Is an emotional guy attractive?

Is an emotional guy attractive? (please only vote if you are female)

• No, it's a sign of weakness/instability, and I don't feel comfortable with that

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Yes, it shows that he's got feelings

Votes: 57 67.1%

• Total voters

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am gonna go ahead and be the 1st female (maybe?) to vote, I voted "Yes it shows he's got feelings"...I like men who are in touch with their emotional nature enough to share it with me behind closed doors.

Good for you, chrissy. I would have guessed you'd say that.

Stoic during a crisis
Emotional when Audrey and George Peppard find the cat

:rofl:

I prefer men who don't talk much. I like them quiet and reserved on the emotional front and I absolutely hate to see a man cry for any reason.

See response above, babe. :wink:

D_Katherine Clitburn

Account Disabled
Media
Silence is the sexiest fucking ever, esp when punctuated by moans and sighs. I think we would all get along better if we get therapists for our problems and keep lovers for their true purposes--making love, getting off, kissing, waving farewell until next time.

Good to be in touch with one's heart but no need to talk on it all the time.

Last edited:

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
See response above, babe. :wink:[/QUOTE]

That's the nice thing about the many flavors of men out there. We can all choose what we prefer. Some women and bi/gay men prefer emotional men. Some women (dare I say some bi/gay men?) prefer the non-crying flavor.

It's not like I meet a man and say, "Listen dude, shed a tear and we are through." or I ask them, "How many times per year do you cry?" and if it more than zero I dump them.

It's just that the men I end up with DON"T CRY. They just don't.

BTW, I don't choose female friends who are the emotional crying type either. So, no double-standard in that regard.

Last edited:

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Silence is the sexiest fucking ever, esp when punctuated by moans and sighs. I think we would all get along better if we get therapists for our problems and keep lovers for their true purposes--making love, getting off, kissing, waving farewell until next time.

Good to be in touch with one's heart but no need to talk on it all the time.

1+

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I voted yes.

It's much easier to deny your emotions, and avoid them to the point where you don't have to deal with them at all. A true man faces his emotions, and obstacles. It is much braver to admit to one's weakness than to cower in denial.

“It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more 'manhood' to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind.” - Alex Karras

D_Katherine Clitburn

Account Disabled
Media
GreatD, I am slightly bitchy, as it stands, so don't use m on the rule(r) of thumb. I think there is a time, place and person for everything. My problem is that I do not want to be best friends with my lover/man/spouse. Like, ugh. Friendly, yes but this is not the same.

Since I am not thinking of them in that way, all the talking/relating/emoting (like we are best buds) is not in my agenda. I do believe once you share so much, the base is established and now it is time for action.

I talk about certain things with certain people. I do not take all my anxieties and worries to bed. Nor do I confuse my lover with my Dad or my counselor. I have the gaul to expect the same.

If you wants to cry, he can do it under the cover of a thigh-shaking orgasm. But not unless he has a real crisis, let's keep it at tears of joy, yes?

If a man wants to stuff his big hard throbbing shaft into Sugarr, he needs to be relatively quiet in nature.

Ok, back to blessed sexy silence. lol.

Media
chrissymgreen, UKBBW_Denise, njqt466 and christinab: thank you so much for voting yes!

I like men that don't express there feelings or talk too much, I think of it as a sign of emotional maturity to not feel the need to display emotions. Express them yes, display them.....no.

I'm shocked :eek: really...
Don't worry, I'm not crying, lol :biggrin1:
So what you're saying actually is that men need to keep their emotions locked up inside at all time?

Cougar, greatdickismydrug, Delicioussugar: I don't see what "not talking much" has to do with "not being emotional". I mean I'm a rather quiet guy but I can get very emotional in certain situations.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I find if you're a better emotions talker and logically sounder, women hate that. They get frustrated to the point of tears sometimes the little wretches. They're never happier than when they can dominate the intermittent moments between fucking sessions.

I kid, kinda ( and 'intermittent' was used for irony)

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
GreatD, I am slightly bitchy, as it stands, so don't use m on the rule(r) of thumb. Don't worry, I am 100% bitchy and I was not using you or, me for that matter, as a rule of thumb. Just agreeing with your point of view.

The OP's question was "Do you find an emotional guy attractive?" and my answer like yours was: no.

I think there is a time, place and person for everything. My problem is that I do not want to be best friends with my lover/man/spouse. Like, ugh. Friendly, yes but this is not the same. EXACTLY. I do not want to talk to my lover/man/spouse about the same things I talk to my sisters and girlfriends about and as stated in above post I don't even like emotional crying female friends.

Since I am not thinking of them in that way, all the talking/relating/emoting (like we are best buds) is not in my agenda. Ditto. If a man wants to stuff his big hard throbbing shaft into Sugarr, he needs to be relatively quiet in nature. Isn't talking a waste of time under these circumstances? and talkers can't turn it off. No matter how many times I've told certain FBs "I don't want to talk before, during, or after sex"....they just kept doing it. Stopped seeing both of them.

Ok, back to blessed sexy silence. lol.
Enjoy.

Quiet, "non-emotional" men express their feelings in more subtle ways. The nuances in the silence is what turns me on. The nod of the head, the look in the eye, the change in their touch, body language...much like communicating with animals... primal and way more attractive than talking.

Same goes for crying. My men do not need to express their sadness with crying in order for me to know they have feelings.

Looks like there are plenty of takers for the emotional guys out there. But, guys if you are not into sharing your feelings and crying there are women out there who will understand you and not condemn you for it.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't mind an emotional man as long as he's not crying all the time. I'm the type of friend/gf that is there for anybody in their time of need. If he likes romantic comedys or titanic its fine with me.

I recall when I was 17 and my ex bf called me upset because he had unprotected sex with this girl and he was scared she might be pregnant. Our relationship had ended on bad terms but that didn't stop me from hanging up on him at 3 a.m. on a school night. I talked with him for about 2 hrs to make sure he was calm and told him i'd like to get an hr sleep before I got up for the morning

Media
Well, they just seem to run together in my experience.
That must be a coincidence then. I'm the non-talking emotional type of guy.
Especially during sex, what's there to talk about before or during sex?
That's totally different from what I meant with the topic question, otherwise I would have asked: Are talkers attractive? :)

Cougar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
chrissymgreen, UKBBW_Denise, njqt466 and christinab: thank you so much for voting yes!

I'm shocked :eek: really...
Don't worry, I'm not crying, lol :biggrin1:
So what you're saying actually is that men need to keep their emotions locked up inside at all time?

Cougar, greatdickismydrug, Delicioussugar: I don't see what "not talking much" has to do with "not being emotional". I mean I'm a rather quiet guy but I can get very emotional in certain situations.

My female friends are also chosen for their ability to keep it under wraps. So I am not gender specific in my preferences of less emotional companions.

I never said that an emotional person should stifle their emotions, I just said that I prefer to be around people who are less demonstrative that way.

Just a personal prefrence, not a condemnation of you sissy's :biggrin1: :tongue:
(that was a joke dammit!)

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That must be a coincidence then. I'm the non-talking emotional type of guy.
Especially during sex, what's there to talk about before or during sex?
I could write a book of the stupid & crazy shit I have heard.
That's totally different from what I meant with the topic question, otherwise I would have asked: Are talkers attractive? :)

I don't think it's a coincidence. I think that it is a matter of self-control which is why I (and perhaps the other two women) lumped the two (talking and crying) together when answering your original question.
We did answer the question. We just defined "emotional" for ourselves and voted no.
My bet is that the three of us women together have way more experience with men than you have. You may just be the exception to what we have found is a rule.

Interesting topic. Thanks for posting.