Is a normal friendship possible between gay and straight men?

Gabriel

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
While I'd like to flat out say yes, there are many acceptions. First off, a lot of gay men prefer not to tell people they're gay at first. It was hard for people to tell I was gay, and I never told anyone until senior year of high school. Even then some of my friends ditched me. I've fallen for some of my friends, and sometimes, there is the awkwardness of watching a movie with male nudity where my fried'll nudge me and say "Hey, that make you bone up?" It's mainly the same friendship, only more open, and we joke a lot about it. There are some I go to about relationship problems, and some I know don't want to hear about it. If you get a gay friend, and you don't want to hear about his boyfriend problems, make sure you tell him that as nice as possible...otherwise...he WILL tell you every detail. Well, some will, some won't. You get the point. I'll stop rambling now.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
findfirefox said:
Can a straight man have a normal friendship with a woman?

Think about it that way and I think you'll have your answer.
possible but not very likely.

there's also a flaw in your comparison. In a hetero male/hetero female friendship, there's a stronger chance feelings could develop on either side, and if they did, a stronger chance that they would be reciprocated.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
possible but not very likely.

there's also a flaw in your comparison. In a hetero male/hetero female friendship, there's a stronger chance feelings could develop on either side, and if they did, a stronger chance that they would be reciprocated.

Point taken.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
dcwrestlefan said:
every cool straight man should have a gay friend. it impresses women. it shows yer open minded and secure about your sexuality. and it gives us someone to take to a football game etc should the desire arise.

and we'll tell you when your clothes are not working.

non homophobic straight men rock. :smile:

I've seen that many gays have some gorgeous female friends, don't these hangers on become tiresome when all you want is a bit of cock?
I'd gladly offload them for you!:biggrin1:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Mkymkus said:
So the question seems a little wierd. I suppose it is possible in theory that you don't have any gay friends. Just hard to imagine, if you live on the earth.
On this earth some of us move in circles where there are very few gays or there are only closet gays that we don't know about.
I work in the automobile industry. I have only seen 2 gays in the 10 years that I have worked there.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mkymkus said:
So the question seems a little wierd. I suppose it is possible in theory that you don't have any gay friends. Just hard to imagine, if you live on the earth.

I don't have any openly gay male friends. But... there is only a very small handful of people I actually consider my "friends." Of those, the ones that are male, I'm thinking of maybe 4-8 people. I wouldn't care if any of them were gay or bisexual, but from what they've told me, they're all straight.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
dongalong said:
I've seen that many gays have some gorgeous female friends, don't these hangers on become tiresome when all you want is a bit of cock?
I'd gladly offload them for you!:biggrin1:

when i want to be around straight girls/guys etc, i hang with them. when i want to be with gay guys, same thing. pick and choose the crowd. sometimes they even mix. gasp. the social situation is not ALWAYS about sex. :smile:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My answer is definitely yes. But it was not always so.

I have evolved since high school when I admit, succumbing to weakness to adhere to peer pressure, I avoided hanging with a childhood friend who probably could have used my support and friendship. But I bailed. I felt shitty about it. But that is the past now.

He's gay, has somewhat "feminine" mannerisms, and had a rough ride through his late childhood and teens because of taunts and ill mannered louts making jokes about him.

When we were in elementary school I was a steady friend and defender. We were bright kids and were involved in student council, were altar boys, and had interests in theatre and art. He just could not play sports well, so there we had no common ground. There were 6 girls and 4 boys including myself who used to meet regularly to plan and write and perform comedy skits and a school play. (He has gone on to achieve noteworthy success in the entertainment industry). We were the seemingly wholesome overachievers in a typical rural community.

As a teen we bused to the city high school, and there I gradually distanced myself, not because of any sexual attraction either way, but because I lacked the character and self confidence to not care what my other friends (the typical teenage asshole hetero ones) thought of me hanging out with him. So he chummed mostly with the girls and the theatre arts types in high school.

We have talked a few times in our 30's and 40's, generally when we saw each other in our hometown at Christmas, or when we both lived in the same city and both had ailing or dying parents. We reached out to connect and support each other. And I offered my regrets about my past failings as a friend. He was pretty gracious. He talked about how much he hated living through that period and could not wait to get out of that hellhole of a town.

I have several gay friends in my social network, but none I am particularly close with today. Actually, I seldom see my few close friends these days, being pretty isolated socially. Working at a home office and family consumes most of my time.

There are some posters here who I admire for their wit, wisdom and candour whose company I'd probably find fascinating. That includes gay, straight and bisexual orientations.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
possible but not very likely..

Are you saying that straight men can not be friends with straight women cause you want to fuck them all. Please step into reality. PoutyMcPoutpout

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
mem0101 said:
Are you saying that straight men can not be friends with straight women cause you want to fuck them all. Please step into reality. PoutyMcPoutpout
If the oppurtunity arose to have sex, it would be unatural to resist! There would have to be an extremely good reason to refuse.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dongalong said:
If the oppurtunity arose to have sex, it would be unatural to resist! There would have to be an extremely good reason to refuse.

That's Bullshit to think every straight man wants to fuck every straight woman in the world and can't be just friends. That's just machismo bullshit. (look at me I want to fuck every pussy in the world no matter how hideous the girl is)

Really, you can' be friend with any girl, and not want to fuck her. Do you have a mother or a sister?

Any man who says that he can't be just friends with a woman is a latent homosexual who is trying to deny it.

Or if not, you hate women and love pussy.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I didn't say I that I thought that every straight man wants to fuck every straight woman in the world and can't be just friends!:mad:

I meant that there has to be an extremely good reason to refuse sex in the unlikely event that it was on offer.

I know that I wouldn't hesitate with my platonic girl friends. I sometimes feel frustration in their presence, but they do offer certain advantages over normal girlfriends which I focus on to take my mind off sex.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Stronzo said:
I refer you to the Intelligence Quotient thread dongalong....:rolleyes:
I understand where you are coming from Stronzo, I think that you are right!
Can have those 75 IQ points now?:biggrin1:

Je te precise que je suis Anglais/Jamaiicain!

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dongalong said:
I understand where you are coming from Stronzo, I think that you are right!
Can have those 75 IQ points now?:biggrin1:

Je te precise que je suis Anglais/Jamaiicain!

Vraiment? C'est assez intéressant ça! Sans quéstion ça explique tout!

Mais, où es-tu né? :33:

(J'ai déjà augmenté ton numéro mon vieux il y a deux jours....)