Is anyone else tired of giving advice only to be ignored?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, don't think that your advice is given in vain. You have an audience here. Many lurkers like me get a lot of helpful hints that weren't intended for them. Kinda like reading Dear Abby.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
For everyone person who does not listen or take your advise or that given from others seriously, there are generally 3-5 people who do! This has been the case for me as well as others here. It is also statistical - for those of you interested in qualitiative fact (I will put that source on here if I can put my fingers on it soon).

Sometimes people find it necessary to suffer. For them... sobeit. Don't allow those folk to ruin sound advise that could help so many others. :)

I'm done!

Rihanna

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Statistics can be tricky but sometimes refreshing.
For everyone person who does not listen or take your advise or that given from others seriously, there are generally 3-5 people who do! This has been the case for me as well as others here. It is also statistical - for those of you interested in qualitiative fact (I will put that source on here if I can put my fingers on it soon).

Sometimes people find it necessary to suffer. For them... sobeit. Don't allow those folk to ruin sound advise that could help so many others. :)

I'm done!

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The people you're talking about are looking for two types of advice:

1) Someone to echo their thoughts exactly and offer no counterpoint or original thought. They want their OP thrown back at them as the work of a genius as everyone applauds their decisions towards reckless behaviour or other stupid shit.

2) Lusty posts and messages to help fuel the original reason for posting, which was to live vicariously through others.
Like when a guy asks; "Can anyone tell me how to make my gf want it up the ass?"
A reasonable response; "Have you talked to her about it and let her know your feelings?" (this response will get ignored)
An unreasonable response; "Just rub your head around her asshole until she moans and then shove your fat cock inside her. She'll love it." (this message will elicit a positive response.

I've seen you continually shot down for trying to help out Jeff, and I feel bad that your assistance gets met with derision and/or no response at all.

yea i agree with you.....

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was at walmart last night and saw a shirt with this on it "there are NO stupid questions......just STUPID people"

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Yes, don't think that your advice is given in vain. You have an audience here. Many lurkers like me get a lot of helpful hints that weren't intended for them. Kinda like reading Dear Abby.

OMG, now I am a fictional female character, who gives bad advice:biggrin1:

Actually, I had forgotten (temporarily) why I post advice. I had to be reminded. It's not because I'm dying to add another post to my count ( well, sometimes it is:rolleyes: ).... it's actually because I genuinely want to help others. I guess we all need a good reminder that just because one person doesn't heed our advice, doesn't mean others haven't read what we wrote and been influenced by it.