller, but western tribes are shorter.)

As far as condoms go, when you're straight, even if you're 100% faithful, there's a little thing called 'pregnancy' to worry about: My GF refuses to take the Pill because it screws up female hormones. (And besides which, it's the one contraceptive that you have to take every day, regardless of whether or not you have any chance of getting lucky.)

When it comes to HIV, simply being picky about your sex partners does more than condoms.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Anyway, I went back and measured again, and I got a 22, and the G's leave about an inch uncovered. (And I was so close.)

tigerwolf: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1076919495;start=20#37 date=02/20/04 at 21:30:44]Well, I grew up around tall skinny people, so that biased my ideas about height. (Height varies by region in Indians: Most eastern tribes are taller, but western tribes are shorter.)

As far as condoms go, when you're straight, even if you're 100% faithful, there's a little thing called 'pregnancy' to worry about: My GF refuses to take the Pill because it screws up female hormones. (And besides which, it's the one contraceptive that you have to take every day, regardless of whether or not you have any chance of getting lucky.)

When it comes to HIV, simply being picky about your sex partners does more than condoms.[/quote]

Oh thank god someone with brains on this topic. My doctor said the exact same thing. "Condoms aren't going to protect you from aids, dear.. Being careful whom you sleep with, making sure you get regularly tested, and ensuring that the people you're with are tested is the safest way. Despite the claim of 99.9% protection, its in all actuality about 50%. You're playing with fire with or without a condom if you're with someone who has aids."

He is the man I respect most in the medical field. Honest about it.