Is anyone else tired of giving advice only to be ignored?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I know I sure fucking am.

To be honest, I have to wonder why I bother to give advice at all if all I get in return is...

"Stay on topic"
"If I wanted to hear comments from a condomlover, I'd ask."
"Fuck off"
" You don't know shit about anything"

Let's give a big three cheers for a support group with members who don't want support.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

To be honest, I have to wonder why I bother to give advice at all if all I get in return is...

"Stay on topic"
"Fuck off"

Let's give a big three cheers for a support group with members who don't want support.

You give great advice, so don't take it personally. Sometimes the only reason why people ask for advice, is because they have already made up their minds and are looking to have their decision validated...ie you are being set up for a fall...and when they don't get what they are looking for, they then give responses like those listed by you.

Don't give up...there may just be one person out their sitting silently facing a similar dilemma and find help through your posts! :smile:

aido

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
there are two types of advice-seekers in this world; people who want their problem solved and people who just want to bitch. You seem to be suffering the second type. My advice [if you want it :)] is let it wash over you

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.

Sorry, Jeff, but I won't let those kinds of posts pass without comment. I don't really care if they like it or not.

Regardless of what anyone says, it IS my business if a sexually transmitted disease gets transmitted by wanton careless selfish behavior. The non-curable diseases speak for themselves, they are a public menace. The treatable ones are getting less so, due to antibiotic resistance.

So with those disease transmissions that could be avoided but are not, it does become the business of the community.

Of course, we can't make them stop being selfish and irresponsible, but we certainly can chastise them for it. And if they don't like it, they can either stop posting about their irresponsible behavior, or they can go elsewhere, or they can take the hint.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

"Stay on topic"
"Fuck off"

I always appreciate your advice Jeff

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The people you're talking about are looking for two types of advice:

1) Someone to echo their thoughts exactly and offer no counterpoint or original thought. They want their OP thrown back at them as the work of a genius as everyone applauds their decisions towards reckless behaviour or other stupid shit.

2) Lusty posts and messages to help fuel the original reason for posting, which was to live vicariously through others.
Like when a guy asks; "Can anyone tell me how to make my gf want it up the ass?"
A reasonable response; "Have you talked to her about it and let her know your feelings?" (this response will get ignored)
An unreasonable response; "Just rub your head around her asshole until she moans and then shove your fat cock inside her. She'll love it." (this message will elicit a positive response.

I've seen you continually shot down for trying to help out Jeff, and I feel bad that your assistance gets met with derision and/or no response at all.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

"Stay on topic"
"Fuck off"

Jeffykins I still love yah bro.

D

deleted105000

"Be chary of giving advice...wise men don't need it and fools won't heed it"

Lazarus Long (Robert Heinlein)

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

"Stay on topic"
"Fuck off"

awwww :hug: I love listening to you Jeff. well more even I like looking at you (TOM!)
I know , people should be able to accept that if they are going to ask questions that include or are overflowing with inappropriate unsafe practices, that they are gonna hear about it
I just bustle around and try to soothe ruffled feathers.
Its like the alcoholic who says "I only wanna know directions to the road I need , man- dont tell me Ive had too much to drink and drive!!"

You give great advice, so don't take it personally. Sometimes the only reason why people ask for advice, is because they have already made up their minds and are looking to have their decision validated...ie you are being set up for a fall...and when they don't get what they are looking for, they then give responses like those listed by you.

Don't give up...there may just be one person out their sitting silently facing a similar dilemma and find help through your posts! :smile:

That validation thing is sooo true, its like once someone validates their decision somehow, if it all goes wrong they dont have the weight of ALL the blame. Its almost a self preservation technique, subconsciously.

there are two types of advice-seekers in this world; people who want their problem solved and people who just want to bitch. You seem to be suffering the second type. My advice [if you want it :)] is let it wash over you
yeah whats that cliche I screwed up about bad apples and the Osmonds? (One bad apple does spoil the barrel apparently) damned Osmonds
But one who doesnt wanna listen isnt worth the other 25 who DO. :wink:

Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.

Sorry, Jeff, but I won't let those kinds of posts pass without comment. I don't really care if they like it or not.

Regardless of what anyone says, it IS my business if a sexually transmitted disease gets transmitted by wanton careless selfish behavior. The non-curable diseases speak for themselves, they are a public menace. The treatable ones are getting less so, due to antibiotic resistance.

So with those disease transmissions that could be avoided but are not, it does become the business of the community.

Of course, we can't make them stop being selfish and irresponsible, but we certainly can chastise them for it. And if they don't like it, they can either stop posting about their irresponsible behavior, or they can go elsewhere, or they can take the hint.

You're right of course DC, with your opinion. I mean, people have been charged with what 'attempted murder' ? for having unprotected sex purposely when they KNEW they were HIV positive?
But I'm a kind of 'ride both sides of the fence' girl sometimes, cant help it, I have to analyze everything from all sources, its just part of my nature to try to see things from all sides even when I disagree.

oh hell What AM I going on about? Ya'll aren't pissed off at me are you?:confused:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

"Stay on topic"
"Fuck off"

Geez, JB...if I wanted to see a thread about feeling unappreciated due to the inconsiderate responses from random fuckwits, I'd have started one myself.

Giving advice...isn't that adorable? You just keep sitting there looking like Clark Kent, JB...that's all you need to do!

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
That validation thing is sooo true, its like once someone validates their decision somehow, if it all goes wrong they dont have the weight of ALL the blame. Its almost a self preservation technique, subconsciously.
Exactly, pet. And I really don't intend to let them off that easily. People MUST be held accountable.
You're right of course DC, with your opinion. I mean, people have been charged with what 'attempted murder' ? for having unprotected sex purposely when they KNEW they were HIV positive?
But I'm a kind of 'ride both sides of the fence' girl sometimes, cant help it, I have to analyze everything from all sources, its just part of my nature to try to see things from all sides even when I disagree.

oh hell What AM I going on about? Ya'll aren't pissed off at me are you?:confused:
No, dear, not pissed at you at all. And I actually understand your point. What a lot of people don't understand about me is that, if it only involves consenting adults, I'm usually the first one to stand up for their rights, no matter how unpopular. But when the possibility of spreading STDs gets thrown into the mix, regardless of what they say, it DOES become a public health issue. Because of careless and improper or non-existent treatment, many of those diseases are spreading as antibiotic-resistant strains. Taking someone's word for it if they say "I'm clean" is irresponsible. Really, that is my big issue - every single time one of the STDs gets transmitted, the effects are not just simply limited to the person who gets the drip.

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's too bad there are more than a few turds in the punch bowl Jeff. Just avoid them, and don't give up on being exactly who you are. There are plenty of us who appreciate what you have to say!!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
You guys and gals are right. I appreciate the sound advice.

I'm gonna stew on it for a bit before I offer more advice. To be honest, you get a bit of a bad taste in your mouth when you feel like the advice you offer was wasted.

Not saying it was, I just....I dunno.... it doesn't matter. The site will live on, and the majority of the people are decent.:smile: