Is an OPEN RELATIONSHIP a new standard for gays?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It`s becoming really hard to find a guy who is looking for a monogamous relationship. Even my friends who are in LTR relationships in time have started being open.
Maybe it`s just an illusion, but that`s how I see it.

Reactions: malakos

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I mean that there are still plenty of folks (even here) that still desire and believe in a monogamous realtionship. There are also plenty that want an open relationship (degrees can and do vary).

And you'll also find couples where one wants monogamous, and want wants open, but they love each other enough to come to an agreement one way or another, and respect it.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe it`s because people who tend to be in an open relationship are people who look for sex partners and as a result we see them.
Monogamous ones don`t search cause they are mostly taken???

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's something I felt was abnormally over-encountered so far myself. Eh, people are just growing more disgusting to me as the time passes anyway.

So, if they don't agree with your feelings, they're disgusting? :confused:

Damn, that's harsh :frown1:

conclave27

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well the sad fact is that most gays in my part of the world "say" they want monogamy....but wanna play on the side. Almost every person I have met is that way... they desire monogamy.. and when they get it they feel trapped and want something more. Then one or the other hoping to keep the other one happy change things to open....cause it's better they know... than have he other person cheat.

Sadly this cycles goes on and on... and on until someone can't take it anymore. Then there both single and too old to find anyone but tricks... or they just settle for the first things and try their luck. It's one of the suckiest things in the world... a place full of biys who don't man up.

Reactions: malakos

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well the sad fact is that most gays in my part of the world "say" they want monogamy....but wanna play on the side. Almost every person I have met is that way... they desire monogamy.. and when they get it they feel trapped and want something more. Then one or the other hoping to keep the other one happy change things to open....cause it's better they know... than have he other person cheat.

Sadly this cycles goes on and on... and on until someone can't take it anymore. Then there both single and too old to find anyone but tricks... or they just settle for the first things and try their luck. It's one of the suckiest things in the world... a place full of biys who don't man up.
This exactly, with my vitriol removed and tact added.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm in an open relationship, but I see both sides of the equation. It took a lot of brutal and honest discussions, as well as a few screaming arguments to come to an agreement on it. I looked at everything else in the relationship that is great and satisfying in so many ways, and decided that sex with others was one of the few things I was willing to compromise on.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It`s becoming really hard to find a guy who is looking for a monogamous relationship. Even my friends who are in LTR relationships in time have started being open.
Maybe it`s just an illusion, but that`s how I see it.

Does this mean I'll finally get my chance with you???! :love:

:)lmao: )

J/k....Not gay, well, a little bit - but tried an open relationship. Didn't work for me.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does this mean I'll finally get my chance with you???! :love:

:)lmao: )

J/k....Not gay, well, a little bit - but tried an open relationship. Didn't work for me.
:love:
You can always try! :biggrin1:
I have never been in an open relationship but somehow I have a feeling it won`t work out for me either.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
:love:
You can always try! :biggrin1:
I have never been in an open relationship but somehow I have a feeling it won`t work out for me either.

Ok, if I ever decide to have an open relationship again, it will because you have finally decided to go half hetero for me! :biggrin1:

As far as my experience went, the relationship was seriously diluted with the addition of other people - it didn't strengthen anything. And when I love, I love with every cell of my being - there is no room for anyone else. If I had truly loved this man, there is no way I would have tried this type of relationship. As it was I loved him, but I knew he wasn't "the one".

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, if I ever decide to have an open relationship again, it will because you have finally decided to go half hetero for me! :biggrin1:

As far as my experience went, the relationship was seriously diluted with the addition of other people - it didn't strengthen anything. And when I love, I love with every cell of my being - there is no room for anyone else. If I had truly loved this man, there is no way I would have tried this type of relationship. As it was I loved him, but I knew he wasn't "the one".
See, this is how I feel, too.
But after a short chat with my friend yesterday who is in a commited relationship with her bf, she said something - it seems monogamy is not in human nature. We were talking about other people, a little bit of friendly gossip. :smile:
I`m very open to try anything, but somehow I have always thought that if you love somebody and they love you there isn`t much room for anyone else. I respect everyone`s right to live the life as they like.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Monogamy is in my nature. When I love, that man becomes the model upon which all men are judged. I don't want anyone else.

I think I'm like a penguin....I mate for life!

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Monogamy is in my nature. When I love, that man becomes the model upon which all men are judged. I don't want anyone else.

I think I'm like a penguin....I mate for life!

LaFemme, glad you're interested in the issue and have experience with it, but the question was aimed at gay men, not straight women, and gay men ARE much more open to open relationships than straight women are.