Is Africa the *white man's burden?

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
no africa is not the white guys fault, and no, the introductory post in this thread is not racist, everything shoud be addressed, we can't through words as 'racist' at it. so long as it does not insult individuals or aim to treat people diffrently because of their skin color it is not racist.

and not only was it the whites who done slave trade in africa, but i've read that the arabs done more

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some people are really fucking dense. I thoroughly enjoy that while the OP long ago admitted that he "might be racist", people are still popping in and going "He's not racist!":rolleyes:

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
even if he was racist, let him speak, we don't know who really is racist or not, we honestly are not psychic, we can't read others minds. and even if a person does say something racist, rather show them their own wrong, and why it is not fair. and even if he was racist scum, it does not mean that all his points may be wrong, some may be useful, and the others must be criticized.

yesitsbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Marley, what's up? I see you're at it again.

This guy may not be a racist, he just thinks he's doing something noble - more power to him. Give him a medal. Maybe he should do some work with the Appalachians, too. :wink:

I know a lot a white people like him - you know the kind that said OJ is a great guy until his wife died. Suddenly he was every vile thing that some white people love to say about blacks. He's what he is. Leave it.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As someone who lives in South Africa (which is a country - FYI), the whole initial post is inflammatory, ignorant and just plain silly. Such sweeping generalizations. Sad and pointless...

Interesting though that many posters have nothing to say about him, and plenty to say about me.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not exactly, Marley. I am on your side - just don't think you should let this crap stir you up the way it has.

I wouldn't say it's stirred more, just more a reminder that some people LOVE making assumptions so they can rant on about how (insert insult) someone else is. Again, I think it's funny that few people are stepping up and calling him on his bullshit. Funny how some people pick and choose their "battles". Don't mean much to me, I deal with real life assholes enough to not let internet assholes get to me. If anything, my strong words (and foul language) make my responses appear more emotive than they really are.

This thread reminds me of "Different Strokes" as a whole and a certain "Partridge Family" episode where "the glorious white man came along to help the stupid, savage blacks who apparently can't help themselves". Whatever helps ya' sleep at night.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me it's not so much a burden as it is a source of shame for the whole world that conditions are so bad in parts of Africa and so little is done to help. This is the 21st century; it seems that globally, we should all be able to do something to improve conditions in Africa.

A local radio and communications equipment business used to have a program set up to donate shortwave radios with self enclosed hand-cranked spring-powered generators to send to Africa. Apparently through AIDS, genocide, civil wars, etc, there are areas where there are a large number of orphaned children. The shortwave radios are intended for collective households of these children where sometimes the oldest member, the default parent, is no more than ten or eleven. Radio broadcasts provide information on how to purify water, raise crops, etc. What a life for a kid, eh?

JamieBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
..."Lately, almost all his posts seem pointless"...

Fuck!!! Isn't that the pot calling the kettle?
You constantly fire up the keys and spout inane drive
l.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
but what if what what he is saying was true, and that white people are being scene unfairly, why should we then allow the other fascist, chauvanistic views to scream wolf to disatract attention from them who could be the wolfs themselves?, stop calling the guy racist, what has to be done, is to counter his arguments fairly, or just ignore him all together.

i think this is what the nazis done, they dumbed down and used name calling to quiet anybody who disagreed, and then they done what they did, not saying that it is so, but how should we know when we can't question?

as to racism, just to note, racism is stupid, you simply can't be responsible or take credit for what some other guy done who just happens to have the same skin color as you, you are as much that guy as you are an eskimo or any other race. you are two diffrent people with diffrent consciences, plain and simple. you should be judged as individuals

as to the perceptions of society, yes, it may still need to be addressed, most people still use an eye for an eye, which is why i don't disaprove of this thread, as many are still being treated unfairly, and based off of something that is not true, it's best we seek for undeniable truth. correct it and move forward, and anyone that steps out of line must be questioned. maybe in the end we should all just find our own planets

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
what if what what he is saying was true, and that white people are being scene unfairly

He hasn't yet made a single reference to why he views Africa as "the white man's burden". If Africa is a burden to the world, why is it only, according to him, a burden on white people? Who ever asked white people to save Africa. I don't think the color of the help matters.

maybe in the end we should all just find our own planets

So you think the solution is planetary segregation?

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
lol, maybe?

everyone could have there own planets, and go from there, see who concurs and gets there own land first. the point being is that everyone would have total race freedom and there would be no racism anywhere

racism doest seem to be curable, happens everywhere, but it could not happen if we were on different planets

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He hasn't yet made a single reference to why he views Africa as "the white man's burden". If Africa is a burden to the world, why is it only, according to him, a burden on white people? Who ever asked white people to save Africa. I don't think the color of the help matters.

Do you live in a bubble? First it was Bob Geldof, then Bono, then a zillion conferences on what the West needs to do for Africa.

G8 summit: solution to Africa’s problems no longer just a matter of aid - Times Online

The continent appears to be a money pit, money is spent only to be wasted or stolen. There seems to be no end in sight. So for humanitarian reasons the West ( read white men) shoud help but in fact should they? Why Can't Africa find African solutions for their endemic problems?

What do you do with a place that only seems to get worse? Youtell me.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
The time frame for economies to mature is now down to just decades. thats all it takes. We carpet bombed and defoliated Vietnam, which was a Fench colony and subject to the same perils of African colonies and yet just 3 decades later we get this : http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/25/business/worldbusiness/25vietnam.html

Eastern Europe the same. Ireland too.

And Africa still goes backwards. And we get this: BBC News | AFRICA | Baby rapes shock South Africa
and this Child-rape epidemic<br> in South Africa

Explain to me how colonialism and geography and history lead to babies/children being raped at the rate of 58 a day.

More *Guns, Germs and Steel* nonsense? Its not their fault? Geography and history? Why this economy in Africa :

>>>>>>>The economy of Africa consists of the trade, industry, and resources of the peoples of Africa. As of July 2005, approximately 887 million people were living in 54 different states. Africa is the world's poorest inhabited continent. Though parts of the continent have made significant gains over the last few years, of the 175 countries reviewed in the United Nations' Human Development Report 2003, 25 African nations ranked lowest amongst the nations of the world. This is partly due to its turbulent history. The decolonization of Africa was fraught with instability aggravated by cold war conflict. Since mid-20th century the Cold War and increased corruption and despotism have also contributed to Africa's poor economy.
The biggest contrast in terms of development has been between Africa and the economy of East Asia. The economies of China and India have grown rapidly, while Latin America has also experienced moderate growth, lifting millions above subsistence living. By contrast, much of Africa has stagnated and even regressed in terms of foreign trade, investment, per capita income, and other economic growth measures.[1] Poverty has had widespread effects, including low life expectancy, violence, and instability, which in turn have perpetuated the continent's growth problems. Over the decades, there have been many unsuccessful attempts to improve the economies of individual African <<<<<<<<<

So, the entire rest of the EARTH has gotten better but Africa remains stagnated and it is because of history and geography? Tons of natural resources, lots of rivers, favorable growing seasons and its the fault of Europe and Colonialism?

I am open to hearing any reasons you might have to explain any of the above. I especially want to hear the reason for gangs of adult men raping an 8 month old and why its common and accepted.

Did I call it, or did I fucking call it?

The dude is just a plain old, blind-ass racist here to stir the pot under the guise of false "intellectualism". Give me a break. You heard it here first, people: Rape and murder only happens in Africa, because Africans are fundamentally immoral and inferior to the "greater races" on Earth.

And hey, stop copy-pasting from Wikipedia like it's the gospel. If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have to copy and paste from the Wiki. And the best part is, if you go ahead and actually read that Wikipedia article, it quite clearly brings up the issues of geography and history being probable and major effects on the state of economy in Africa.

So get the fuck out of my face, Cracker. Because I'm smarter than you, wiser than you, less racist than you, and you, sir, aren't worth my fucking time.

Last edited:

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did I call it, or did I fucking call it?

The dude is just a plain old, blind-ass racist here to stir the pot under the guise of false "intellectualism". Give me a break. You heard it here first, people: Rape and murder only happens in Africa, because Africans are fundamentally immoral and inferior to the "greater races" on Earth.

And hey, stop copy-pasting from Wikipedia like it's the gospel. If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have to copy and paste from the Wiki. And the best part is, if you go ahead and actually read that Wikipedia article, it quite clearly brings up the issues of geography and history being probable and major effects on the state of economy in Africa.

So get the fuck out of my face, Cracker. Because I'm smarter than you, wiser than you, less racist than you, and you, sir, aren't worth my fucking time.

This is like stealing candy from a baby or shooting fish in a barrel. Pwned?

Map of The World - World Atlas - MSN Encarta

Here is a map of the world. Toggle it up and down please. Run the latitude of Africa across the earth. What do you get?

India, Vietnam, Australia, Peru, BRAZIL!!!!!, Colombia, Argentina, HONG KONG!!!!!, all rapidly advancing economies with the same geography as Africa. Get real, Brazil is rapidly becoming an econ super power. Brazil has figured it out and is thriving. In the tropics.

Thailand, Singapore, Bolivia. Same latitude as African nations and doing lots better. Geography? Sure.

Game, set, maybe match? Drop the Jared Diamond nonsense. He has been discredited completely.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
africas problems is a result of the charities not understanding and countering the problems properly.

problems being the unplanned families in africa, as soon as theres food for one moment theres babies that can't be taken care of the next, what has to be done is to put the same parant planning rules that worked for china, out in africa, then fund as much education as possible, so that we could turn that boat as fast as possible.

the disease is not cured, the patient is fed, this will only worsen everyones lives

the disease should be cured, while the patient is fed the right food!

it may not be our responsibilities, but i don't think that we should just give up on africa because our past methods failed, there may still be hope, if only we could solve the problem properly

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
chiming in late... but you guys/gals already have most of it covered.

My $.02:

I wouldnt say White mans burden. It just casts a negative light on the whole thread.

Africa, from what I hear has breathtaking tourist spots, and is in some instances a jewel for the minerals.
There's probably many more resources and features that haven't been discovered yet.
However - there is also a Very large disadvantage due to all of the disease, famine, and weak unorganized trade.

I'll have to dig it up later...but I would imagine Africa could be a huge supplier for rubber.

What I do find quite irritating is how you see all these Charity cases for "Poor africa" and dying children etc etc. If they'd stop multiplying like Rats, mabee there wouldnt be such a famine and disease disaster.

I'f theyre not smart enough to figure out the results of what fucking does... then why should the rest of the world feel sorry for them. We've got our own problems.

Rape Cases in Africa - Let the Punishment fit the crime. Chop the dick off.