Is anyone here a conservative Christian?

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, I am a conservative Christian. And, by that I want you to understand that I want to hang on to all that is good, right, and true in the whole of the long sweep of Christianity.

As a conservative Christian I take seriously the recorded thoughts of Jesus of Nazareth and his most articulate and sometimes inciteful followers. I do not want anyone to misuse the Christian faith and its institutions as devices of control.

And, because I am conservative AND Christian I resist anyone's attempt to suggest that my Christian faith must needs drive me to support those who forget that it was for freedom that Christ set us free and I do not want anyone to even suggest that they have a special insight into what God Almighty is saying to us in the events of our time.

My Christian faith keeps me humble knowing that I and every other person could be wrong because we are human and not God.

It all boils down to what you want to conserve and in that I find that as the Christian faith speaks to me I must respectfully disagree with many of those who claim the name of Christian and/or conservative.

You might say that as a conservative what I want to hang on to (to conserve) are a host of things that fall under the heading of liberal values and this is particularlly true in the area of the rule of law , justice, the common welfare, and the blessings of liberty.

It all depends on the way you define the terms.

And none of this has any relationship to the way I or any other man is hung; discuss your hang ups and spare us your frivolity about being hung. AVOID BEING HUNG UP!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobgod1234