Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. I've never really been much one for casual sex (or getting laid a whole lot in general), but it seems every time I have sex, I live in terror that I've caught something, even if there's no reason to believe I did.

Like for example around 3-4 days ago I had sex with a girl, not exactly a stranger, we'd been friends online for a while, and she was in town for the week. Pretty basic, I ate her out, she blew me, we had sex with a condom. Now, I can't get this gnawing terror out of my mind that I have herpes, or something else awful. Not only that, but now I've got a really bad cold, and that only makes things worse.

I've had sex with 3 people this year, 2 were people I was seeing, and this third girl, and yet still I live in terror. So how do all these people who go out every weekend trying to get laid not freak out?

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1) You could try having "the conversation" with them beforehand...

2) If you think this is an irrational level of anxiety, reality-check it with a dr or therapist, and see why you feel this way. If you feel "terror" about it, then... it sounds like it's causing you discomfort/displeasure and it's worth spending a little time to get your head sorted out.

D

deleted213967

If a lot more people were just as paranoid about STDs as the OP, there might be no STDs to worry about.

What makes STDs so prevalent (and shockingly on the rise) is the reckless behavior of a minority of the sex scene players.

milkyca

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You might consider speaking to a therapist. Otherwise, your choices consist of either accepting the biting terror that comes post-sexual experience or severely restricting your sexual activities.

Like you, I was never one for casual sex. My choice was to regularly get tested, and to remain monogamous.

Eboomo

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm in total agreement. I have felt EXACTLY the same way. My thoughts where in terror after every blow job let alone sex. Thanks for all the responses, I myself have never considered therapy / doctor route as a possible solution.

I believe I'll pursue that as a possible option for help.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Being cautious in life, and in intimate relations is a good thing. But If worry or "paranoia" shield the much of the joy, perhaps it would be of consideration to seek a few sessions in professional counseling. Is this behavior from your upbringing?

As the saying goes, "If you're afraid of dying, you're afraid of living."

On a medical side: most illnesses, not all, but most, symptoms take 7-10 days to be noticed. A runny nose and chills, diarrhea et al, is actually your immune system at work...not the cold or pathogen. These symptoms are a way of the body flushing out the germs.
Try to relax and enjoy the moments in life, but keep a level and educated head about your doings.

M*

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. I've never really been much one for casual sex (or getting laid a whole lot in general), but it seems every time I have sex, I live in terror that I've caught something, even if there's no reason to believe I did.
You can't be in too much terror because you actually have sex. Some people are too scared to even have sex because of STD's.
So how do all these people who go out every weekend trying to get laid not freak out?
Ignorance is bliss. They don't understand the risks. They never figure it will happen to them. Or they figure it's worth the risk, just like the benefit of driving down the highway is worth the risk of an accident.

1) You could try having "the conversation" with them beforehand...
But what good is talking? Many people will say they don't have anything. The best you can do is check someone's recent STD test results and be educated enough about STD's to understand that they've been thoroughly tested. Many people don't get a copy of their test results.

Personally, I'm most scared of herpes and HPV (genital warts) because these can be transmitted even when using condoms. And most people aren't educated about herpes, so I won't trust then if they say they don't have it. People don't realize that doctors don't regularly test for it, so many people that have it think they don't have it.

Something like 20% of people will get genital herpes during their lifetime in America. Many get it from oral sex, so you should be cautious. Many get it from unprotected sex with cheating partners.

I started this thread/poll about STD's last year:
http://www.lpsg.org/56986-fear-of-sexually-transmitted-infections.html

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am very worried. In this day and age with women, of my age, not really caring about their partners and just going to some party, getting wasted, and having sex, I always am scared (although I am still a virgin). Just before I left some guy was scared he got the clap. The problem comes from the two STD's we haven't cured, and those two can be bad. HIV and Herpes. Herpes isn't as bad as what can happen with the other STD's but we can't treat it, and the HIV vaccine is about 5 years away.

That's right, HIV vaccine. A week or two ago some scientists (credible ones, not the cloning/cold fusion ones) said that and HIV vaccine was likely in the next 5 years.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Like for example around 3-4 days ago I had sex with a girl, not exactly a stranger, we'd been friends online for a while, and she was in town for the week. Pretty basic, I ate her out, she blew me, we had sex with a condom. Now, I can't get this gnawing terror out of my mind that I have herpes, or something else awful. Not only that, but now I've got a really bad cold, and that only makes things worse.

I've had sex with 3 people this year, 2 were people I was seeing, and this third girl, and yet still I live in terror.
So how do all these people who go out every weekend trying to get laid not freak out?
No sense of consequences I guess. I don't obsess like you and Jovial, but I do think about it sometimes and I am careful.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
it's good you're concerned about your health and your body. but at the same time there's no need to freak out about it. if you're horribly paranoid like you say you are, you wouldn't have had sex with that woman.

my best advice before you have sex is that it's always best to have the sex talk. make sure you and your partner are both tested for STDs and you're both negative. it'll make you less paranoid and you won't feel so pressured and erratic afterwards.