Is a normal friendship possible between gay and straight men?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
Je t'assure qu' il y a beacoup dans le quartier du Marais (surtout Rue Vielle de Temple) à Paris.:cool:

Ou est le tableau noir?

La plume de ma tante....

4 years of H.S. French, thank you...although I forgot where the accents go, but who care when they are not needed anyway.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mem0101 said:
Ou est le tableau noir?

La plume de ma tante....

4 years of H.S. French, thank you...although I forgot where the accents go, but who care when they are not needed anyway.

That was "adorable" (pronounce with French inflection).

I believe it went; "La plume de ma tante est sur la table" no?

That took me back to second grade French classes!!! Too funny.

I think it's "table noir" since 'tableau' is a painting....

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dongalong said:
:beerchug2:
Ok Stronzo, lets have a drink at amnesia next time your in Paris? Isn't that the gay club?

Done!

Yes predominantly. But that area is rife with them. The basement or cellar level of "Amnésia" is really fun if not a bit claustrophic. It's only several doors down from where I told you I stayed last time I was in Paris.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
That was "adorable" (pronounce with French inflection).

I believe it went; "La plume de ma tante est sur la table" no?

That took me back to second grade French classes!!! Too funny.

I think it's "table noir" since 'tableau' is a painting....

Acually the teacher taught us that tableau noir meant the black board.

(which is nice to know that I can go on any street in Paris and ask people where the black board is.)

La plume line was actually form the exorcist.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
mem0101 said:
Acually the teacher taught us that tableau noir meant the black board.

(which is nice to know that I can go on any street in Paris and ask people where the black board is.)

La plume line was actually form the exorcist.
Very useful stuff - since there are black boards in front of most cafes,
"La plume de ma tante" will definitely make them speak English to you also very useful. What a great teacher you had!:rolleyes:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Do your straight friends get embarrased if you "camp it up" during an inappropriate situation and do you find that too amusing to hold back?:greddy2:
(forgive me if that is a silly question, my only reference is British TV!)

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes.

I have a very good friend who is gay...we see eye-to-eye on just about every matter except politics and who we find attractive. There is a mutual respect there that MUST be intact or it will fall apart.

I had a second firned who was gay, and I thought everything was cool until he persistently began to hit on me....that ruined things.

OmahaBeef

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dongalong said:
Do your straight friends get embarrased if you "camp it up" during an inappropriate situation and do you find that too amusing to hold back?:greddy2:
(forgive me if that is a silly question, my only reference is British TV!)

If the your question is directed to me here's my response.

If I do 'camp it up' (do you mean act overtly gay?) it would never be inappropriate because I pretty much size up the venue. I have cousins in Newport with whom I'd never discuss anything but things like the Preservation Society and The Harvard Glee Club and the misdeeds of George Dubya. Whereas when I'm in café society with my real friends (plus once in a while a family member) I simply say what's on my mind and if that includes saying "Fuck but I'd like to pull off his pants" over supper then so be it.

No one seems offended because they'd say something similar if the situation warranted it. I have really wonderful friends.

I don't like (forgive queenie stereotype) "dishy queens" so I don't know that experience except from early days bar-hopping to get laid. I quickly found those fellows superflous and untrustworthy often. There's a batch of my "kind" that seem largely without real substance and appear to lack real direction I'm sad to admit.

Aside:

I was on the beach yesterday with my female best friend. It's fairly remote ususally but about a half an hour into our stay along came two women, a man, and two toddlers. The fellow was beyond handsome and appeared not to be with either of the women. They plunked their blanket down at a fine viewing distance from us. It was one of those rare situations where I was entirely unable to maintain my cool and finally my beach companion said "Earth to [insert my real name here]!!"

I had unconciously tuned her out because I was so mersmerized by his attractiveness.

One of two things was going on since he was looking back:

1) He was equally interested (probably not)

2) He saw me for the indicreet homosexual male I am and was lapping up the narcissitic attention I was affording him (probably so)

Either way... what a lovely day at the beach. Ah me....:redface:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
It wasn't directly aimed at you Stronzo but thank you for your reply.
British television has a high gay community creating the programs, so we have all grown watching camp comedies and camp TV hosts, even dragqueen TV host so in the right situation camping it up can be fun.
In the wrong situation (e.g. with my homophobic friends) things could get silly.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
dongalong said:
Don't you get frustrated? Or think about having sex with him?
Um, no.

Pointless to fantasise about straight guys. It will only lead to disappointment.

That said, I'm not beyond admiring their fine physical qualities. I am often naked in locker rooms with my straight friends, and while it's rather scenic, there's no real sexual tension.

Frankly, it ain't hard to find gay men who DO want to fuck. Why beat your head against a wall?

I do have a few platonic gay friends with whom I would consider crossing the line. My experience is that gay men can cross the line and back with friends much more easily than straight guys do with women. Maybe we're just more mature.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
headbang8 said:
....My experience is that gay men can cross the line and back with friends much more easily than straight guys do with women. Maybe we're just more mature.

True enough. I find that it's usually the new partner (female) who objects to an ex being a friend. Too threatening or something. Simmering embers ready to re-ignite. Some people are extremely territorial.

SMUGuy2007

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It is possible... Except my experience was very traumatizing. I had a best friend in high school (I've just graduated) and we were friends for merely 3 and a half years... basically all through high school. Senior year came around, and I came out and told him that I'm bisexual and he wasn't shocked at all. Well within weeks we were becoming very open and I was flirting and he was sometimes flirting back... which confused me a lot. Things exploded and he found out that I had a crush on him and was very attracted to him and he freaked and basically quit talking to me. We stopped talking to each other half way through senior year and that was it. We have never spoken to one another since then.

I guess I thought that I could be open with him because he shared with me something extremely private... that his dad is gay. I was one of two people in his life (In terms of friends) that he told... we were extremely close.

Ever since it's been hard for me to be open with straight guys and be friends with them because I'm afraid one of us will cross the line just one time and screw the whole thing up.

So I am completely clueless as how to answer this question.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
mem0101 said:
Are you saying that straight men can not be friends with straight women cause you want to fuck them all. Please step into reality. PoutyMcPoutpout

and why don't you try making a real argument Mr. FartyPants? Not that you'd be speaking with any authority on the subject.